Author Topic: Who else do the DUmmies blame for fundy religion? The Amish! (seriously)  (Read 3103 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027901838

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:31 PM
ForgoTheConsequence (4,021 posts)

Can fundamentalist religion and liberal democracies co-exist?

I don't know.

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:32 PM
ShrimpPoboy (282 posts)
1. Yes

As long as the fundamentals of that religion don't require violence or oppression.

So Islam is out.  Just say it, prog. 

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:37 PM
SusanCalvin (5,923 posts)
3. If the religion's book condones anti-democratic behavior, no. nt

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:39 PM
Star Member linuxman (1,552 posts)
5. Sure, right up until the former kills off all the later.

So no.

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:39 PM
Star Member Hekate (35,716 posts)
6. We always got along with Holy Rollers before Ralph Reed & Co. decided to exploit them...

....for political gain.

It's a big, big country. And being liberal means we can find room for just about everybody. "No religious test" goes both ways.

The caveat is that we don't let the narrower world-views take over the government and try to remake it in their personal god's image.

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:41 PM
ForgoTheConsequence (4,021 posts)
7. I'm not using liberal in the American political sense, but the philosophical sense.

If your fundamentalist interpretation of your religion requires you to convert others or murder them, they cannot co-exist.

You've waded through the pablum, now comes the punchline delivery:

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:46 PM
Star Member jwirr (39,175 posts)
10. Reading this thread I see that most of the posts are thinking

of fundamentalist religion as something like Islam. Whenever I see those words I think of our own homegrown rw religions. They have really screwed up our government since the 1980s when their followers started working against government and Democrats.

I don't think that it has to be limited to just religions that are foreign and jihadist. I think our own rwers do a very good job of destroying Democracy.

And here it is:

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:47 PM
Just reading posts (46 posts)
11. Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:47 PM
Just reading posts (46 posts)
11. Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

Amish????????????? :confused: :wtf2:  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Fourwinds

Ever notice how when it's Islam doing the murdering it always turns into just  "religion" with these people?

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Amish????????????? :confused: :wtf2:  :mental:

Yes. They're going according to a history of Amish drive-bys. Here is a recording from an actual event:

Clip Clop, Clip Clop, Clip Clop, BANG, Clip Clop, Clip Clop, Clip Clop
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Yes. They're going according to a history of Amish drive-bys. Here is a recording from an actual event:

Now, that is funny.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Ever notice how when it's Islam doing the murdering it always turns into just  "religion" with these people?

Yeppers! Did a lap around that barn with a guy on FB. He also asked whether there has been any mass shooting in the US not motivated by religion. ::) When I mentioned Sandyhook, the recent SC church shooting, and the recent Colorado Springs shooting (the one where the shooter holed up in the PP facility), he rephrased his question, hoping that religion was somehow involved in those shootings, but I pointed out that it wasn't, on either side (the SC church was a target of opportunity for a racist who wanted to shoot a bunch of blacks).

Some Libs and Progs need moral equivalency among religions. If they aren't then the "Why?" question raises it's - to them - ugly head. They don't want to delve into the difference between a religion whose foundational teachings authorize the slaughter and/or enslaving of non-believers and a religion whose nominal adherents have done that, but in violation of that religion's foundational teachings.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 02:43 PM
Star Member RKP5637 (40,323 posts)
27. Mixing people of different cultures and faiths together has the potential to be problematic. n/t

Wait a second. 

What about diversity?

Offline Mr Mannn

Wait a second. 

What about diversity?
like every things else to a liberal, diversity only exists as long as it is convenient.
Christians and Jews are not protected under diversity

Offline I_B_Perky

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 12:46 PM
Star Member jwirr (39,175 posts)
10. Reading this thread I see that most of the posts are thinking

of fundamentalist religion as something like Islam. Whenever I see those words I think of our own homegrown rw religions. They have really screwed up our government since the 1980s when their followers started working against government and Democrats.

I don't think that it has to be limited to just religions that are foreign and jihadist. I think our own rwers do a very good job of destroying Democracy.

Working against the dems I can agree with. That is the dems own fault there.  Working against the government, screwing up the government?  That is utter stupidity.  Even for a dummie.

As for the GOP destroying democracy?  Can you still vote dummie? Well can ya?  <crickets>  Then STFU you dumbass.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Sun Jun 12, 2016, 02:43 PM
Star Member RKP5637 (40,323 posts)
27. Mixing people of different cultures and faiths together has the potential to be problematic.

You don't say.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
You know, it kind of bothers me--no, not really--that Hypertensive Bob, the TheMastersNemesis primitive, doesn't seem to be around to offer his illumination on this.

In fact, it's been a while since Hypertensive Bob's been around, period, and one misses his Hate-God diatribes.

One wonders what's up with that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

You know, it kind of bothers me--no, not really--that Hypertensive Bob, the TheMastersNemesis primitive, doesn't seem to be around to offer his illumination on this.

In fact, it's been a while since Hypertensive Bob's been around, period, and one misses his Hate-God diatribes.

I too have been waiting for that Size 20EEEEEE shoe to drop! Did his obsessive hatred cause him to stroke out? Did he get banished from DU? Did he get a, "Cool it for a while!" PM from DU's PTBs?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I too have been waiting for that Size 20EEEEEE shoe to drop! Did his obsessive hatred cause him to stroke out? Did he get banished from DU? Did he get a, "Cool it for a while!" PM from DU's PTBs?

I think that you may be onto something here . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
I think that you may be onto something here . . . :whistling:

I'm kind of suspecting that; that his blood pressure shot up to 634/302 or something.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

Wait, hold on.

Is there more than just Kirk, the Las Vegas Leviathan, that has/had a shoe size as big as a toilet lid? 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Wait, hold on.

Is there more than just Kirk, the Las Vegas Leviathan, that has/had a shoe size as big as a toilet lid?

No, I think our good friend and colleague SVPete just made a simple error of identification.

It happens.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

No, I think our good friend and colleague SVPete just made a simple error of identification.

It happens.

Ok, gotcha.  No worries, as I've been guilty of it myself. 

I was just sort of hoping we'd found another one legged and flipper-footed primitive to replace Kirk's carcass. 

Offline freedumb2003b

Wait a second. 

What about diversity?

liberals support diversity as long as its thinking is homogeneous.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

It happens.

Actually the outlandish shoe size was a metaphor for the degree of TMN's hatred and loathing of Christians and using a common saying about things likely to, but haven't yet happened.

Is the Las Vegas Crock another hysterical Christian-basher?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Actually the outlandish shoe size was a metaphor for the degree of TMN's hatred and loathing of Christians and using a common saying about things likely to, but haven't yet happened.

Is the Las Vegas Crock another hysterical Christian-basher?

He was, but that wasn't the main thing about him.

The main thing about him--he's dead now--was that he was enormously fat.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
He was, but that wasn't the main thing about him.

The main thing about him--he's dead now--was that he was enormously fat.

DUmmies and leftists are consumed and extreme bitterness and anger. Go figure. :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.

:lmao:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator

Oh damn.

comment 51:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=96179.50
apres moi, le deluge