Author Topic: Wonkette selling a tee shirt depicting HRC holding Trump's severed head  (Read 1763 times)

Offline FaC

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027917272

The true liberal side of Hillary's base comes out for all to see:

cali (113,107 posts)   Wed Jun 15, 2016, 07:19 AM

Yeah, yeah. It's a biblical reference- as if that makes it any easier to defend. And of course, the wingnuts have picked up this story and our reacting with predictable hypocritical outrage. T

It's still jaw droppingly stupid to be selling this.

http://wonkette.com/602757/oh-whoops-we-just-forced-you-to-buy-this-shirt-of-hillary-clinton-cutting-off-trumps-head

I am going to capture the whole thing since I suspect that it is headed for the bit bucket...

Miles Archer (3,302 posts)

1. That kind of crap doesn't help at all.

It's not that Trump supporters are going to see that as the hipsters at Wonkette having a laugh.

It's the fact that it will be seen as "Liberals"...that's right, every last one of them...are no better than ISIS.

I haven't read any of the blowback on this, but I know how their minds work. The pack mentality is going to run this one all the way up the ladder, and by the time they are finished, Hannity will be re-posting Brietbart articles on Facebook "exposing" how Clinton Photoshopped this personally.

I've never been a Wonkette fan...too much snark where there should be insight...but yeah, this is not a golden moment for them.

cali (113,097 posts)

2. The blowback from this hasn't started yet. It will be a big ****ing wave

particularly in the light of the two beheaded Canadians.

It's just moronic.

Cobalt Violet (9,058 posts)

4. Looks like something republicans would do.

Not surprise since the Democratic party is what it is now. 

Warren DeMontague (71,719 posts)

5. Wow, that's a weak-ass photoshop job.

I mean, fine if you're just throwing something together in 15 minutes for shits and giggles, but to actually sell to people on shirts that they would actually consider wearing around?

I'll get around to the content, sure... eventually, but right now I'm still trying to get my head around anyone paying for such a craptastic cut and paste job.

femmedem (2,700 posts)

6. Awful. It plays into the notion that violence is just fine so long as the victors are righteous

and the murdered are in the wrong.

Politically, it's not smart. But I'm less concerned with the politics than I am with the trivialization of violence.

I know it's a joke, but I can't laugh at it.

OnDoutside (147 posts)

7. Too biblical and poor taste.

(Picture attached for now since I suspect that it will somehow disappear from the Wonkette site before long)

modified by franksolich to show the primitive who originally posted this
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:19:00 AM by franksolich »

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Here is the pic. 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

Everything is still up, and man, is that ugly or what? 

Offline SVPete

OK, I'm a Protestant, and have only read the book of Judith (which most Protestants do not accept as canonical) once ... during Nixon's first term. So maybe my memory is off. Wonkette identifies Holofernes as a Roman general. IIRC, Judith is set during the time of the Babylonian Empire, several centuries before Rome became more than a small-moderate sized city state.

Further, IIRC, Judith is set in a time of literal war (i.e. spears, swords, arrows, and sling stones, not, metaphorically described verbal rhetoric). Judith's city was, IIRC, literally besieged (i.e. it wasn't a contentious Presidential election campaign). Holofernes (if Wonkette got that detail correct) was about to literally rape Judith (i.e. they were having more than a sharp verbal disagreement about political ideology).

:banghead: IOW, Wonkette's T-shirt is as STOOOOOOOOPID as it is predictable. :banghead: :naughty: Frankly, I hope every SHREWbot buys a drawerful and wears them as often as possible! :naughty:

I guess I'll wander over to Wikipedia to see if they have a summary of the book of Judith, check my 45-year-old memory.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Hey, lurkers--look long and hard at the massive image that Gina posted.

This is what the modern-day Democrat party has become.

Do not go saying, "This is what the Right would do!"  Because we wouldn't.  We'd rather see HilLIARy go to a nice, safe Federal prison for a few years--the rest of her life, preferably--because of her email practices.

It is your side that is advocating violence.

And it is your side that wants to repeal the Second Amendment.

We want to be left the Hell alone.

The longer you spout on, doing shit like this, the more of your voters you turn away--to become our voters.  Keep it up and they stay in our camp forever.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

Well, I came closer to the plot than did Wonkette. Not that I think the people at Wonkette give a @#$% about saying anything accurate about the Bible. Judith is set, supposedly, in the 6th Century BC (Babylonian Empire times), and Judith's city was besieged. OTOH, unless Wikipedia omits it from their plot summary, Holofernes wasn't about to rape Judith.

Wonkette's campaign Tee is still so repellent that I hope lots of SHREWbots wear one daily.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

H-5 earned and issued, BSS!

Offline BlueStateSaint

H-5 earned and issued, BSS!

TYVM, and returned! :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline SVPete

TYVM, and returned! :cheersmate:

Likewise. Sometimes it's fun to take Prog silliness at face value and shred it with facts - expose the ignorance therein. IIRC, Wonkette is one or more Wonkettes-in-Chief beyond the original, but the shallow, fact-challenged, and hyper-spun content is much the same.

Offline BlueStateSaint

Likewise. Sometimes it's fun to take Prog silliness at face value and shred it with facts - expose the ignorance therein. IIRC, Wonkette is one or more Wonkettes-in-Chief beyond the original, but the shallow, fact-challenged, and hyper-spun content is much the same.

I think she's been doing some 'Wonking' to that image. :whistling:

Chase her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Reverse the image, and its 'stochastic terrorism' - why isn't it now, DUmmies ?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
That golden muumuu does a better job than a pantsuit, of hiding her thunderthighs and cankles.

She should really go with that look.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

That golden muumuu does a better job than a pantsuit, of hiding her thunderthighs and cankles.

She should really go with that look.

And her wobbly arms and wattles!

Offline Big Dog

And her wobbly arms and wattles!

Nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana.... Bat wings!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline jukin

Countdown on Trump and the republican party made them do the horrible shirt?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

Predictably, they are trying to somehow shift the blame to us. Yet as we've seen, the left has a history of maladroit attempts to communicate, just as with:

"Civil rights weren't meant for you!"

"You didn't build that."

"Government is the one thing to which we all belong."

"Putting the legacy of the last eight years behind us."

"Black live matter."

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Offline I_B_Perky

I seem to recall some libs getting their panties in a wad and screaming scandal about a cross hair on a map on some GOP website a few years back.  Now we got a pic on a lib website with Trump beheaded,  hillary holding the head like jihadi john... and the DUmp is saying conservatives are hypocritical for outrage?

Is the website pictorially saying that Hillary is equated to ISIS?  Looks like it to me.  I guess that means hillary is an ISIS supporter or supports beheading political opponents.  And the dems support hillary. And the DUmp supports the dems.  So I could make an inference that the dems support beheading their political opponents.

Not a surprise actually.

I think that the dummies ought to buy and wear these shirts... assuming they really are for sale. I think all libs and dems should do it.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Well, I came closer to the plot than did Wonkette. Not that I think the people at Wonkette give a @#$% about saying anything accurate about the Bible. Judith is set, supposedly, in the 6th Century BC (Babylonian Empire times), and Judith's city was besieged. OTOH, unless Wikipedia omits it from their plot summary, Holofernes wasn't about to rape Judith.

Wonkette's campaign Tee is still so repellent that I hope lots of SHREWbots wear one daily.

Oh, I don't know.  I took it as Hildabeast done up in 6th Century garb was representative of her level of tech-savvy. 

Nobody from the 6th Century would understand how an email server works, and neither does the Hildabeast.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Isn't that considered threatening? I know Donald Trump is not President yet, but he has Secret Service protection.

Not a fan of Donald Trump.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Big Dog

Isn't that considered threatening? I know Donald Trump is not President yet, but he has Secret Service protection.

Not a fan of Donald Trump.

It's not directly threatening, because it shows Hillary as the actor, and it is protected free speech.

A similar cartoon could show Hillary at the gallows for espionage, with Donald Trump as the executioner, and it would also be protected free speech.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline RobJohnson

Hey, lurkers--look long and hard at the massive image that Gina posted.

This is what the modern-day Democrat party has become.

Do not go saying, "This is what the Right would do!"  Because we wouldn't.  We'd rather see HilLIARy go to a nice, safe Federal prison for a few years--the rest of her life, preferably--because of her email practices.

It is your side that is advocating violence.

And it is your side that wants to repeal the Second Amendment.

We want to be left the Hell alone.

The longer you spout on, doing shit like this, the more of your voters you turn away--to become our voters.  Keep it up and they stay in our camp forever.

Well said!

Offline SVPete

We'd rather see HilLIARy go to a nice, safe Federal prison for a few years--the rest of her life, preferably--because of her email practices.

And supplied with lots of comfortable orange cotton pantsuits.

Offline jukin

Hillary should be yelling "allah akbar!!!"
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.