Author Topic: open letter to the supporters of Messalina Agrippina (live until 06-04)  (Read 10150 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Greetings.

I won’t make any bones about it; after the Democrat National Convention in July, we’ll have to be deadly foes.  But that’s still a couple of months away yet, and we both got a job that’s nearly finished, but not quite all finished, that of humiliating the Bernie bullies.

In case one’s forgotten, franksolich became an inveterate enemy of the Bernie bullies when they first began emerging on Skins’s island several months ago.  My own party was involved in some nasty internecine warfare ourselves, but I chose to stay out of that one.  Having been the next-to-the-last child in a large family, I learned early on that sometimes it’s just best to leave the bigger people to fight things out, while one merely stands by and watches to see what happens.

So I didn’t get involved in the Republican wars, but being bored, I decided I’d give a gander to the Democrat wars.  I decided I’d side with one side or the other, but at first had no idea whether I’d go with the supporters of Messalina Agrippina or the supporters of Methuselah; I was totally open-minded.

However, it didn’t take long for me to pick a side; from the start, the supporters of the challenger showed themselves so conceited, so obnoxious, so arrogant, so self-centered, so uncouth, so discourteous that I decided franksolich would throw in his lot with those who had better manners.

Now, supporters of Messalina Agrippina are primitives too, and one generally finds primitives unpleasant company, but in this case, these primitives are marginally more tolerable than the Bernie bullies.  I wouldn’t let a Bernie bully into this house, but I’d break bread with a supporter of the lady…..provided we’re each sitting at opposite ends of a dining room table 18’ long.

It really bothered me that Skins had picked the two he did, to lead the followers of Messalina Agrippina.  I’d hoped he’d select the four she-women—Jugs, the Bostonian beanie, the redqueen primitive, and the seabeyond bitch—because of their track record of persistent assertiveness; surely they could outmatch the Bernie bullies, any number of them.

But Skins went with Wills, the William769 primitive, and the fairy boy HRMJustin.  Wills is a nice guy, and I got nothing in particular with the pansy-boy Justin, but really, these were bad choices, given Wills’ class and good manners, and Justin’s spinelessness.  I watched, appalled, as they conceded more and more ground to the Bernie bullies, until the supporters of Messalina Agrippina were all but shoved off Skins’s island.

So I decided Wills and Justin needed some help, and gave it.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is to be considered an “open letter” to the supporters of the nominee presumptive on Skins’s island, kept “live” until the Virgin Islands Democrats hold their caucus June 4, which is a while away yet.  But it’ll give me more time to offer advice and counsel until then.

- - - - - - - - - -

This news from very early in the morning—Friday morning—I found rather discombobulating.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dnc-to-offer-sanders-a-convention-concession/ar-BBtfWPE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

DNC to offer Sanders a convention concession

In an attempt to head off an ugly conflict at its convention this summer, the Democratic National Committee plans to offer a concession to Sen. Bernie Sanders — seats on a key convention platform committee — but it may not be enough to stop Sanders from picking a fight over the party’s policy positions…..

Don’t do it, and no, it won’t be enough; you’re dealing with people who’ll settle for nothing less than the whole pie, and making a minor concession for them will egg them on into demanding more, more, more.  This is the gimme crowd, remember.

And besides, one doesn’t need to make concessions; Messalina Agrippina’s already pretty much assured the nomination.  She won, and the Bernie bullies need to swallow it, and move on.

And besides that, keep in mind that the Bernie bullies usually aren’t people who’ve ever invested a lot of time, energy, money, and hopes in the Democrat party.  In fact, despite that they expect to be given the reins to run the party, they have a long and sordid history of disparaging the Democrat party.

Keep the Democrat party in the hands of the people who care about the Democrat party.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
It is a battle between those that want to stone out and live for free and those that want absolute power,wealth and control over everyone.

The first idiots usually are the tools of the second group but this time they both determined to battle to the death over their evil dreams.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
It is a battle between those that want to stone out and live for free and those that want absolute power,wealth and control over everyone.

Now, that's a really apt comparison between the two groups, the Bernie bullies versus more civilized primitives.

I'm really looking forward to November; it'll be a Battle of the Titans, Don versus Messalina Agrippina.

It reminds me of the Texas-Arkansas football game of 1969, when an irresistible force collided with an immoveable object.  Surely the most competitive game in all the history of college football, and the most exciting.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

Why bernie needs to keep on fighting:
Divide and conquer. The longer the two sides fight, the deeper the resentment

Better chance of Ultra violence (love that movie) as it becomes ever more apparent that he will lose, his supporters will lash out in more extreme ways. They've invested more than time and resources in this. Bernie has become their identity and they'll fight to see it to fruition.

All the mud slinging is draining resources from both sides, while trump has to invest little for a good while. His name turns up in every article about hillary and bernie without any effort.

This could do some permanent long-term damage to the Democrat party. Hillary backers shouting down the unwashed masses will hopefully not be forgotten by those unwashed masses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It's a meaningless and valueless offer, and based on his experience in the Senate, I would expect Sanders would see that from the git-go.  'Seats on committees' means Jack if you are still in a minority on them and the oppositional viewpoint has a lock on a majority of the committee votes.  It's a Magic Beans offer with no beanstalk.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
It's a meaningless and valueless offer, and based on his experience in the Senate, I would expect Sanders would see that from the git-go.  'Seats on committees' means Jack if you are still in a minority on them and the oppositional viewpoint has a lock on a majority of the committee votes.  It's a Magic Beans offer with no beanstalk.

True, yes.

But remember the gimme crowd's propensity to think shiny brass is gold; they might think they've won something here, although as you pointed out, no matter what, they'd be outvoted.

The Bernie bullies don't deserve to even think they won something; in their case, it's just as important to deprive them of their delusions as it is to deprive them of reality.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
True, yes.

But remember the gimme crowd's propensity to think shiny brass is gold; they might think they've won something here, although as you pointed out, no matter what, they'd be outvoted.

The Bernie bullies don't deserve to even think they won something; in their case, it's just as important to deprive them of their delusions as it is to deprive them of reality.

Alas Frank you misjudge,all Shillary has to do is suggest there will be manna falling somewhere and they will be certain it is in their yards and as a reward for being true believers.

When all that falls is unicorn shit then once again it will be because the omnipotent (but not God) force of the universe out to get them.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

The more brutal and autocratic the crushing of the Bernouts is, the better for the GOP.  To that end I hope to see it take place in a (Figuratively) bloody, public, and merciless fashion at the DemonRat convention, not before, destroying as much as possible any pretensions or prospects of reconciliation.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

Spot on, as usual.  H5.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
The more brutal and autocratic the crushing of the Bernouts is, the better for the GOP.  To that end I hope to see it take place in a (Figuratively) bloody, public, and merciless fashion at the DemonRat convention, not before, destroying as much as possible any pretensions or prospects of reconciliation.

The best part of all of this is that we can do this:

:whistling: :popcorn: :hi5: :cheers1:

And probably some of this:

:lmao: :rotf: :lol: :rofl:

While the Bernouts do this:

:panic: :runaway: :catfight:

See? :-) :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512013825

Oh my.

GeorgiaPeanuts (2,194 posts)    Fri May 20, 2016, 11:09 AM

Clinton fury with Sanders grows

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/280622-clinton-fury-grows-with-sanders

Behind the scenes, however, they are seething that statements by the Vermont senator are just making matters worse by further alienating his supporters from Clinton, the front-runner for the party's presidential nomination.

The continued combat on the left is also complicating Clinton’s efforts to fully turn her attention to presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, who is reveling in the Democratic feuding.

“This is the worst-case scenario and the one people feared the most,” said one Clinton ally and former Clinton aide.

We welcome their hatred. Buckle up Clinton supporters this ain't over yet.

Now, what makes this thread fascinating is not the topic itself, or the hitherto mysterious Peanut George primitive who posted it, but something wholly different, illustrating the self-centeredness of the primitives, particularly the Bernie bullies.

There evolves in this very long thread--it's miles long--a "discussion" between Judy grasswire and the once-prominent bettyellen primitive, concerning Franklin Roosevelt.  Peanut George too gets involved, but unlike Judy grasswire, he's too young to know the significance of the bettyellen primitive, not having been around during the scam that rocked the internet eleven years ago.

But surely Judy grasswire, unless her memory's shot, should know; one has to remember that Judy grasswire "investigated" the scam thoroughly enough that she finally concluded franksolich had something dastardly to do with the demise of the red round one.

So the bettyellen primitive, who had a not-modest role in the scam, should be as familiar to Judy grasswire as Judy's favorite pair of shoes.

But self-absorbed Judy seems to not recognize her at all.  (One gets the impression the bettyellen primitive is aware, at least vaguely, who Judy grasswire is, though.)

Poor stupid Beth's scam was a long time ago, so if one needs the memory refreshed, the bettyellen primitive was one of various primitives from New Jersey and New York who housed and entertained the late red round one when in theory he was at Johns Hopkins hospital down in Baltimore for an operation.

I have no idea why the bettyellen primitive felt compelled to lie so much on behalf of the late red round one; she doesn't strike one as an especially deceitful person, but there it is, there you have it.

One remembers that crowd, which included the flamboyant flyarm, who went on a shopping spree to Paris abandoning her pal the red round one on his deathbed, the "psychic" Joan Alpern primitive (now the In_The_Wind primitive), who wasn't prophet enough to see that a $300 check written to her by the red round one would bounce, &c., &c., &c.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

Why bernie needs to keep on fighting:
Divide and conquer. The longer the two sides fight, the deeper the resentment

Better chance of Ultra violence (love that movie) as it becomes ever more apparent that he will lose, his supporters will lash out in more extreme ways. They've invested more than time and resources in this. Bernie has become their identity and they'll fight to see it to fruition.

All the mud slinging is draining resources from both sides, while trump has to invest little for a good while. His name turns up in every article about hillary and bernie without any effort.

This could do some permanent long-term damage to the Democrat party. Hillary backers shouting down the unwashed masses will hopefully not be forgotten by those unwashed masses.

^^^ this.   :clap:

I want to see it go to the convention. I want to see the berniebots become violent. I want it all on national TV so the rest of the country can see just what the bernie supporters, and by extension all dems, are about when they do not get their way. I want to see the MSM talking heads try to spin it... and I want to see Trump tweeting the whole thing.  Berniebots are just childish enough to vote for Trump, 3rd party or stay at home in November.

Maybe just maybe this will fracture the dem party between the communists and the ordinary folks that vote dem no matter what.  This would be a good thing in my opinion.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
^^^ this.   :clap:

What's great about that is that the onus must inevitably fall upon the shoulders of the childish immature greedy selfish self-centered Bernie bullies.

I don't see that the supporters of Messalina Agrippina are holding up party unity; in fact, I've rarely seen a group of people more eager for party unity than them.  They're the ones willing to go the extra mile, to give what it takes, for the sake of party unity.  They're even making concessions they don't need to make as they've already won, simply out of the goodness of their hearts and the nobility of their character.

But their hand of friendship and reconciliation, extended to the Bernie bullies, just gets bitten off.

If party unity doesn't happen, there's no shared blame in it; the blame all belongs on one side.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
The crazy bernie snots at least are honest about wanting everything for nothing no matter.
The Shillary thugs are all hoping just they get the spoils.

Offline I_B_Perky

What's great about that is that the onus must inevitably fall upon the shoulders of the childish immature greedy selfish self-centered Bernie bullies.

I don't see that the supporters of Messalina Agrippina are holding up party unity; in fact, I've rarely seen a group of people more eager for party unity than them.  They're the ones willing to go the extra mile, to give what it takes, for the sake of party unity.  They're even making concessions they don't need to make as they've already won, simply out of the goodness of their hearts and the nobility of their character.

But their hand of friendship and reconciliation, extended to the Bernie bullies, just gets bitten off.

If party unity doesn't happen, there's no shared blame in it; the blame all belongs on one side.

I do agree with you there Frank.  I am thinking that the closer it gets to the convention, or even the convention itself,  the hildabeast supporters will take that hand of friendship, ball it into a fist and knock the daylights out of the berniebots.  As you have pointed out  the berniebots are going to lose. I want to see the berniebots get their panties in a wad and make a big spectacle of themselves on national TV.  Up until now the MSM talking heads have all been talking about the GOP party fight. With this happening on national TV they will have no choice but to acknowledge that their own party is in disarray and chances are they will lose even more credibility in the eyes of the mainstream voters.

This year is turning out to be an entertaining election cycle.   :popcorn:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
I do agree with you there Frank.  I am thinking that the closer it gets to the convention, or even the convention itself,  the hildabeast supporters will take that hand of friendship, ball it into a fist and knock the daylights out of the berniebots.  As you have pointed out  the berniebots are going to lose. I want to see the berniebots get their panties in a wad and make a big spectacle of themselves on national TV.  Up until now the MSM talking heads have all been talking about the GOP party fight. With this happening on national TV they will have no choice but to acknowledge that their own party is in disarray and chances are they will lose even more credibility in the eyes of the mainstream voters.

This year is turning out to be an entertaining election cycle.   :popcorn:

I'll wait for the accusation that the people causing the problems aren't berniebots at all, but Trump supporters posing as berniebots to cause the trouble.

Just wait. That's coming.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
I'll wait for the accusation that the people causing the problems aren't berniebots at all, but Trump supporters posing as berniebots to cause the trouble.

Ah, but think of appearances.

Remember, it's easier for a decent and civilized person to act as a primitive, than it is for a primitive to act as a decent and civilized person.

And along the same lines, if Bernie bullies tried to dress like Trump supporters, they'd flop; people'd see right through it, that they're really Bernie bullies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator

By the way, keep in mind franksolich's First Rule of Everything: anything can happen, and usually does.

The Bernie bullies of course are wishing ill upon Messalina Agrippina, but if ill does befall her and she's not the Democrat candidate after all, that doesn't mean Methuselah's going to step into her shoes.  Far from it.

The old sourassed sourpuss and his minions have caused so many bad feelings that professional Democrats aren't going to dare take them aboard.....especially not into the driver's seat.  They'll find somebody else, somebody who's always been a Democrat, someone who's put a lot of time and money and energies and hopes into the Democrat party and its candidates.

The Bernie bullies would've been smart--but I guess that's demanding too much, the gimme crowd being smart and far-sighted--if from the beginning (and it was obvious from the beginning that something might happen to Messalina Agrippina) the Bernie bullies had been conciliatory and agreeable, so that if such were to come to pass, they'd get some of the spoils.

But no; selfish people tend to not think about things in the long range.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I don't want to give any impression franksolich is the least bit concerned about the fate of Messalina Agrippina; we all make our own destinies, and she made hers.

My interest in this is not so much any candidates; it's simply to help ensure that the Bernie bullies, the supporters of the old sourassed sourpuss, get thoroughly thrashed and humiliated, ground into the dirt, regardless of any candidates involved.

I really loathe and detest the sorts of people the Bernie bullies exemplify.

As one isn't "big" enough to take the Bernie bullies on all by oneself, it requires evolution of alliances, formal or informal, with whoever has similar goals in mind (and, one hopes, more resources to do the job).....in my case aligning myself foursquare with the supporters of Messalina Agrippina.

Our goals are slightly different--theirs being to get the Democrat nomination for Messalina Agrippina, mine being the utter crushment of the Bernie bullies--but the goals are close enough that we can work together.

<<<would hop around in the sack with Satan Himself, if that's what it took, to bring down the Bernie bullies.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I hope to be more active on this "live" thread this week, but I dunno.  For the next few days, the Sandhills of Nebraska will be under some rather, un, unstable and capricious and volatile and unpredictable and violent weather, which interferes with internet reception.  It's supposed to get really wild here, at least through Wednesday.

Plus there's that I've been having to drive to the big city four times a week for intensive physical therapy.  I mentioned this one time, and suspect readers thought "physical therapy" was a euphemism for some other sort of activity, but it's what its name means; real and actual physical therapy.  Not only is that a lot of driving time, but generally after every session, one's sort of "blah" and unmotivated about doing anything.

But I'll get over it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

I agree. Led by the MSM talking heads trying to spin. Trump would not take it lying down either.  Trump is a creation of the MSM along the lines that he played them like a violin.  They wanted to show the world the GOP was all racist, sexist and stuff so they gave him all the free air time.  Now it has come back to bite them in the ass. The elites in the media and both parties are shaking in their shoes. I can see that and I don't even like Trump.

Ah, but think of appearances.

Remember, it's easier for a decent and civilized person to act as a primitive, than it is for a primitive to act as a decent and civilized person.

And along the same lines, if Bernie bullies tried to dress like Trump supporters, they'd flop; people'd see right through it, that they're really Bernie bullies.

You have more faith in the dumb masses than I do. 

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Whoa.

I’ve been looking for an appropriate piece of music for Messalina Agrippina to use when she finally vanquishes the Bernie bullies, crushing them into the ground.

Campaign music used to be a big deal, but it seems to have evaporated from the national culture about the time of the second world war.  It’s too bad, as I think it’s a great idea.

Some weeks ago, I discovered the can-can music of the German composer Offenbach, and after “listening” to it, decided it was the perfect music to accompany Messalina Agrippina as she—in a can-can skirt and high heels, of course—high-stepped across the stage to give a victory speech.

I still think it’s a good piece of music for her, but wondered about other possibilities, and began exploring those.

This evening, I checked out various versions of Wagner’s “Ride of the Valkyries”—the theme surely seemed apt, Amazons and Vikingettes dancing across the stage for Messalina Agrippina —but as the music was jarringly alien and not at all pleasant to me, I discarded that idea.

Somewhere along the line, I began checking out Handel’s “Hail, the Conquering Hero Comes,” and about half an hour into the “research,” came across something that abruptly resurrected nearly-forgotten memories of the University of Nebraska circa the early 1980s.

It was awesome; I can’t say how awesome it is.

- - - - - - - - -

As many here know, yes, franksolich is deaf, lacking in any ability to “hear” to the same extent that cousin nadin lacks pulchritude; it just isn’t there.  In my case, it’s never been there; I was born that way, absent ears.

However, as I’ve always been able to give the appearance of being aware of what’s going on around me—appearances of course are deceptive; I do okay, but not as good as is oftentimes alleged—all my life I’ve involuntarily been a source of fascination to other people, about how I “do it.”

When I was in college, one of my roommates had an older brother studying audiology, and for about three years during the academic year, nearly every Friday evening I went with him to the audiology “laboratories,” engaged in just about the only activity that kept me from drinking and partying—I was a, uh, rather heavy drinker-and-partier when young.

He was convinced that despite the absence of ears and ear-drums, I could actually and truly hear the same way hearing people hear.  If that was so, “how” was the question, but it never got answered, and he’s no longer in this time and place to tell me what he ever found out.

Today of course, computer technology and the internet has enabled me to “hear,” after a fashion.  It’s not the easiest thing and demands full and utter concentration to the exclusion of doing anything else, and “hearing” and understanding voices and human language is all but impossible (it’s just easier to “read” body language).  But when it comes to basic elementary instrumental music, it’s possible.

- - - - - - - - - -

But this was more than thirty years ago, long before any such technology existed, which makes this all the more remarkable.

I don’t remember when it was, or at what point, he wondered if perhaps I could “hear” if I “saw” the music.  In a weird way, I suppose, something akin to “hearing” by Braille, although using the eyes rather than the fingertips and sense of touch.

He had skills and talents in engineering, having been raised reading Popular Mechanics almost from kindergarten and devised something that included a screen across which differently-colored bands moved, at various speeds and lengths.  These, he “synchronized” with the notes of music, and with various musical instruments.

Once I was illuminated as to which color and which band represented which note and instrument, we both discovered that despite the absence of sound, by merely watching the bands and colors progress across the screen, I could recognize the piece of music being played.

Given how long ago this was, and what was then available, I seriously doubt the system operated using the same principles as used in this youtube, but in appearance only, it seems the same.  Merely by watching the colors and bands move, I can understand what the music is.

I think it’s awesome.

https://youtu.be/-ou0lXyOZH0

I wish I knew what this guy did here—he explains it in the “show more” section, but its way above my pay-grade to understand—because I’d like to see it applied to more than just half a dozen or so pieces.

And I think it’d be a great piece of music for Messalina Agrippina to use, when celebrating her inevitable destruction of the Bernie bullies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512013825

There evolves in this very long thread--it's miles long--a "discussion" between Judy grasswire and the once-prominent bettyellen primitive who was significant during the scam that rocked the internet eleven years ago.

But surely Judy grasswire, unless her memory's shot, should know; one has to remember that Judy grasswire "investigated" the scam thoroughly enough that she finally concluded franksolich had something dastardly to do with the demise of the red round one.

So the bettyellen primitive, who had a not-modest role in the scam, should be as familiar to Judy grasswire as Judy's favorite pair of shoes.

But self-absorbed Judy seems to not recognize her at all.  (One gets the impression the bettyellen primitive is aware, at least vaguely, who Judy grasswire is, though.)

Poor stupid Beth's scam was a long time ago, so if one needs the memory refreshed, the bettyellen primitive was one of various primitives from New Jersey and New York who housed and entertained the late red round one when in theory he was at Johns Hopkins hospital down in Baltimore for an operation.

I have no idea why the bettyellen primitive felt compelled to lie so much on behalf of the late red round one; she doesn't strike one as an especially deceitful person, but there it is, there you have it.

comment 3214:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81827.3200

which also includes a shot of CaliforniaPeggy's WCGreen, the green commode primitive, back when he was healthy.....and alive.

Now, one has to admit the bettyellen primitive's a pretty nice-looking chick, and probably still is even though she's gotten older since these were posted (by her).

In fact, if one were puzzled about which side to favor in the current civil war--the Bernie bullies or the supporters of Messalina Agrippina--the quickest way to make a decision is by selecting the side that has the best-looking women.

Using that criteria, the supporters of the lady win hands down; the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive and Idiot Briggs got nothing on bettyellen and the boston beanie when it comes to looks.

But the bettyellen primitive remains a mystery to this day; why such a trim, professional-looking, aesthetic, well-mannered woman would bother lying about the whereabouts of the red round one.  She just doesn't look like the lying type.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:16:31 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
If you're looking for "mood music" for that day, Coach, try Chopin's Funeral March.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
If you're looking for "mood music" for that day, Coach, try Chopin's Funeral March.

That's on the list; I made up a list of music with titles and themes that seemed appropriate for celebrating the demise of the Bernie bullies, but I haven't "heard" that particular one yet; have no idea what it sounds like.

I had a long list of pieces by Richard Wagner--somehow, the titles alone kept on conjuring up "images" of Jugs in a Viking headdress and with breastplates the size of tractor tires, bellowing out an aria celebrating Messalina Agrippina--but the dude's music is just so weird, so strange, so unmusical, that I chucked the whole list.

Each piece of music evokes a "picture" in the imagination, and I'm trying to get the ones that inspire the best, the sharpest, pictures.

Messalina Agrippina doing the can-can dance high-kicking across the stage, for example, showing a little bit of garter and thigh flesh, for example, or with this latest piece by Handel, a whole horde of she-women marching over the bloodied and shattered bodies of Bernie bullies, Jugs in the lead, holding aloft by his hair the hacked-off head of Skippy, who started this whole needless war.

edited to add the word "needless"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:54:35 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
So.....I was in a medical office in the big city early this morning, sitting in the waiting room with two other people and waiting to be physical therapized.  The two others were twenty-something chicks, whom I took to be Bernie bullies, but apparently I was wrong.

I sat there and watched as they chitchatted away, while looking at Fox News on the television screen.  There were shots of Messalina Agrippina and the Don--but from different locations, not in the same place--trading barbs about the Second Amendment.

Much to my silent gratification, both chicks agreed the Don was cute, while she wasn't.

Now, of course I can't hear--and certainly not well enough to eavesdrop--and so have to rely upon reading body language.....whose interpretation might, or might not, be accurate.  I believe this to be an accurate rendering of the conversation, but take it with a grain of salt anyway.

One chick commented, "Well, there's him and there's her, but where's the other guy who's running?"

The other chick said, "There's a third guy running?"

Yeah, the first chick said, "but I can't remember his name.  He was on the old black-and-white Andy Griffith television shows about fifty years ago, the deputy sheriff--"

Oh, the second chick interrupted, "you mean Barney."

Yeah, the first chick said.  "Barney."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Well, well.

There's a whole lot of people who really need to knuckle down and read Dale Carnegie's classic, How to Win Friends and Influence People.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/23/bernie-sanders-risks-berning-bridges-in-senate.html

Democrat Senators Threaten to Punish Bernie Sanders

.....The blowup in Nevada has prompted many of Sanders’s Senate colleagues to urge him to get control of what he started—and direct it away from Democrats and toward Trump.

Bernie Sanders has proven he can fill a stadium with adoring fans, but Democrats say he risks being ostracized by members of his own party when he returns to the Senate unless he can reign in his supporters soon.

While Sanders’s young and energetic base is something the Democratic Party desperately wants to coopt in the general election, senior Democrats want Vermont’s junior senator to harness that anger and point it at Donald Trump. Anything less, they say, and Sanders risks coming back to the Senate alienated from his colleagues.

The violence that erupted at the Democratic convention in Nevada last weekend, with chairs being thrown, followed up by threats of violence and vulgar, sexist insults being hurled at Democratic leaders by ardent Sanders supporters, was a wake-up call for many in the Democratic Party.

California Sen. Barbara Boxer was at the mic for Hillary Clinton when the now infamous convention erupted. She’s a four term senator, who defeated former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina in her last reelection, so she’s not Pollyannaish. Still, she says when she talked to Sanders on Tuesday she told him to never let his supporters do that again.

“I told him that what happened to me was very alarming, disturbing and that he needed to really get control of the situation,” Sen. Boxer told The Daily Beast. “He said he was distressed about it and expressed chagrin about it.”

Later, when Sanders sent out a press release on the affair, he doubled down, accusing the Nevada Democratic Party of being in the pro-Hillary camp. Democrats in the Senate didn’t like the sound of that, because they think it’s time for the party to heal, not throw more blows.

“I don’t think it strengthens democracy or it reflects well on the Democratic Party for us to stoop to the level of Mr. Trump who has made this presidential campaign in his party all about needlessly, personal attacks,” said Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE).

When asked by The Daily Beast whether Sanders will be ostracized by his Democratic colleagues when he returns to the Senate if the primary ends bitterly, Coons matter of factly told The Daily Beast, “Yes.”

When asked if Sanders risked alienating his fellow senators if the vitriol continues to rise, he again responded, “Yes.”

Skippy and Manny, please pick up the courtesy phone.....
apres moi, le deluge