Author Topic: Bernie bullies jubilate about Wyoming  (Read 486 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Bernie bullies jubilate about Wyoming
« on: April 09, 2016, 03:39:04 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141408951

Oh my.

I'll be the first to point out that the neighbor of Nebraska, Wyoming, is a pretty nice state and well worth going to, looking around, and getting to know Wyomingians, but it is after all a pretty tiny state.....

tomm2thumbs (12,600 posts)    Sat Apr 9, 2016, 04:22 PM

**BREAKING** Bernie Sanders Projected To Win Wyoming Caucuses, Keeping Momentum Alive

Democratic voters in Wyoming have decided: Sen. Bernie Sanders has won the state's caucuses, according to The Associated Press. The victory over Hillary Clinton means the Vermont senator will take home the lion's share of the state's 14 pledged delegates. Wyoming, a deeply red state, isn't exactly up for grabs in the general election; most onlookers expect the state to vote Republican, no matter who the GOP ends up choosing as its nominee. But that didn't stop both Clinton and Sanders from setting up campaign offices and running television ads there.

And, even as headlines have showered attention on the delegate-rich primary in New York on April 19, Sanders himself visited Wyoming earlier this week, holding a rally at the University of Wyoming. Former President Bill Clinton campaigned on behalf of his wife in Cheyenne.

"I think when people get to see and hear a candidate or a former president first hand it really inspires them to understand the true meaning of an election," says Aimee Van Cleave, the executive director of the Wyoming Democratic Party.

It's the latest in a string of victories for Sanders in Western states that hold caucuses. He also won in Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Washington state.

Read more: http://knpr.org/npr/2016-04/bernie-sanders-projected-win-wyoming-caucuses-keeping-momentum-alive 

CaliforniaPeggy (118,847 posts)    Sat Apr 9, 2016, 04:24 PM

1. Great News from Wyoming!

geek tragedy (56,980 posts)    Sat Apr 9, 2016, 04:24 PM

2. it may be a 7-7 split on delegates. or, best case scenario for Sanders, 8-6

which is actually a disappointment.

A 2 delegate win in a caucus state is not what they were hoping for. 

And on it goes, but one gets the gist.

WillyT's not on the thread, as he's either "too busy" prancing around with Chippendale dancers, or more likely than that, making up a list of free stuff he expects to get from Methuselah, and checking it twice, to be sure he hasn't left anything off.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Bernie bullies jubilate about Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 09:37:39 PM »
The geek travesty goes about harshing some mellows.
Mole?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 08:10:11 AM »
I hope DU's Berniebots are enjoying this game with loaded dice. It's ironic, but The Bern's best chance of getting the nomination is Slick CHILLy being indicted in the scandals The Bern has denounced as partisan nothing-burgers. Or maybe BHO's "Justice" Department refusal to prosecute triggering mass resignations from the FBI.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 08:14:38 AM »
I hope DU's Berniebots are enjoying this game with loaded dice. It's ironic, but The Bern's best chance of getting the nomination is Slick CHILLy being indicted in the scandals The Bern has denounced as partisan nothing-burgers. Or maybe BHO's "Justice" Department refusal to prosecute triggering mass resignations from the FBI.

The second (bolded) is much more likely.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »
The second (bolded) is much more likely.

My personal speculation is that BHO has been holding the "Sword of Damocles" ofwhat his "Justice" Department might do over Slick CHILLy's head to keep her in line, and she's been walking a tightrope between wanting to put some separation between herself and BHO's MALadministration and the consequences of getting too far out of BHO's line. It's pure speculation, but I think it fits BHO's and Slick CHILLy's characters and how things have been playing out in the investigation and Slick CHILLy's campaign.

The investigation is nearing its completion. I don't see much more possibilities for stonewalling, and I don't see possible outcomes other than indictment, refusal despite overwhelming evidence, or inexplicable delay into November (or beyond). I don't think inaction that protracted will play much better than the other two possibilities.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:51:10 PM »
My personal speculation is that BHO has been holding the "Sword of Damocles" ofwhat his "Justice" Department might do over Slick CHILLy's head to keep her in line, and she's been walking a tightrope between wanting to put some separation between herself and BHO's MALadministration and the consequences of getting too far out of BHO's line. It's pure speculation, but I think it fits BHO's and Slick CHILLy's characters and how things have been playing out in the investigation and Slick CHILLy's campaign.

The investigation is nearing its completion. I don't see much more possibilities for stonewalling, and I don't see possible outcomes other than indictment, refusal despite overwhelming evidence, or inexplicable delay into November (or beyond). I don't think inaction that protracted will play much better than the other two possibilities.

I think that the second is what will happen.  I also think that the PR nightmare that will result from said refusal will be larger than if she is indicted.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.