Author Topic: Repubs say the sit-in is "disrespectful." Atman  (Read 1979 times)

Offline CC27

Repubs say the sit-in is "disrespectful." Atman
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »
Atman (29,662 posts)

Repubs say the sit-in is "disrespectful."

But defaulting on the U.S. debt and shutting down the government is perfectly fine.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027945093

The sit in is so 1960's. You DUmmies need a new playbook.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Repubs say the sit-in is "disrespectful." Atman
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:47 AM »
Atman (29,662 posts)

Whereas this libertarian says it is silly and stupid. Keep it up, DUmbasses!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:09 AM »
The whole thing is frigging embarrassing.  They look like complete douchebags, and they're displaying their ignorance of parliamentary procedure.  The senate has already voted whatever it was down; this is not how you introduce legislation.  Idiots. 

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
Somebody should bring some duplo blocks to the party so the sit in people don't get bored. When they complain, hush them and say the adults are talking right now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »
It is a side show to stir up the single brain cell leftist base.
The DUmp proves it worked on people too stupid to understand the charade.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:00:59 AM »
Comments like this are common:

Response to Atman (Original post)

Thu Jun 23, 2016, 10:12 AM

Star Member Else You Are Mad (1,439 posts)

28. Shutting down the whole federal government

Is much more disrespectful. Now, which one of the parties shut down the federal government...?

Nobody cared about shutting down the stupid government.  We still won the senate. 

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »
The reason that the donks hate the federal government to shutdown is that 99% of America will not notice. When 99% of Americans notice that there is no fundamental difference with the feds shutdown, the feds will lose power.  Can't have that.

BTW listening to Preznint Shit Midas scold us again. We have let him down again.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »
To me this is frightening. If we have devolved to the point where people who were elected to LEAD by deciding important issues within long-established House rules, instead decide to thwart the process and throw a tantrum like a bunch of toddlers mad because they didn't get their way, then I don't think this form of government will last much longer.

Add to that the fact that this fall we will have a choice between the two worst candidates in the history of our country, I think we are doomed.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:20 AM »
To me this is frightening. If we have devolved to the point where people who were elected to LEAD by deciding important issues within long-established House rules, instead decide to thwart the process and throw a tantrum like a bunch of toddlers mad because they didn't get their way, then I don't think this form of government will last much longer.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Add to that the fact that this fall we will have a choice between the two worst candidates in the history of our country, I think we are doomed.

If there must be war, let it be in my time, that my child may have peace.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 11:26:24 AM »
Somebody should bring some duplo blocks to the party so the sit in people don't get bored. When they complain, hush them and say the adults are talking right now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

H-5 earned and issued! The entertainment value should be great, as representatives of the various competing victim classes would soon be throwing the Duplos at each other.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 11:43:10 AM »
 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/22/democrats-getting-chick-fil-a-sit-in/

DEMOCRATIC SIT-IN
Gun Control Protest
FUELED BY IRONIC TAKEOUT

Democrats staging a sit-in on the floor of Congress won't go hungry -- we spotted their food order on its way into the Capitol ... and it's pretty damn ironic.
A couple carts full of Chick-fil-A food were toted in by Congressional interns. We get it ... protesters gotta eat, but consider this: The push for gun control legislation was prompted by Omar Mateen's heinous attack on a gay nightclub -- and Chick-fil-A's ownership has a long history of opposing LGBTQ rights.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 02:53:14 PM »
The sit in is so 1960's. You DUmmies need a new playbook.

...and with Happy Meals!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 02:54:36 PM »
DEMOCRATIC SIT-IN
Gun Control Protest
FUELED BY IRONIC TAKEOUT

Democrats staging a sit-in on the floor of Congress won't go hungry -- we spotted their food order on its way into the Capitol ... and it's pretty damn ironic.
A couple carts full of Chick-fil-A food were toted in by Congressional interns. We get it ... protesters gotta eat, but consider this: The push for gun control legislation was prompted by Omar Mateen's heinous attack on a gay nightclub -- and Chick-fil-A's ownership has a long history of opposing LGBTQ rights.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/22/democrats-getting-chick-fil-a-sit-in/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »
Well, at least Paul Ryan didn't buckle on this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/23/ryan-sends-lawmakers-home-after-dem-sit-in-fails-to-force-gun-control-vote.html?intcmp=hplnws

My first thought was he should have had them cleared out by force. That is what these idiot dems want though so he took the other option and basically told them they could stay there and have a snit all they want... he and every other adult are going home.

I am about at the end of my tolerance for these dumbass dems and their supporters.  I say it is time to just tell these fools they can have their big cities in their liberal utopia states as long as they stay there and leave the rest of us alone.  Then enforce it.   They would all be dead in 5 years. If that. Anyone left after that time could rejoin the rest of us without voting rights.

We were doomed from the 60's on.  Adding nails in the coffin with letting illegals in.  Trump is the result of people getting fed up with the BS from the elected idiots.  It won't make a difference in the end.  The death of the USA is a forgone conclusion. The only question left is when the final eulogy will be spoken.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
This was more than disrespectful. This was embarrassing, juvenile and just plain idiotic. These people who sat on the floor and pouted because they didn't get what they wanted have no right to call themselves statesmen. These wastes of space are all either elderly or middle aged and they sit and pout.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 07:39:40 PM »
Well apparently the snit-a-thon has ended.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2016/06/23/35730829-democrats-end-gun-control-sit-in-after-more-than-24-hours-on-house-floor?d=1

I liked this:

While they failed to get the Republicans to vote on two controversial gun control bills, Lewis said they got the point across to the American people.

"By sitting in, we're really standing up for the rest of America," Lewis said a little after 1 p.m. "It's not a struggle that lasts for one day, one week, one month, one year."

Eventually, Lewis said, those who favor gun policy reforms will win.

LMFAO.  Apparently they don't remember what happened the last time they passed a gun control bill back in 94.  I think all these idiots did is to assure the GOP retains control of the house.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 08:35:45 PM »

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2016/06/23/35730829-democrats-end-gun-control-sit-in-after-more-than-24-hours-on-house-floor?d=1

I liked this:

LMFAO.  Apparently they don't remember what happened the last time they passed a gun control bill back in 94.  I think all these idiots did is to assure the GOP retains control of the house.

I think that because of this snit (and the Dems' insistence on gun control), the Dems could have cost themselves retaking the Senate, as well.  Let's remember that the Dems have 20+ seats to defend in 2018, too . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 09:36:07 PM »

I liked this:

I would agree; however, a lot of voters get their marching instructions from the MSM.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »
I would agree; however, a lot of voters get their marching instructions from the MSM.
Symbolism over substance.  Sadly.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline JGHB

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 09:52:37 AM »

I'd say more like "juvenile".
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Delmar

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 02:25:00 PM »
Response to Atman (Original post)Thu Jun 23, 2016, 12:10 PM
Atman (29,667 posts)
38. I hope they're enjoying their much-needed vacation.

It's very stressful doing absolutely NOTHING for a couple months every year, while getting paid a six-figure salary.

This is tutorial intended for the stupid children lurking here from democrat underground, everyone else can ignore it:

Recess for Congress isn't vacation like what Barry is taking all the time.  It is time for members of Congress to go back to their home districts to keep in touch with their constituents.  They are voted for directly by the people for relatively short terms and provide a direct link between the people and the federal government.
As Madison argued in The Federalist No. 52:

As it is essential to liberty that the government in general should have a common interest with the people, so it is particularly essential that the [Congress] should have an immediate dependence on, and an intimate sympathy with, the people. Frequent elections are unquestionably the only policy by which this dependence and sympathy can be effectually secured.

These primitives really have no idea how our government is constituted.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »
I posted on Facebook the Dimrats sit-in looked more like a geriatric sleepover, without the teddy bears and pillow fights.   :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.