Author Topic: Wheels coming off ? What wagon??  (Read 2648 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Wheels coming off ? What wagon??
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:46:25 PM »

Berniebro's and the Over-the-Hillary minions are at it again and oh what fun.  Obama seems to have drawn the short straw.  :rotf:

I brought the whole thread over to save everyone time going to the dump.  There is no end to the irony these people offer on a daily basis.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/12511201420

bigtree (60,655 posts)

Hillary: Let's dispel with this fiction that POTUS doesn't know what he's doing

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 2m2 minutes ago

Let's dispel with this fiction that @POTUS doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. http://hrc.io/1PPFU6s
TwilightGardener (46,232 posts)
1. The more she needs African American voters, the harder she'll hug Obama.

Watch what happens if she makes it to the general election, though. That's where the hug will get kinda loose, LOL. She's nothing if not a cynical operator.
Response to TwilightGardener (Reply #1)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:44 PM
Jefferson23 (27,358 posts)
2. lol so true. n/t

Response to TwilightGardener (Reply #1)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:51 PM
m-lekktor (2,128 posts)
6. its hysterical yet sickening at the same time! nt

Response to bigtree (Original post)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:45 PM
Kip Humphrey (2,874 posts)
3. Wow, Hillary channeling Rubiot!

Response to bigtree (Original post)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:47 PM
Star Member cyberswede (23,641 posts)
4. Is this a lampoon of Rubio?

If so, LOL.
If not, I don't get it.
Response to bigtree (Original post)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:49 PM
PatrickforO (3,447 posts)
5. Actually...let's NOT.

Oh, Obama has a genius plus IQ and definitely knows what he's doing. Bernie's problem (and mine) with him is that in 2008 he built the most massive, efficient political machine ever in American politics - I mean, I was ready to march for single payer healthcare, and Obama's campaign promise of universal healthcare was specifically what compelled me to volunteer for his campaign.

Alas, when elected, he did not use the bully pulpit to activate his huge engaged constituency around specific issues and he took single payer off the table, instead substituting a giant corporate welfare program dreamed up by the Heritage Foundation for what should have been Medicare for all Americans, which is what many of us on the line wanted.

So, you know, in my eyes there IS a leadership gap. I thought Obama was gonna be the next FDR and was ready to march with him to make things happen, and....

they didn't. Instead he has governed as a socially liberal Eisenhower Republican.

Bernie's not gonna do that, and the fact that Obama did what he did shows there IS a leadership gap between Obama and rank and file Democrats.
Response to PatrickforO (Reply #5)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:51 PM
Star Member disillusioned73 (992 posts)
7. Right there with ya..

on all points..

Response to PatrickforO (Reply #5)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 02:10 PM
politicaljunkie41910 (763 posts)
11. On the way to the White House a funny thing happened. The economy collapsed. SHIT HAPPENS!

I'm sure that Obama never dreamed that he would have to spend the first years of his administration focused on cleaning up Wall Street's mess and trying to save the US economy from another Great Depression. In addition, he faced an obstructionist GOP Congress who say a failed Obama administration as their only way pack to power. Instead of the policies that he had hoped to put into action, he had to spend money on creating jobs, unemployment benefits, and food stamps for people who lost their jobs. This type of spending caused the deficit to sore. The GOP provided no assistance and Obama pretty much had to go it alone with just the help of the Democratic Party. Many of those Democrats lost their seats for the actions taken to prop up the economy. You must have slept through that period. In spite of it all, Obama held steadfast in trying to get Health Care for all, but, he had to make compromises because of Blue Dog Democrats to get anything passed. He had to make compromises or else we would have had nothing. Bernie had the luxury of us having come through those tough times, which no one knew at the time knew how they would turn out. He would be inheriting a much stronger economy, should he be elected, than what Obama faced coming into office. It is disingenuous of him and his supporters to blame Obama when he did the best he could with the cards he was dealt.
Response to bigtree (Original post)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:54 PM
firebrand80 (1,211 posts)
8. LOL!!!

Response to bigtree (Original post)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:57 PM
Deny and Shred (980 posts)
9. Is the gap between Congress and The People not gaping?

The gap between how Congress votes and the needs of the American people is 'yuge'.

At his own political peril, Sanders is honest.

Congressional gridlock has meant government hasn't functioned for the bulk of Obama's presidency. That doesn't mean the President doesn't know what he's doing, it means he never found a way to overcome it.

Sec. Clinton is wrapping herself in the Obama flag - pandering before South Carolina.

Sen. Sanders could, but hasn't, taken issue with many things with which Sec. Clinton is dealing. DU knows the list, and its far more significant and extensive that that of Sanders. He has tried to avoid the cheap shot. This is one item in what will inevitably be a long list of cheap shots by the Clinton campaign.
Response to bigtree (Original post)Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:59 PM
jkbRN (827 posts)
10. Bernie is right.

To say that Obama has let down the American people on a number of issues is an understatement--as with HRC, he leads with compromises, which isn't a leader at all.

All in all these people have no clue how ironic they are.  They actually believe what they are saying. They are so far unhooked from reality they are like a guy floating in space.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Wheels coming off ? What wagon??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
Oh dear God.

That is scary, that the primitives actually believe all that garbage.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:58:25 PM »
Black Feminists Don’t Owe Hillary Clinton Their Support
If I were a middle-class white woman, I would probably love Hillary Clinton.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2016/02/black_feminists_don_t_owe_hillary_clinton_their_support.html

Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote
From the crime bill to welfare reform, policies Bill Clinton enacted—and Hillary Clinton supported—decimated black America.
http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:08:26 PM »
Hillary: Let's dispel with this fiction that POTUS doesn't know what he's doing

Did Tsaritsa CHILL really utter or post those words somewhere? One may:

"Dispel this fiction" or

"Dispense with this fiction".

But "dispel with this fiction" doesn't work.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »

restorefreedom

13. marco, is that you?
Short but sweet.   :rotf:

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
Anyone who believes Obama has a genius level IQ is incalculably stupid. You don't have to hide genius behind layers and layers of sealed documents.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »
Did Tsaritsa CHILL really utter or post those words somewhere? One may:

"Dispel this fiction" or

"Dispense with this fiction".

But "dispel with this fiction" doesn't work.

She tweeted it.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »
Anyone who believes Obama has a genius level IQ is incalculably stupid. You don't have to hide genius behind layers and layers of sealed documents.

the guy is a blooming idiot who hid his hideous academic records and also hid his foreign aid application. Obama is the greatest fraud ever perpetrated on the American people.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 05:09:10 PM »

Garth Sundem Garth Sundem
Brain Candy
Study: Is Complex Problem Solving Distinct From IQ?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-candy/201306/study-is-complex-problem-solving-distinct-iq

Just because Barry is struggling with the complex problem of getting himself and his umbrella around this complicated obstacle doesn't mean he's not a genius.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-candy/201306/study-is-complex-problem-solving-distinct-iq

Just because Barry is struggling with the complex problem of getting himself and his umbrella around this complicated obstacle doesn't mean he's not a genius.

And the wookie is looking at him with a "dindo nuffin" attitude. he's an outback steakhouse blooming idiot.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 06:28:35 PM »
Quote from:
politicaljunkie41910

11. On the way to the White House a funny thing happened. The economy collapsed. SHIT HAPPENS!

I'm sure that Obama never dreamed that he would have to spend the first years of his administration focused on cleaning up Wall Street's mess and trying to save the US economy from another Great Depression. In addition, he faced an obstructionist GOP Congress who say a failed Obama administration as their only way pack to power. Instead of the policies that he had hoped to put into action, he had to spend money on creating jobs, unemployment benefits, and food stamps for people who lost their jobs. This type of spending caused the deficit to sore. The GOP provided no assistance and Obama pretty much had to go it alone with just the help of the Democratic Party. Many of those Democrats lost their seats for the actions taken to prop up the economy. You must have slept through that period. In spite of it all, Obama held steadfast in trying to get Health Care for all, but, he had to make compromises because of Blue Dog Democrats to get anything passed. He had to make compromises or else we would have had nothing. Bernie had the luxury of us having come through those tough times, which no one knew at the time knew how they would turn out. He would be inheriting a much stronger economy, should he be elected, than what Obama faced coming into office. It is disingenuous of him and his supporters to blame Obama when he did the best he could with the cards he was dealt.

From Rush Limbaugh's show today.

Quote from:
Whether you're talking about a communist dictator or any other kind of leader, it is always power and money.  Sometimes the quest for power and money is governed by morality and virtue, and that's the United States of America from our founding.  Other times, whatever it takes to acquire power and money.  If you have to murder your citizens, if you have to plunder your own treasury and hide the money in Switzerland, you do what you do.  But it's always about power and money.  And the power is the power over people.

The desire to have power to control people so as to ensure your place in the hierarchy that you have imagined or envisioned for yourself.  Bernie Sanders' voters are classic examples of these true believer followers who haven't the slightest idea that what awaits them is total authoritarian, statist domination.  They believe in the utopia.  They believe in the sweetness.  They believe in the light.  They believe in the fairness and the equality and the sameness.  They believe in the no suffering, no pain, no unhappiness.  That's what seduces them.

And that's what Bernie (and to a lesser extent Hillary and every leftist) promises.  Of course the exact opposite always happens, without fail, without exemption.  There never is happiness and sameness and equality and fairness.  There is misery compounded on misery compounded on misery as the reality dawns that all the promises are never gonna come true.  Then anger and outrage sets in, and the leaders who have been taking these people along, then blame people like Republicans for their misery, which is Obama's classic move.

You blame Republicans for standing in your way.  You blame the fact that there is opposition to your desire for sameness, fairness, equality, everybody being nice, and everybody having something and enough.  Whatever it is that you've defined as your nirvana, when it doesn't happen (because it can't happen unless you provide it for yourself), they blame others.  If you're waiting for other people to provide it for you, they're gonna take care of themselves first and (raspberry) you and you're gonna be left out.  When that happens, your leaders come along and blame your political opponents and tell 'em they have no heart.

They tell you they have no heart, they have no compassion, they don't care about you. When in fact, the very people you've been following are the ones who sold you out and have been lying to you from the get-go.  That is where we are right now in this country.  That is how Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders -- after being in charge for seven years and ruining aspects of this country with the hope and desire to ruin even more -- get away with blaming the Republicans, who haven't had a single fingerprint on any of this, other than they haven't tried to stop it.

And even at that, they still get blamed!

Rush described the politicaljunkie41910 primitive perfectly.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »

Oh, Obama has a genius plus IQ and definitely knows what he's doing.

Oh no he doesn't. Really. He doesn't. His IQ is roughly somewhere between 70 and 105.  IQ tests attempt to measure the ability to understand ideas and concepts, and he fails utterly in that arena. Ask anyone with an IQ over 130 what they think of him, and the majority will tell you he is not exceptional.

Knows what hes doing? Well, yeah, he knew he was lying when he said "if you want to keep your doctor..." and "you didn't build that...". In that  and similar respects, I have no doubt that he knows exactly what he is doing.

CMD

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:45:09 AM by CollectivismMustDie »
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 11:11:56 PM »

Oh, Obama has a genius plus IQ and definitely knows what he's doing.

Genius plus, eh?

No, as CMD said, exceedingly average- with one exception:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d8h1lbzoHY[/youtube]

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 11:57:27 PM »
Genius plus, eh?

You just couldn't resist! You just had to bring reggie into it didn't you. :puke:

Anyone know where I can buy brain bleach in bulk?

Hi-5 for Blazing Saddles. Watched it on bluray 3 nights ago. A classic.

:-)

(enjoyed tonights show btw, but only caught the last hour)

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 12:26:50 AM »
Here ya go.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 07:12:23 AM »
You just couldn't resist! You just had to bring reggie into it didn't you. :puke:

Anyone know where I can buy brain bleach in bulk?

Hi-5 for Blazing Saddles. Watched it on bluray 3 nights ago. A classic.

:-)

(enjoyed tonights show btw, but only caught the last hour)

CMD

I want to have a screening of Blazing Saddles at University of Kansas. The special snowflakes will melt!

Thanks for listening!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 07:52:16 AM »
I want to have a screening of Blazing Saddles at University of Kansas. The special snowflakes will melt!

Thanks for listening!

While I laud your intent I fear the desired result would be frustrated by the constant need to explain satire as opposed to farce to the assembled multitude. 

Kids today would not get the inside humor nor be able to apply it to specific life examples.  You would be better off showing Dumb and Dumber letting them have a good cathartic laugh at themselves and let it go at that.    m/Zeit and I just had this discussion after watching a couple recent trailers.  Kids today like gratuitous sex and gags, fast paced with little thought involved. ( and they are cheap to make)

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
Genius plus, eh?

There is no evidence that Obama has a genius IQ but the libs like to repeat this non-sense. There is some evidence that he may be a little brighter than normal but there is more evidence that he would probably score in the average range. I believe that the libs willfully draw the false conclusion that since he is black and went to an Ivy League school he must be a genius. They choice to ignore the effects that Affirmative Action has on statistics of average college intelligence.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 12:18:11 PM »

While I laud your intent I fear the desired result would be frustrated by the constant need to explain satire as opposed to farce to the assembled multitude. 

Kids today would not get the inside humor nor be able to apply it to specific life examples.  You would be better off showing Dumb and Dumber letting them have a good cathartic laugh at themselves and let it go at that.    m/Zeit and I just had this discussion after watching a couple recent trailers.  Kids today like gratuitous sex and gags, fast paced with little thought involved. ( and they are cheap to make)

Idiocracy - now a documentary.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »
There is no evidence that Obama has a genius IQ but the libs like to repeat this non-sense. There is some evidence that he may be a little brighter than normal but there is more evidence that he would probably score in the average range. I believe that the libs willfully draw the false conclusion that since he is black and went to an Ivy League school he must be a genius. They choice to ignore the effects that Affirmative Action has on statistics of average college intelligence.

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is smarter than Emperor Three Putt- and Triumph has to have a man's hand up his ass to get his lips to move.

Whereas Barak Obama.... oh, never mind.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is smarter than Emperor Three Putt- and Triumph has to have a man's hand up his ass to get his lips to move.

Whereas Barak Obama.... oh, never mind.

George Soros is the puppeteer controlling Obama.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »
George Soros is the puppeteer controlling Obama.

:rimshot:

-Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.