Author Topic: hypertensive Bob all indignant about some imaginary phenomenon again  (Read 1202 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027779122

Oh my.

I'm sure this guy invents things to wrought up himself.

TheMastersNemesis (5,547 posts)    Mon Apr 25, 2016, 10:14 AM

Fundamentalists Believe Science Must Be Taught Based On Biblical Beliefs.

Fundamentalists believe that evolution must be taught based on religious beliefs. Otherwise it needs to be banned because otherwise it indoctrinates students into being atheist. That is why they are so hell bent to force creationism on the public school system.

As a matter of fact the fundamentalists believe in the "Poof Theory" of creation. They believe that God wills it and "poof" the world occurred. Species were instantly created and never changed from what they originally were. 

Bad Dog (1,240 posts)    Mon Apr 25, 2016, 10:19 AM

1. Which is why their beliefs have no place in science.

Scientist don't insist on science being part of RE.

Hortensis (6,331 posts)    Mon Apr 25, 2016, 10:30 AM

2. Only until they can ban science altogether.

Fundamentalists believe the Bible is the literal word of God and thus provides all answers. Anything that conflicts is not just wrong but dreadfully wrong -- the work of Satan.

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell." 

Ex-Rep Paul Broun, of course, previously of the House science committee, who is actually trying to steal my congressman's seat in 2016. I'm so proud. Our choice is this proud servant of God and the current plutocratic Plague of Locusts or our current proud servant of God and the Plague of Locusts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: hypertensive Bob all indignant about some imaginary phenomenon again
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »
DetlefK (7,257 posts)
3. Let's bring back biblical dentistry. And biblical hemorrhoid-surgery. And biblical democracy.

Biblical dentistry: When pulling a tooth was the only treatment for dental problems.

Biblical hemorrhoid-surgery: Let's stick a red-hot rod of metal up your anus to burn out the hemorrhoids.

Biblical democracy: "GET BACK TO WORK, YOU FILTHY SLAVE, OR I'LL RAPE YOUR GIRL-FRIEND AGAIN!"
:wtf2:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:52:11 AM »
Ol' Bob's stump must be painin' him again. Makes him cranky.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:13:23 AM »
Quote from:
TheMastersNemesis

As a matter of fact the fundamentalists believe in the "Poof Theory" of creation. They believe that God wills it and "poof" the world occurred.

Speaking of "poof," just look at the Big Bang. Scientists will go back as far as the idea of "singularity" where the laws of physics don't apply.  There was all this density where all the matter of the universe was on top of each other, then POOF! So even they have to suspend the laws of science in order to have their version of a beginning. And they can't explain what happened prior to singularity or where the matter came from.

Bob should be demanding that scientist prove where matter came from prior to singularity. But that would mess up what he wants to believe, so he can't do that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »
Speaking of "poof," just look at the Big Bang. Scientists will go back as far as the idea of "singularity" where the laws of physics don't apply.  There was all this density where all the matter of the universe was on top of each other, then POOF! So even they have to suspend the laws of science in order to have their version of a beginning. And they can't explain what happened prior to singularity or where the matter came from.

Bob should be demanding that scientist prove where matter came from prior to singularity. But that would mess up what he wants to believe, so he can't do that.

I was watching a show a week ago where they were discussing the universe after the big bang.
For it all to work to get to where we are they have to theorize about a thing called inflation plus dark matter to hold it all together.
I was bemused as they simply were creating their own names for what simply can be called the hand of God and just accept it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »
DetlefK (7,257 posts)
3. Let's bring back biblical dentistry. And biblical hemorrhoid-surgery. And biblical democracy.

Biblical dentistry: When pulling a tooth was the only treatment for dental problems.

Biblical hemorrhoid-surgery: Let's stick a red-hot rod of metal up your anus to burn out the hemorrhoids.

Biblical democracy: "GET BACK TO WORK, YOU FILTHY SLAVE, OR I'LL RAPE YOUR GIRL-FRIEND AGAIN!"

I'd love to see this fool challenged to cite chapter-and-verse for these claims. The dude(tte) probably couldn't find the Bibles in a B & N or an online concordance.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »
Democrats are the party of anti-science but fully back cults. 

The proof is against temperatures rising yet they insist that they are and that 97% of scientists agree.

Medicine has proven that infants as young as 20 weeks can feel pain in the womb, but liberals deny that they are even human persons.

Science and medical research has shown no real value in medical marijuana, but liberals swear it's real.  On the contrary, science has shown that pot makes you stupid, and DUmmies are living proof of it, but they still deny it.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 04:00:40 PM »
DetlefK (7,257 posts)
3. Let's bring back biblical dentistry. And biblical hemorrhoid-surgery.

We did, ****head, it's called obamacare.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 08:50:27 PM »
Ol' Bob's stump must be painin' him again. Makes him cranky.

Is he unable to foot the bill for some pain reliever?

:-)

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »

CMD

:lmao:

He developed restless leg syndrome. His remaining leg is trying to desert, too.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 11:33:52 PM »
Odd, we are not the party that can't fathom that XX goes to the men's restroom and XY goes to the female restroom. Science is what they want to make it this week.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 07:22:44 AM »
As a Physics teacher said long ago: 1.) Science is observable; 2.) Science is repeatable; 3.) Science is testable.

Creation is none of the above. And Evolution is none of the above. Both are historical theories.

If it isn't obvious, I believe in Creation, but unlike the Fundies of TMN's fevered fantasies (and there are probably some somewhere who believe what TMN attributes to them, less TMN's tendentious word-crafting), I believe both ideas should be taught at the concept level (i.e. neither a detailed exegesis of Genesis, nor the current detailed ancestral tree of man that will be junked 10-30 years hence - textbooks I saw in school still included the fraudulent Piltdown man as a human ancestor).

If a "scientist" walked up to TMN and told him that his quite complex computer was undesigned, had evolved over the course of billions of yearss of years of random accidents from sand and other elements at a beach and in the sea, he'd, rightly, laugh at the "scientist". But when "scientists" tell him humans - whose each and every cell is vastly more complex than TMN's computer - evolved through billions of years of random accidents from non-living elements and compounds, TMN laps it up.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 01:27:25 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall reading the red-hot-poker-up-the-ass thing in the Bible.  Then again, the DUmmies are always fantasizing about sticking things there. 

DUmmies, have you read the sham science in the Koran?  Every muslim absolutely believes all of it.  Are you going to make fun of them?  You can do it at FaithFreedom.org, but you take your life in your hands. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »

DUmmies, have you read the sham science in the Koran?
Why wouldn't they believe the sham science in the Koran?

They believe the sham science of global warming, acupuncture, homeopathy, anti-vax, chemtrails, and chiropractic.

The horseshit of the Koran doesn't require a great leap of faith for them.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »
Why wouldn't they believe the sham science in the Koran?

They believe the sham science of global warming, acupuncture, homeopathy, anti-vax, chemtrails, and chiropractic.

The horseshit of the Koran doesn't require a great leap of faith for them.

Or Margaret Sangers view of black people.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall reading the red-hot-poker-up-the-ass thing in the Bible.  Then again, the DUmmies are always fantasizing about sticking things there. 

Karin, it's in one of the "secret books", right next to the part about the government being more moral than the individual.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
I was watching a show a week ago where they were discussing the universe after the big bang.
For it all to work to get to where we are they have to theorize about a thing called inflation plus dark matter to hold it all together.
I was bemused as they simply were creating their own names for what simply can be called the hand of God and just accept it.

^^^^^!!!  Exactly.  They do it all the time.  The deeper they "try" to delve into it, they end up pretty far down the road of proving God's existence.  It's hilarious. 

Hortensis (6,331 posts)    Mon Apr 25, 2016, 10:30 AM

2. Only until they can ban science altogether.

:lol:  Who?  Who wants to ban things?

Not us, retard.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 06:40:20 PM »

I bet if he has dogs, they're ankle biters.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:45 PM »
Ah, the Masticating Nutsack is back to his usual anti- Christian bigotry and paranoia.
Nothing he says has any basis in reality of course, it's all just straw- men.
"Fundamentalists believe that evolution must be taught based on religious beliefs. Otherwise it needs to be banned because otherwise it indoctrinates students into being atheist. That is why they are so hell bent to force creationism on the public school system."
Let's reverse this:
Rabid secularists/ Atheists believe that anything taught or seen in school must be brought exclusively from a rabid Atheist viewpoint. Otherwise it needs to be banned because it might lead to some students believing that there might be more to life than what's readily apparent and maybe even becoming curious about faith and the existence of God. That's why they are so hell bent to force fanatical secularism on the public school system.

"Scientist don't insist on science being part of RE."
No, but rabid atheists insist that all forms of religious faith, especially Christianity, be forced out of anything public.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 11:16:24 PM »
I bet if he has dogs, they're ankle biters.

CMD

They have to stand in line to do it!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 06:48:03 AM »
I have to admit that TMN is healthy for DU. He shows their anti-Christian bigots how their paranoid lunacy and bitter hatefulness will consume them. I doubt they will recognize, let alone admit, this though.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »

CMD

OK both of those made me LOL!!!   H5 to both!!!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 10:20:06 AM »
Odd, we are not the party that can't fathom that XX goes to the men's restroom and XY goes to the female restroom. Science is what they want to make it this week.

Flip those around: XX goes to women's, XY goes to men's