Author Topic: it popped out of the big guy  (Read 1283 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
it popped out of the big guy
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:03:27 AM »
http://jackpineradicals.org/showthread.php?9396-More-dental-troubles

Oh my.

There's so many Sad Sacks and sore losers over at my good pal Manny's message board that it's kind of difficult to find something warm and humorous, but one does one's best.

The Wizard of OS
Yesterday, 07:31 PM #1

More dental troubles.

While eating the material that is supposed to to hold my new implant tooth in place when I get it popped out. I go in to have my mouth looked at again tomorrow.

DookDook
Yesterday, 07:54 PM #2

My wife works in the field and she always tells me, "If something comes out, it was meant to come out." And it's always better if something like that pops out and you can put it in a baggie and bring it back to the dentist instead of having it happen over night and then you swallow it. Then you get to have the experience of waiting for it to show up again.

<<<even if were a medical professional wearing rubber gloves and a space-suit, wouldn't want to touch anything that's come out of the big guy's mouth.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: it popped out of the big guy
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:12:54 AM »
The Wizard of OS
Yesterday, 07:31 PM #1

More dental troubles.

While eating the material that is supposed to to hold my new implant tooth in place when I get it popped out. I go in to have my mouth looked at again tomorrow.
The 1st part of this sentence makes it seem like he was eating the material...which, for the big guy, could be possible.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:56:19 AM »
The 1st part of this sentence makes it seem like he was eating the material...which, for the big guy, could be possible.

His wording is definitely weird.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:29 AM »
His wording is definitely weird.

I interpreted it thusly.....but I could be wrong:

While eating, the material that is supposed to to hold my new implant tooth in place when I get it, popped out.

The big guy should've used a couple of commas there--that is, unless he really ate the material that's supposed to hold his new implant tooth in place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
Well, poor dear long-suffering Marta isn't going to like this.

I hope she keeps the rolling pin handy.

http://jackpineradicals.org/showthread.php?9289-Here-s-a-TV-observation-I-missed-completely

The Wizard of OS
04-19-2016, 06:02 PM #1

Here's a TV observation I missed completely.

The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet is because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Festus, Bubba, Scooter, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara, and of course, Opie -- all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
That's normally a funny joke, but coming from OS, it's just kind of sad.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:02 AM »
Why is a person that is dying spend 2500 or so on a tooth implant?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:24:24 AM »
Why is a person that is dying spend 2500 or so on a tooth implant?

I am beginning to suspect this DUmmie is lying about the dying.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 11:32:04 AM »
I interpreted it thusly.....but I could be wrong:

The big guy should've used a couple of commas there--that is, unless he really ate the material that's supposed to hold his new implant tooth in place.

So, instead of, "Let's eat Grandma", it should be, "Let's eat, Grandma"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 11:45:24 AM »
I am beginning to suspect this DUmmie is lying about the dying.

Well no, he's not really lying, just exaggerating.

Being human, the big guy knows he's mortal; like all the rest of us, he's going to die some day.

But then he took that and extrapolated it into a sob-story, as if he's the only person to whom it's ever going to happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 01:18:59 PM »
I saw the title of this thread and was afraid to click on it.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »
I saw the title of this thread and was afraid to click on it.

You were thinking about that pimple-popping video that Mr. Mann posted in the Shortbus? :whistling: :runaway: :puke:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:39 PM »
You were thinking about that pimple-popping video that Mr. Mann posted in the Shortbus? :whistling: :runaway: :puke:

Well given how poorly DU denizens keep themselves I was ready for anything.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 05:21:16 PM »
So, instead of, "Let's eat Grandma", it should be, "Let's eat, Grandma"?

No, no, no. "Let's eat Grandma", is perfectly acceptable in some parts of the world.  :-)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:26 PM »

No, no, no. "Let's eat Grandma", is perfectly acceptable in some parts of the world.  :-)

Ethiopia?   :whistling:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 06:43:55 PM »
I rather think that we are looking at the material used in grafting an implant.   I assume the PCintern, or whoever it was, could fill in the details, but in brief, sometimes it is necessary to fill the socket void with a 'powdered bone' to bond the implant.  This material is put into the void, stitched over and allowed to fuse with the base of the implant (which can be titanium or ceramic) before placing the actual stud upon which the final appliance (tooth) is cemented (bonded).   It can take several office visits to do this correctly hence the cost.  You really don't just drill and tap the empty socket.   

Implant technology has come a long way and there are lots of skilled folk out there.  There are also a lot of not so skilled folk who can do some real long term nerve damage if they don't know what they are doing.  If you think having a tooth pulled is painful, having a bad implant removed is orders of magnitude worse.   

Disclaimer:
I am not a dentist, dental hygienist, dental receptionist, nor  in any other way skilled in this procedure, or I play one on TV.    :fuelfire:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »

Disclaimer:
I am not a dentist, dental hygienist, dental receptionist, nor  in any other way skilled in this procedure, or I play one on TV.    :fuelfire:

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn?   :tongue:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
But did you stay at a Holiday Inn?   :tongue:

Those are filthy rumors and lies.  Grainy video tape of person or persons entering or exiting could be anyone.   :rotf: 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
When I had it done the whole process took months to complete.

They used the powdered cadaver bone graft to help strengthen the bone, and it takes months to set up.

Then they put in the threaded implant, and allow months for it to integrate with the bone.

Then they put the tooth on the implant.

After many months and a price like buying a new car, it's finished.

My insurance would not cover it, but the Big Guy (who is dying but much more slowly than expected) is on a public pension, so it probably covers everything.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 09:42:19 PM »
When I had it done the whole process took months to complete.

Months?  Months?

But the big guy's terminal; surely he doesn't have months.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 04:37:50 AM »
Months?  Months?

But the big guy's terminal; surely he doesn't have months.

It would appear that he has decades. :argh: :censored: :mad:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 10:09:59 PM »

With OS it could have been more like the scene in Alien where that thing busted out of that guys chest.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 07:23:33 AM »
instead of having it happen over night and then you swallow it. Then you get to have the experience of waiting for it to show up again.

Oh come on.  Why do the DUmmies always have to be so gross?  Are you really going to sift through everything in search of a tiny thing, which is essentially a screw?  Would any dentist want to reuse it?