Author Topic: Bernie bullies still whining about superdelegates  (Read 889 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Bernie bullies still whining about superdelegates
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12511611041

Oh my.

<<<thinks it's long past time for the Bernie bullies to shut up about the superdelegates; they're a fact of life, a creation of professional Democrats concerned about the future of the Democrat party, and best to accept them and move on.

davidn3600 (5,132 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:09 PM

So superdelegates admit they don't give a shit about the voters

At least a half-dozen Democratic superdelegates in New York State who have already decided to support Hillary Clinton said Tuesday they would maintain their allegiance to her — regardless of the results of the Empire State’s primary.

Even if Sanders were to win the April 19 New York presidential contest, when a whopping 247 delegates are at stake, every single New York superdelegate reached by the Daily News said they would never back the Vermont senator.

---

In spite of Sanders winning 15 states — including some by an 80%-20% margin — over 94% of the 498 superdelegates have said they are backing Clinton.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/new-york-superdelegates-largely-back-clinton-sanders-article-1.2581729

And there are people who claim this process isn't rigged? **** you. It's more rigged than the NBA. It's obvious this thing was promised to Clinton years ago.

<<<thinks the system was designed and in operation a long time before Bill and Hill.

Tarc (4,454 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:10 PM

1. If you don't like how the Democratic Party is structured, perhaps there's a party out there

that is a better fit? 

Yeah.  If the Bernie bullies don't like it, they can take their toys and go to another party.

morningfog (15,064 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:15 PM

6. WHy would you equate structure with policy? That doesn't make sense.

Tarc (4,454 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:22 PM

9. Why would you join a party, then complain about its rules mid-stream?

Play by the rules or don't play at all. 

But really, the superdelegate thing is moot anyways* since it is virtually impossible for Sanders to make up the pledged delegate gap. 

*And it's a damned good thing, too.

morningfog (15,064 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:24 PM

10. As a member of this party, I can complain about the rules. I have been for a while,

there is nothing mid stream about it.

Super delegates should just be done away with. They are pointless.

fun n serious (1,723 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 07:07 PM

38. No. They serve a very important function

They are there to make sure OUR party does not get hijacked by a radical who makes promises that government officials know he can't keep. It is there to prevent inexperienced people who call the elders of the party DINO's do not attempt to run against our own DEMS in sitting seats. That is their purpose. I do not want them done away with I want them made stronger.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

geek tragedy (55,204 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:14 PM

4. Clinton has a very large lead amongst elected delegates.

Unless Sanders takes the lead amongst elected delegates, this stuff about superdelegates is both moot and excuse-making.

And, let's see how well Bernie does in NY State before complaining about the superdelegates here choosing Clinton. 

peacebird (13,798 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:22 PM

8. Any super delegate who goes against the voters in their state WILL be primaried!

Game ON.

MFM008 (2,401 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:47 PM
response to the peachbird primitive above

11. Threats are all you have.

You know for a while I seriously considered Sanders until the caucus on Saturday and the bitching that the Sanders people did. Theres a my way or the highway attitute Sanders voters have and their refusal to vote for the democratic nominee is sad.

Thanks for setting me back on the path.

mythology (4,709 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:53 PM

14. Does that apply to super delegates like Erin Bilbray

Alan Grayson and Raul Grijalva? They voted for Sanders but their states voted for Clinton.

^^^good point, but the Bernie bullies'll ignore it anyway.

Beacool (27,762 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:52 PM

13. Neither do Since Sanders and his staffers (Weaver and Devine).

Weren't they the one's who kept saying that they would try to convince super delegates to switch to Sanders, even if Hillary ends the primaries with more pledged delegates? Obviously they don't give a fig about the will of the people. 

Uh huh.

Sheepshank (10,529 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 04:55 PM

15. All these rants regarding Super Delegates, merely brings home the fact that people are clueless.....

...to the role of and the responsibilities of Super Delegates.

The SD responsibility is to the DNC that created and invented and describes those positions.

how embarrassing for the perpetually outraged.

Uh huh.

MineralMan (81,960 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 05:09 PM
response to original post

18. Oh, they care about the voters who elected them to the offices

they hold, I assure you. They know who those voters are, too.

They care about the voters who turn out in mid-term elections. Do you know who doesn't turn out in mid-term elections? Do you know who sat at home in 2010 ad 2014? I do. They do. Maybe people should show up in mid-term elections so they'll actually have some clout in presidential election years. Maybe.

Think about it. House Members and Senators make up the majority of superdelegates. They're party-oriented people. They know who elects them. Those are the voters they are concerned with, not the new Sanders voters. They know those voters will not go to the polls in 2018.

Trust me...they know who their supporters are. 

Uh huh.

Scuba (51,084 posts)    Wed Mar 30, 2016, 07:01 PM

35. It's their job to not give a shit about voters ...

Un-Democratic Party: DNC chair says superdelegates ensure elites don’t have to run “against grassroots activists”

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/13/un_democratic_party_dnc_chair_says_superdelegates_ensure_elites

Nope, nope, nope, nope, not at all.

Superdelegates, because of their greater knowledge and concern for the long-term survival of the Democrat party, ensure that only the most balanced, the most mature, the most sane, candidates get selected.  Sometimes the mob goes a little wild, a little too far, picking whacked-out far-left extremist candidates who generally manage to carry only one state.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Bernie bullies still whining about superdelegates
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »
I wonder how many of them actually really grasp how much of a slap in the face to them their nominating process is.  :lmao:

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »
They really need to get back in line and do as they're told. They'll vote for hillary in november and be grateful for the privilege
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »
Let'em whine! Just like to sight of them whining.  :lmao:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:56:09 PM »
Superdelegates, because of their greater knowledge and concern for the long-term survival of the Democrat party, ensure that only the most balanced, the most mature, the most sane, candidates get selected.  Sometimes the mob goes a little wild, a little too far, picking whacked-out far-left extremist candidates who generally manage to carry only one state.....

And repukes are seeing first-hand the catastrophic effect of a party having no superdelegates.

A whacked-out mob is how Venezuela got Hugo Chavez...

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 01:59:04 AM »
Personally I hope more Bernie people get disillusioned over the process and never vote again.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:04:38 AM »
Personally I hope more Bernie people get disillusioned over the process and never vote again.

And that might also happen with some of the first time voters that Trump has gotten to the primary elections.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 01:21:35 PM »
And that might also happen with some of the first time voters that Trump has gotten to the primary elections.

If those first timers' participation is predicated on voting for a whack job like Sanders or Trump, the country is probably best served if they do stay home.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 01:58:25 PM »
If those first timers' participation is predicated on voting for a whack job like Sanders or Trump, the country is probably best served if they do stay home.

HI^5
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 03:11:10 PM »

President Hillary approves this message.

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 09:37:07 PM »
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. - John Quincy Adams