Author Topic: Tobin's new job is going well  (Read 913 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Tobin's new job is going well
« on: April 20, 2016, 07:36:47 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018859585

Oh my.

Tobin S. (8,547 posts)    Wed Apr 20, 2016, 07:49 PM

The new job is going well.

I trained on moving trailers and driving a forklift. I also had to go out on the road for a test drive in a tractor trailer. I'm not going to be doing that kind of work, but I'm technically a driver for them so I have to be D.O.T. certified. I had not driven a tractor-trailer for five years. I was stoked after I passed the test. I was really sweating that. I wanted to tell the guy administering the test that I hadn't driven that kind of vehicle in five years, but I thought it best not to. I just told him it had been a little while 

I was a little shaky in the yard truck backing up trailers early in the day. I hadn't done that in five years either. But it's all coming back to me. I think I'm going to like it there. I also think I'm going to lose some weight doing that job. Lots more walking than I'm used to. 

Only two primitive responses thus far--California Peggy's nowhere to be seen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: Tobin's new job is going well
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »

I trained on moving trailers and driving a forklift. I also had to go out on the road for a test drive in a tractor trailer. I'm not going to be doing that kind of work, but I'm technically a driver for them so I have to be D.O.T. certified. I had not driven a tractor-trailer for five years. I was stoked after I passed the test. I was really sweating that. I wanted to tell the guy administering the test that I hadn't driven that kind of vehicle in five years, but I thought it best not to. I just told him it had been a little while

I was a little shaky in the yard truck backing up trailers early in the day. I hadn't done that in five years either. But it's all coming back to me. I think I'm going to like it there. I also think I'm going to lose some weight doing that job. Lots more walking than I'm used to. 

I think you are going to "hurt yourself" and apply for disability. Just my opinion.

I guess I should not be so harsh on the guy.  At least he has a job and is trying to better himself. Actually had a new job before he quit his old one.   That right there puts him head and shoulders above the dump.  Remains to be seen if he will pull a dump monkey and fubar this job.

I find a part of me actually wishing him good luck on his new job. I must be getting soft.   :mental:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
Oh my.....goodness.

comment 3168:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81827.3150

The man's wardrobe choices are pretty consistent, aren't they?

He can get by with a very small closet.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 04:53:43 AM »
The entire story is a typical primitive lie.

I trained on moving trailers and driving a forklift. I also had to go out on the road for a test drive in a tractor trailer. I'm not going to be doing that kind of work, but I'm technically a driver for them so I have to be D.O.T. certified.

Tobin S. (7,178 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018711439

I'm not used to the job search circa 2015.

It's been since 1995 since I really had to work to find a job. I got a Class 'A' CDL in 1996 and have had trucking companies begging me to come drive for them since then. I haven't had to work at all to find a new job. Just a phone call usually did it.

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=100292.msg1262386#msg1262386

He is nothing but a stammering retard in adult diapers.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
The entire story is a typical primitive lie.

He is nothing but a stammering retard in adult diapers.

His stories aren't irreconcilable. He may have been driving "box trucks" rather than tractor-trailer rigs. What's funny in that 2015 post, though, is his age discrimination claim. If there was any discrimination, it was probably girth discrimination! Some hiring supervisors' first thought on seeing him was probably, "heart attack ... accident ... people killed/maimed ... lost load ... negligence-in-hiring lawsuits"!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 08:19:18 AM »
His stories aren't irreconcilable. He may have been driving "box trucks" rather than tractor-trailer rigs. What's funny in that 2015 post, though, is his age discrimination claim. If there was any discrimination, it was probably girth discrimination! Some hiring supervisors' first thought on seeing him was probably, "heart attack ... accident ... people killed/maimed ... lost load ... negligence-in-hiring lawsuits"!

I can see not having actually driven a semi but why would he have let a class A license go to a class C?
Even if so I don`t think one can re qualify and test for a Class A instantly.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »
Well now, why would someone criminally trespass and be arrested for it?

He doesn't look the part.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »
The man's wardrobe choices are pretty consistent, aren't they?

He can get by with a very small closet.

I would not call it a small closet.   :tongue:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 05:51:59 PM »
Well now, why would someone criminally trespass and be arrested for it?

He doesn't look the part.

He was at an occupy protest...he did more occupying than protesting.... felt the call of nature and occupied  the lone port-a-let. Filled it up is what he did.  They had to haul it off after that.   

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 06:56:13 PM »
Ok, so the dude landed a new job as a lawn yard jockey.  They are always looking for load tarp guys who can drive a spotting tractor and fork lift.  (it is actually pretty demanding work in a busy terminal yard)   Odds are second drunk back from lunch shift and off he goes.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »
Calpig finally managed to crawl out of her crypt and make a post:

Wed Apr 20, 2016, 11:32 PM
Star Member CaliforniaPeggy (119,002 posts)
6. Glad to hear this, my dear Tobin!

I've been wondering how today went.

You will get more fit!

A good way to read a Calpig post is to treat the message the same as one does a fortune cookie: a brief, vague, and somewhat inarticulate message that really has so little to do with the rest of the situation surrounding it, that it should be read once, and then discarded.

This would explain her last message where she "encouraged" poor Tubby Tobin with some stupid platitude, and also this stupid screed I rowed over.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 09:26:44 PM »
Wasn't Tobin posting his weight loss numbers once a week for accountability?
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 09:30:46 PM »
Wasn't Tobin posting his weight loss numbers once a week for accountability?

I'd really like to hear him explain why, in 1998 when he was 25-26 years old, he was criminally trespassing down there in Georgia.  He couldn't mind his own business?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 10:30:35 PM »
I'd really like to hear him explain why, in 1998 when he was 25-26 years old, he was criminally trespassing down there in Georgia.  He couldn't mind his own business?

In his defense, it wouldn't take much for a guy Tobin's size to accidentally commit trespass.  For starters, it's not like he can really see where his feet are.  Secondly, he has a lot of excess flesh which could cause a situation where some of Tobin is legal, and some other parts of Tobin are hanging out far enough into a no trespassing area to be trespassing. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 06:05:45 AM »
In his defense, it wouldn't take much for a guy Tobin's size to accidentally commit trespass.  For starters, it's not like he can really see where his feet are.  Secondly, he has a lot of excess flesh which could cause a situation where some of Tobin is legal, and some other parts of Tobin are hanging out far enough into a no trespassing area to be trespassing.

H-5!

He's a man of substance, BH, a man of substance.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 05:29:17 PM »
 :lmao:  That was very fair-minded of you, Battlehymn.

:rofl:  Those overalls!  Anyway, good for Tubby for actually working.  And I think he will lose weight.  We all know why there were hardly any replies to his jobs report.