Author Topic: Bernie bullies harassing California superdelegate  (Read 413 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Bernie bullies harassing California superdelegate
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:46:37 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12511803803

Oh my.

They don't stop at anything, do they?

They don't care how low they stoop, do they?

fun n serious (2,237 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 04:44 PM

California Superdelegate Writes Open Letter to Bernie Sanders: 'Stop the Harassing Phone Calls'

As Bernie Sanders supporters cry foul over the role of superdelegates in the nomination process, one addresses the senator directly.

Editor’s Note: A debate in the democratic primary over the role of superdelegates boiled over this month when a Sen. Bernie Sanders supporter launched a website initially called "Superdelegate Hit List.” The site listed the personal information of superdelegates so Sanders supporters could pressure them to switch their support from Hillary Clinton to Sanders.

Many of Sanders’ supporters believe that unbound delegates, better known as ‘superdelegates’ and comprised of elected and party officials, should have to vote at the Democratic convention for the candidate chosen by the popular vote in their state. When the “Superdelegate Hit List” launched, its creator Spencer Thayer took to Twitter calling on like-minded voters to "harass" the superdelegates. Subsequently, many superdelegates complained of threatening or profanity-laced phone calls from some Sanders supporters.

In response, superdelegate Bob Mulholland, a Democratic National Convention Member elected by the California Democratic Party's Executive Board, wrote an open letter to Sen. Sanders published here.

Dear Senator Bernie Sanders,

I have heard many complaints from other unbound Delegates to our National Convention in Philadelphia (my hometown), about getting harassing emails, Facebook postings and phone calls, even to one woman at 10:30 at night, from some of your supporters demanding that we support you. We would expect this type of bullying tactics from Trump [sic] supporters. Roger Stone threatened on April 5th- he will send angry Trump supporters to the hotel rooms (Cleveland) of any delegates who betrays Donald. Do you have a similar Plan?

I have seen you on TV stating (demanding to many of your supporters) that Superdelegates should vote for the candidate that won their state. Really? Where is that in the National Delegate Plan that former Vermont Governor Howard Dean must vote for you? Congressman Raul Grijalva, a supporter of yours, who represents the 3rd district in Arizona, a state that voted 58% for Clinton and Grijalva's own district voted 61.7% for Clinton has not switched. Where is your letter to Congressman Grijalva, instructing him to shift his support to Clinton? Look in the mirror- you'll see a political hypocrite! From what I hear, Congressman Grijalva, when asked if he is shifting his support to Clinton, his response- drop dead. That is his right- he is a Congressman, thus a delegate.

http://patch.com/california/losalamitos/california-superdelegate-writes-open-letter-bernie-sanders-stop-harassing-phone-calls 

The response of a typical and usual and average Bernie bully:

John Poet (1,805 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 08:56 PM

19. This particular asshole SHOULD BE harassed!

'Harassment' of super-delegates may not be effective in getting them to change their minds, so I don't advocate for that PRIOR to the convention.

HOWEVER, I am ALL FOR harassing the **** out of them, AFTER the convention, if they have voted to shove the neoconservative warmonger down the throats of the party.

There should be a price to pay for that, so if they get some nasty phone calls afterwards--BOO ****ING HOO!!! 

IamMab (738 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 04:49 PM

3. I think super-delegates should just go on the record saying that the harassment campaign cost him

any and all chances of them switching their vote to him. 

The sanctimonious holier-than-thou cousin:

nadinbrzezinski (149,670 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 04:52 PM

5. This guy has a LLLOOOONNNNNGGGG history of dirty tricks

including intercepting green party registration cards, (which should be treated as a felony) So excuse me if I have to check the color of the sky if he says it is blue. He has a reputation for dirty tricks. 
intheflow (25,166 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 06:44 PM

10. Yes, how refreshing to hear an elected official want to shut down free speech.

And pressure a political figure to ask their supporters to suppress their supporters' constitutional right to redress.

I begin to weep for the future of the Democratic party.

fun n serious (2,237 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 06:48 PM

11. Free speech stops at harassment and threats.
sadoldgirl (3,024 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 07:07 PM

14. I am not quite sure what Bernie has to do with this.

If voting Dems tell their representatives that s/he will lose their votes, that is their right.

This guy, as I understand it, is not even elected by voters, so I don't understand why anyone would bother him.

fun n serious (2,237 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 07:12 PM

16. Bernie has openly suggested to his fans to do it
Beacool (28,207 posts)    Thu Apr 21, 2016, 09:19 PM

21. Harassing super delegates is counterproductive.

It's not going to work and haranguing them only will serve to make them more entrenched in their desire to not switch to Sanders. Besides, who in their right mind really thinks that super delegates are going to switch from Hillary to the candidate with less pledged delegates an less actual votes????
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Bernie bullies harassing California superdelegate
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »
All delegates should be unbound, chosen by the party.

It would make it much more difficult for an ignorant demagogue to hijack the nominating process.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
They should know their betters.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 09:39:57 PM »
Prog-on-Prog is goodness and should be inci ... errrr ... encouraged!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:52:45 PM »
Let'em whine all they want.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du