Author Topic: Al Gore Places Infant Son In Rocket To Escape Dying Planet  (Read 1192 times)

Offline thundley4

Al Gore Places Infant Son In Rocket To Escape Dying Planet
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:10:27 PM »
EARTH—Former vice president Al Gore—who for the past three decades has unsuccessfully attempted to warn humanity of the coming destruction of our planet, only to be mocked and derided by the very people he has tried to save—launched his infant son into space Monday in the faint hope that his only child would reach the safety of another world.

"I tried to warn them, but the Elders of this planet would not listen," said Gore, who in 2000 was nearly banished to a featureless realm of nonexistence for promoting his unpopular message. "They called me foolish and laughed at my predictions. Yet even now, the Midwest is flooded, the ice caps are melting, and the cities are rocked with tremors, just as I foretold. Fools! Why didn't they heed me before it was too late?"

Al Gore—or, as he is known in his own language, Gore-Al—placed his son, Kal-Al, gently in the one-passenger rocket ship, his brow furrowed by the great weight he carried in preserving the sole survivor of humanity's hubristic folly.

The picture is worth visiting theonion for.  :rotf:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/al_gore_places_infant_son_in

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Al Gore Places Infant Son In Rocket To Escape Dying Planet
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
It is pretty funny.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »
He's no Marlon Brando.  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:33:01 AM »
http://www.theonion.com/content/whitehousewar/barackobama

Barack Obama Issues:
Pro-hopes, also supports dreams

Favorite Way To Mollify Supporters:
Nodding solemnly while gripping podium

Political Experience:
(2005–) Junior Senator from Illinois. Working directly under Senior Senator Richard Durbin himself, duties included fact-checking and copyediting the 2006 highway appropriations amendment bill. Member, Illinois State Senate (1997-2004)

Odds Of Pop-Locking During Inauguration:
1 in 12

Personal Best For Getting Digits:
32 seconds

Difficulty Catching A Cab:
Moderate
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill