Author Topic: Skins taking back the farm from the animals  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Skins taking back the farm from the animals
« on: May 17, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »
From the ATA forum so no link.

Sun May 15, 2016, 12:30 AM

Star Member sheshe2 (30,396 posts)

Question.

KMOD, MaggieD, Bravenak, Geek Tragedy, Cosmicone, DanTex, Upaloopa, all still FFR! Some for a month or more. You know what they have in common, they are Hillary supporters. Why are you doing this?

You let the trolls run freely on this board and in our jury system. You allow hides to stand from trolls that are zapped minutes later. You allow them to stand on jury, yet you let that right be taken from us by said troll with our hide.

Hillary and DEMOCRATIC bashing is allowed! You have allowed this to become Bernie Underground where the loser reigns and the winner is silenced.

One more thing, you are allowing every RW link to stand here. You have turned your head, we got that. Message received loud and clear. I have no clue why you spentmthe money on Disscusionist, they are here.

Hey, Skinner, what are you going to do when Hill wins, the troll and Bsers leave and those of us as Hill supporters stay in the new homes we found? We do have new homes now, we support Democrats there.

Stupid scrunt needs to change her tampon.

Response to sheshe2 (Original post)

Mon May 16, 2016, 10:21 AM

Star Member Skinner (61,611 posts)

1. You know what else they have in common?

I stuck my neck out and gave a blanket amnesty to all the people who were suspended on five hides, and when those people on your list got their second chance they all chose to double-down on their bad behavior.

And they aren't the only ones. We've got a bunch of Bernie supporters sitting on Flagged For Review status also. Of course they aren't on your list because they don't fit your narrative.

Yes, I get that the system is stacked against Hillary supporters. But that doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of toxic people on both sides of the Hillary/Bernie split.

Allow me to be perfectly clear: The current system of moderating here on DU is done. It completely failed, and I take full responsibility for that. Yes, we are still using it, but we have already signed its death warrant. We have a completely new system and we are going to insist on some standards.

The only reason we haven't unveiled the new system yet is because the primaries are the worst possible time to make a change like that -- the people who don't like the new system (and there will be plenty of them) would frame their opposition as a partisan act in support of their favored candidate, and all the rabid partisans on their side would believe it. People on both sides are so polarized and so primed to believe any story that puffs up their candidate and tears down the other that it would be impossible to make any serious change and make it stick.

Once the primaries are over, we are all on the same side again. Anyone who isn't on the same side was never supposed to be here in the first place. And anyone who persists in disrupting this site -- no matter what side they're on -- will no longer be welcome.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Skins taking back the farm from the animals
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:58:22 AM »
Sun May 15, 2016, 12:30 AM

Star Member sheshe2 (30,396 posts)

Question.

KMOD, MaggieD, Bravenak, Geek Tragedy, Cosmicone, DanTex, Upaloopa, all still FFR! Some for a month or more. You know what they have in common, they are Hillary supporters. Why are you doing this?

You let the trolls run freely on this board and in our jury system. You allow hides to stand from trolls that are zapped minutes later. You allow them to stand on jury, yet you let that right be taken from us by said troll with our hide.
The DUmmie is too stupid to figure out that $kinner is letting the purge list write itself.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 10:52:47 AM »
Obviously democracy doesn't work on DU.  The peons will now have totalitarian rule.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »
Skinner's response, in one sentence:

Skinner

Shut up and keep paying, Berniebots.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »
Obviously democracy doesn't work on DU.  The peons will now have totalitarian rule.

+ infinity!!

And it's been that way for a while, though the primitives don't understand it to be the case.

As soon as Skin's decreed from the beginning that DU was to be a site for people with center-to-left politics who supported the Democrat party, he automatically announced to the world that if you're a kook you could post there unmolested from those who could ask uncomfortable questions and present real facts. That spelled trouble from the first day.

The site has only ever permitted disagreement within a very narrow perimeter. Looks like it's going to be even more narrow.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
It is clear that the DNC and Shillary are determined to silence all in opposition to her.
What is funny is that the DUmp monkeys who claim we want an oligarchy are lining up to support exactly that.

Offline FaC

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 01:05:56 PM »
Allow me to be perfectly clear: The current system of moderating here on DU is done. It completely failed, and I take full responsibility for that. Yes, we are still using it, but we have already signed its death warrant. We have a completely new system and we are going to insist on some standards.

Given that the land of misfit idiots cannot manage to govern themselves on a stupid internet message board what gives them the idea that they could successfully govern anything bigger...

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 01:49:48 PM »
How many years has it taken Skinner to realize what most of us knew from the get go? The jury system was completely unworkable and once a majority with a single view formed around something they would bully the rest mercilessly. Never, ever let the inmates run the asylum.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline nomad54

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 03:16:39 PM »
Serious question from a noob, what does FFR stand for?

Does anyone else think these dimbulbs use way too many abbreviations?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »
Serious question from a noob, what does FFR stand for?

Does anyone else think these dimbulbs use way too many abbreviations?

Flagged For Review.
Shillary thugs that couldn`t follow the rules after skins gave them a second chance.

Offline nomad54

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 03:38:28 PM »
Flagged For Review.
Shillary thugs that couldn`t follow the rules after skins gave them a second chance.

Thanks.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:50 PM »
Wait until hillary finally wins.  The bernies are gonna get purged whether or not they are civil.

Hey bernie dummies?  Feel the hillary burn. Feel it long and hard.  Your days are numbered.  Democracy, DU style, in action.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
Skinner's response, in one sentence:

Skinner's response in one picture...
Quote from: Star Member Skinner (61,611 posts)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

The great DU experiment has answered the question on superdelagates. Liberals are too stupid for unfettered democracy, and need authoritative figures to tamp down the lunacy that would otherwise prevail. 

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:23 PM »
Flagged For Review.
Huh... always understood that as factory five racing. It would be way beyond the scope of a primitive to build their own car. Sitting around waiting for someone else to do it just doesn't work that way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »
Skimmer is a partisan only until it impacts his wallet.

The main purpose of "the DU" is to maximize Skimmer's annual net DUmmybucks.

The overwhelming majority of active DUmpmonkeys are Berniebots, so the majority of 2017 Valentine hearts will be purchased with Berniebot DUmmybucks.

It's foolish to think Skimmer will drop the banhammer in any significant way on the Berniebots.

A symbolic handful of loudmouths maybe, but no more.

DUmmybucks will trump ideology every time.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 09:43:08 PM »

Funny, that ...... isn't it?

:-)  (D)Ummies, you prove us correct with almost every breath you steal from the productive. 

How many years has it taken Skinner to realize what most of us knew from the get go? The jury system was completely unworkable and once a majority with a single view formed around something they would bully the rest mercilessly.

What!?!?!?!  The (D)Ummies!?!?!?!? 

Open minded ....... ?

Educated  :thatsright: ......... ?

Altruistic ........... ?

Critical  ::)  thinkers ........ ?

Never.  :-) :hi5:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:49:12 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:40 PM »
Given that the land of misfit idiots cannot manage to govern themselves on a stupid internet message board what gives them the idea that they could successfully govern anything bigger...

How about that, lurking I(D)iots?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 10:13:56 PM »
The great DU experiment has answered the question on superdelagates. Liberals are too stupid for unfettered democracy, and need authoritative figures to tamp down the lunacy that would otherwise prevail.

Excellent point.  H5.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 09:25:59 AM »
Response to Skinner (Reply #1)

Wed May 18, 2016, 12:15 AM

Star Member sheshe2 (30,434 posts)

2. Can we agree to disagree on a few things?

You admit the jury is stacked. You admit it is dysfunctional. My friends are being alert stalked. I think you know that too. They are alert stalked, swarmed and hidden by BS jury. No. They did not double down. Sorry, that is a fact and hell yes we are sorely outnumbered. You can say Gesundheit when someone sneezes here and you get a hide, it is that easy.

I did not mention the Bros, cause I don't know them. It wasn't that they didn't fit my scenario.

Ya, you stuck your neck out with amnesty, kudos, yet you did it because you saw the hides and you saw the stalking, you saw the juries. You saw it all. It wasn't just sticking your neck out. It was justice. You righted a wrong.

Please make a decision. Ban those on FFR or let them go. It is not fair for them to be in limbo. Make a decision. Some of them are contributing finacial members to this site. They deserve an answer. Please.

I will thank you in advance for the jury changes. Much needed and appreciated.

Me, I am on the side for Democrats, AA, LGBT, Women, POC, Native Americans. I am a Democrat.

Thanks Skinner for your resp

onse. 

Have some sack Mr Moskwa andf ban this ungrateful thug.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »
sheshe2

Drama Llama is her mama.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
I'm really excited to see how Skins and Co. address the failure of their little experiment in pure democracy. I'm expecting the equivalent of straight jackets and rubber rooms for everyone.  I don't think many DUmmies will survive November, no matter what happens.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »

That clearly applies to both sides.