Author Topic: I made some people mad  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I made some people mad
« on: January 19, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »
I was invited over here from CU. I did not have a lot of post, but I felt that I contributed when I felt I needed to. My post in Gen Discussion was not flame worthy, I saw what I saw and commented on it. I obviously took it wrong. For that I apologize. I was a member at the other site for a long time and had under a humdred post. I do not like  to post unless I have something worthy to say. I guess this last time it was not worthy. I am not looking for praise or a pat on the back or anything. I like this site as it fits with my beliefs. So does the other site, at least a little bit. I have been a conservative for a long time. A member of the other site can vouch for that. I am sorry of I came off racist or anti anything in my post about ITT, that was not my intention. I enjoy this site as the other one, a same place to see rational post ( as mine apparently was not) in the face of DU and FR. The mods can check my IP. i live in Nashville, TN, actually in 37012 Antioch (yes I hear bullets at night) and if you want to talk ask me. After re-reading my post, I can understand why people thought I was mole, I have since seen the full the full comercial and understand its full meaning. But after living in Texas and then in TN, I see what the immigration problems are and do not like it,so that is why I posted what I posted. I am sorry if someone took it wrong, that I was a mole from DU or where ever. I just wanted to set the record straight. Also to say if there is ever a gettogether in Nashville let me know. Dallas, I try to get down there to see my nieve as much as I can, so that would be nice too.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: I made some people mad
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 07:12:36 PM »

you are welcome to post here, TnTexan.  we probably overreacted the other night.  quite frankly, I just didn't recall you from CU.

welcome aboard!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »
I was invited over here from CU. I did not have a lot of post, but I felt that I contributed when I felt I needed to. My post in Gen Discussion was not flame worthy, I saw what I saw and commented on it. I obviously took it wrong. For that I apologize. I was a member at the other site for a long time and had under a humdred post. I do not like  to post unless I have something worthy to say. I guess this last time it was not worthy. I am not looking for praise or a pat on the back or anything. I like this site as it fits with my beliefs. So does the other site, at least a little bit. I have been a conservative for a long time. A member of the other site can vouch for that. I am sorry of I came off racist or anti anything in my post about ITT, that was not my intention. I enjoy this site as the other one, a same place to see rational post ( as mine apparently was not) in the face of DU and FR. The mods can check my IP. i live in Nashville, TN, actually in 37012 Antioch (yes I hear bullets at night) and if you want to talk ask me. After re-reading my post, I can understand why people thought I was mole, I have since seen the full the full comercial and understand its full meaning. But after living in Texas and then in TN, I see what the immigration problems are and do not like it,so that is why I posted what I posted. I am sorry if someone took it wrong, that I was a mole from DU or where ever. I just wanted to set the record straight. Also to say if there is ever a gettogether in Nashville let me know. Dallas, I try to get down there to see my nieve as much as I can, so that would be nice too.
I mean this seriously: what was your originating country?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
I am from the USA. And also, I appreciate it F2004. I know now that I was wrong in the commercial and see what everyone said was correct in the way they said them. I was wrong in what I saw and for that I was wrong. I just like to lurk and very rarely post. I am Glad I am here and like this site.

Thank God for spell check.... but that is just me :thatsright:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:01:48 PM »
I remember you at CU, I hope you stay.

There is no such thing as an invalid opinion. Not to sound goony, but I think we can learn a lot from others. Sometimes it will alter our opinion, sometimes it won't. 

... and y'all can bite me if you think I endorsed either side as it relates to this particular subject.  :hammer:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:03:43 PM by Schadenfreude »
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »

There is no such thing as an invalid opinion. Not to sound goony, but I think we can learn a lot from others. Sometimes it will alter our opinion, sometimes it won't. 

... and y'all can bite me if you think I endorsed either side as it relates to this particular subject.  :hammer:

I just don't see "sides" to this.  there was an over reaction to his post the other night, and I have admitted it.

he is welcome to post, and I am glad that he is here.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 08:08:01 PM »
Hey, you're just down the street from me.

Yeah, this neighborhood sucks.   :(

Anyway, welcome to CC.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 08:09:59 PM »
I am from the USA. And also, I appreciate it F2004. I know now that I was wrong in the commercial and see what everyone said was correct in the way they said them. I was wrong in what I saw and for that I was wrong. I just like to lurk and very rarely post. I am Glad I am here and like this site.

Thank God for spell check.... but that is just me :thatsright:

Kinda run-on there.  But if your intentions are honorable, welcome.  We'll chalk up the other post to a misunderstanding.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
Thank you. I like knowing that everyone counts. I just do not post much, it is not my style. Ask Skrap, he has known me for 23 years. It is not me to get too involved in anything.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

I just don't see "sides" to this.  there was an over reaction to his post the other night, and I have admitted it.

he is welcome to post, and I am glad that he is here.

This reminds me of a meeting at work I had this week.  :lmao:

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »
Thank you. I like knowing that everyone counts. I just do not post much, it is not my style. Ask Skrap, he has known me for 23 years. It is not me to get too involved in anything.

I knew that you were skrap's friend. Tell him to join us here. I left him a PM and I don't know if he has been back to CU since that time.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 08:15:02 PM »
I am not trying to start anything, please stop posting on this. I just wanted to say what was on my mind. Yes Chis, Antioch sucks. I am tired of the gun shots at Hickory Hollow. I appreciate those that either know me or remember me. Those that don't, I will br here from off and  on and hopefully you will see what I am.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »
I am not trying to start anything, please stop posting on this. I just wanted to say what was on my mind. Yes Chis, Antioch sucks. I am tired of the gun shots at Hickory Hollow. I appreciate those that either know me or remember me. Those that don't, I will br here from off and  on and hopefully you will see what I am.

once you start a thread, you have little control over who posts to it.  I am actually glad you did post tonight, so I had a chance to explain in an open forum what happened the other night.

I invite you to post as much as you like.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »

I knew that you were skrap's friend. Tell him to join us here. I left him a PM and I don't know if he has been back to CU since that time.

it was, in fact, Schad that reminded me that you were a member of CU.  she knows everybody :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »

it was, in fact, Schad that reminded me that you were a member of CU.  she knows everybody :-)

People don't think that I am paying attention. I'm like that, donchaknow.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »

People don't think that I am paying attention. I'm like that, donchaknow.

I did appreciate the heads up that night, of course. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »
Thank you for those that remember me. I will continue to post it will kust be sporatic, like it as at cu. I am just not that posstable...

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
Thank you for those that remember me. I will continue to post it will kust be sporatic, like it as at cu. I am just not that posstable...

please continue to post.  and I will certainly remember you now. :-) :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
thanks. I will. I will try to be more understandable in what I post.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »
37012 Antioch

I used to live in L.A. (Lower Antioch)...many, many years ago.  I'm about 15-20 miles west-southwest of you now.   :cheersmate:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

TNTex, I remember you.  I remember you because you posted about being a Texas transplant in Tennessee.  Please hang here often.  You're a welcomed sight for sore eyes.

Now, Lets get back to the idea of biting Schade.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »

Would it be improper of me to respond at this point?  :innocent:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »

:old:  You mark the spot and I'll go get my dentures.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »

I think TN Texan will be mortified when he returns.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »

I think TN Texan will be mortified when he returns.  :-)
:picsneeded: