Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER DUmp beggar. ANOTHER.  (Read 3201 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Yet ANOTHER DUmp beggar. ANOTHER.
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »
Star Member liberalla (3,735 posts)

Me, the kitties, our imminent eviction - - - after breaking my hip. ** Updated ** 2X

Last edited Thu Jan 21, 2016, 08:05 AM - Edit history (3)
I'm looking for help to prevent the locks being changed on my apartment. I'm at serious risk of losing my apartment, kitties and belongings. I feel like I've tried everything and am out of options... or out of time to find the right option. I admit to being scared. Please help me if you're able.

This is an awful situation. I have 2 days to raise $488 and avoid eviction. I had fallen behind but was on track to make the $1153 pymt by Jan 15th, when I got tangled up in chairs at the library and fell, breaking my right hip, on Jan 7th. I work at home. I haven't been home since the day of the fall and am now unable to work. I miss my kitties so much and have a friend who is helping and feeding them. The $1153 would bring me current. I was able to get a 6 day extension to the 21st of Jan, and have raised $665.

$488 is the remaining amount I need to avoid eviction. (now $263)

I don't have a Facebook page. I'm more of an introvert. I live alone with my babies. Now I'm in a rehab facility until it's safe for me to go home. If I lose my apartment ( which is on the ground floor and has no steps), I'll have no where to go when they release me from rehab, and I'll have to re-home my cats, which would kill me.

I'll answer any questions you have, if you need more info. I'm in Tucson AZ. I get carted off a few times a day for various physical/occupational therapies, but I'll be checking for updates. I've lived there for 9 1/2 years. I want to be able to pack my own things up and move out the end of March, which is also when my lease is up.

I do have a PayPal account. Is it smart to post the email address here, or should I just share it through private message?

I'll appreciate any help you could offer or contribute, as I know there are many people struggling these days.

Thank you so very much.

Adding the paypal email address: dancingwithluna@theriver.com

Wasn't it just last week when they declared the SOTU to be a complete mic drop for 0loser?

Getting boring at this point.

Star Member OneGrassRoot (20,710 posts)
17. HEY, FOLKS...

Hi

Some of you may remember me and Wishadoo; I'm still planning to relaunch Wishadoo soon, as it is still so very, very needed.

liberalla was under the impression that we still weren't allowed to post financial requests on DU, as was the case a few years ago; she recalled that I had done that on others' behalf before. She sent a request to admin over a week ago, I believe she said, but hadn't heard back to know she is able to create a post on her own.

She sent a message to me on Monday but I didn't check in here until yesterday, and I encouraged her to create an OP ASAP.

Since time is so much of the essence, and since she doesn't have easy access to do a lot on the computer nor does she have a lot of experience, I think our best bet is for people to give to her PayPal account if they can. There's not really time for gofundme or other platforms.

She has exhausted any local resources that might be able to provide assistance, so this is her last hope for help.

If you can, please help. I just wanted to give some background to this, and why it is such a last-minute request.

Wait! Wait! I need to GRIFT off of this!!!

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Doom, Despair and Agony on me!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:54 AM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcEWhbQkEg[/youtube]

::)

liberalla (3,735 posts)
22. The social workers at the hospital and here at this rehabilitation/care facility have been helpful.

But unfortunately had pretty much the same programs and suggestions I'd already found and tried. If I had dependent children, there'd be more available. For some reason my kitty's don't qualify (don t tell them).

** the social worker here was extremely helpful in getting the 6 day extension approved. Shout out and thanks to Cindy!

liberalla (3,735 posts)
7. Have tried everything I've heard about.

Tucson urban league, pima county community action, primavera, interfaith, pima county council on aging, salvation army, st Vincent DePaul, Catholic ministries (or something like that), a bunch of churches...

I don't have my papers with me at this moment...

liberalla (3,735 posts)
9. Quickly is the key word here...

I've never done a Gofundme page before, and have no photos here. They're all at home on my computer.

I don't have a smart phone with photos... I'm working now on a kindle web browser which I'm not used to.

But I'll check it out.

OneGrassRoot (20,710 posts)
17. HEY, FOLKS...

Hi   

Some of you may remember me and Wishadoo; I'm still planning to relaunch Wishadoo soon, as it is still so very, very needed.

liberalla was under the impression that we still weren't allowed to post financial requests on DU, as was the case a few years ago; she recalled that I had done that on others' behalf before. She sent a request to admin over a week ago, I believe she said, but hadn't heard back to know she is able to create a post on her own.

She sent a message to me on Monday but I didn't check in here until yesterday, and I encouraged her to create an OP ASAP.

Since time is so much of the essence, and since she doesn't have easy access to do a lot on the computer nor does she have a lot of experience, I think our best bet is for people to give to her PayPal account if they can. There's not really time for gofundme or other platforms.

She has exhausted any local resources that might be able to provide assistance, so this is her last hope for help.

If you can, please help. I just wanted to give some background to this, and why it is such a last-minute request.

Damn this *bush* economy!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:10:39 AM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Yet ANOTHER DUmp beggar. ANOTHER.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
I'll answer any questions you have, if you need more info. I'm in Tucson AZ

Impossible,everything is free there.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »
Impossible,everything is free there.

Can't she mosey on down to the "Sally?"

Can't she find a benevolent Indian drug mule?

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »
Our next element of scorn in the vast right wing conspiracy is to entice every lib to be a beggar to all the other lib/dummies, effectively putting a freeze on  monetary velocity bringing it to a screeching halt.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 10:32:27 AM »
Our next element of scorn in the vast right wing conspiracy is to entice every lib to be a beggar to all the other lib/dummies, effectively putting a freeze on  monetary velocity bringing it to a screeching halt.

That same $4 would come to a screeching halt. Musical PayPals.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »
     That same $4 would come to a screeching halt. Musical PayPals.

Done.
My only worry is that our plan will be so effective the lib/DUmmies will do what they always do when confronted with that situation.
They will stop groping around in each other's pockets and begin to scrounge around in conservative's pockets.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:31:43 AM »
Star Member liberalla (3,735 posts)

Me, the kitties, our imminent eviction - - - after breaking my hip.

I will give you the remaining $263 needed to stay in your apartment for both of your cats.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 12:01:41 PM »
I will give you the remaining $263 needed to stay in your apartment for both of your cats.
Paying for *****? How generous of you : )
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »
Michael Moore needs to do a documentary so these DUmmies can get the help they deserve.  He hasn't had a hit movie since Dial 911...For Murder! and I would definitely pay to see this one. He could promise them 1% of the net.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »
Michael Moore needs to do a documentary so these DUmmies can get the help they deserve.  He hasn't had a hit movie since Dial 911...For Murder! and I would definitely pay to see this one. He could promise them 1% of the net.

He probably has enough spare change lodged in his folds of fat to support all of the DUmmies, and enough lint in his massive, diseased navel to sew each of them a blanket.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »
     Can't she mosey on down to the "Sally?"

Can't she find a benevolent Indian drug mule?

Yeah...doesn't LadyFreeDUmbReturns live in Tucson? Maybe she can move in with her.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 09:52:45 PM »
She just did it again:

Star Member liberalla (3,837 posts) Fri May 6, 2016, 02:01 PM

Update RE: hip fracture, loss of income, pending eviction and two sweet kitties

Last edited Sun May 8, 2016, 06:22 PM - Edit history (7)

OMG! I just got an email from Paypal, and
someone has contributed the remaining amount!

THANK YOU! * THANK YOU! * THANK YOU!

I just burst into tears and my big orange boy runs to my side to see what's wrong.
I don't know who you are on DU, but THANK YOU so much!

and THANKS to everybody for ALL your help. I feel such relief!

Update: $723.00 received

* Remaining amount needed: $ 00.00 *

Thank you so much!

I'm very sorry for the intrusion on your Mother's Day.

I'm still short the necessary funds to avoid eviction, which is tomorrow.

*I* could survive in my car for a while, but not my cats. The weather is getting too hot here (AZ), and I would never do that to them anyway. I haven't been able to find a place that would care for them until I move at the end of May; and, then give them back to me. If I had money I would board them, (I checked around and it's gotten SO expensive) but if I had money I'd pay this rent. I am receiving an $800 payment on the 20th which will be used for moving and the new place.

I've had two offers for a place to sleep, but they can't take the kitties.
I don't know what will happen here...

Urgent Financial Assistance Requested

Yes, I am still struggling with the broken hip and the fiscal ‘hit’ which followed and intensified it.

The original thread is here.

My immediate need is to pay rent by noon on Mon. 5/9, and prevent the locks from being changed on my apt. If you are able, I would appreciate any assistance you could give.

The remaining amount needed to prevent my eviction in $390.
Please, if you can help, I'll be so grateful for your assistance. Thank you.

I have $52 dollars on hand. I still need to raise $723 by noon on Mon. the 9th. This is to cover rent and late fees. I've been selling stuff and some friends have helped me (as much as they were able). I’ve been picking and choosing what bills to pay, trying to keep the electricity on, the internet connected, and some food for the kitties and me (and I?)… I also paid car insurance.

I am once again on the verge of being evicted from my apartment. My financial problems are as tenuous as they were before. I just haven’t been able to make enough money and cover my bills. **However, if I can get through May, I will have a place to go at that time (& move out of here).

I wasn’t able to move out of my apt. the end of March as I hoped to do. I just wasn’t physically able to pack and get it done. My recovery has had a few hiccups along the way.

On March 15th I saw the Dr. and was cleared to bear weight (but still not full weight) on my leg and begin using a quad cane. It was freeing to only have to use one hand with a cane after needing both hands for the walker. I felt good - this was progress! Yeah! Within 5-6 days, an old injury (partially torn rotator cuff) began hurting, on the side that holds the cane. I didn’t realize at first what was going on. That injury is about 24 yrs old and it hadn’t bothered me in ages. Soon the pain was extreme and pretty constant. It kept me awake and I could barely use it. I went back to using the walker (and even the walker hurt my shoulder).

I was referred to Ortho for the shoulder but the soonest I could get in was May 3rd. They put me on a waitlist and I ended up being able to get in last week on the 26th. I received a cortisone injection and am now pleased to report it’s helping! It took about 4 days before I felt any change. It’s not back to normal yet, but hopefully soon.

Later in March, I had a bout of bronchitis which lasted about 2-½ wks. I don’t smoke and can’t remember ever having a cough and junk like that in my lungs, or waking up unable to breathe. Horrible.

In mid April I had the final x-rays taken (of my hip) and was OK’d for full weight bearing on the leg. Unfortunately the outpatient physical therapy was interrupted by bronchitis and the old shoulder injury and inflammation, so I'm behind and need to catch up.

I really hope I can stay in this apartment through May. If I have to be out on Mon., I don’t know what I’ll do or where I‘ll go (+ the cats). I don’t even have enough money to rent a storage unit and move my stuff out of here. I'm feeling so much anxiety. On the 20th I'm getting a payment that I'll use for moving.

It’s been a bumpy road since I broke my hip, and that’s only magnified the money problems. I’m going to keep moving forward best I can. I HAVE to. I really hope that in several months, my situation will be better. I’ll still be paying off bills but my living expenses will be lower, and I should have a consistent work schedule by then, and the ability to work it. I will appreciate any help you can offer at all. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

My sincere thanks to any and all who are able to donate and would like to help me. Truly!

Paypal email address: dancingwithluna@theriver.com.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027810898

Story's not adding up, Jeanne.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 10:07:49 PM »
Hey Dummie?  I suggest you write to:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania avenue,
Washington DC, 20500

Attn: B.H. Obama

You supported him and now, in your time of need, I'm sure he will support you.  Please let us here at CC know how that worked out for you.   :lmao: 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 10:09:04 PM »
She just did it again:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027810898

Story's not adding up, Jeanne.

Nope, ...........

My sincere thanks to any and all who are able to donate and would like to help me. Truly!

After all that?   :thatsright:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »
I could have swore Obama fixed all this. Whatz da deal?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 04:38:21 AM »
Nigerian princes have nothing on these people

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 05:43:11 AM »
I wonder if this DUmmy ever googled her email address ? She probably should have before posting it.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »
To quote the esteemed Franksolich..."Oh my"

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
Just a question but do we have any conservatives here that beg for money for rent or anything?  I have never seen one and just wanted to know if no, then why not?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »
Never the regulars, Gina, ever.  We did have a dubious visitor once, who claimed his mom was a conservative and then proceeded to beg on her behalf.  He didn't stay long. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 02:30:33 PM »
By the end of this month I need $1050 to upgrade from a mini-suite to a suite on our next cruise.

I could really use the extra space.

I'd also like to get the drink package, and unlimited Wi-Fi.

They really skin you for the Wi-Fi.

Gofundme details to follow.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »
I should explain. The extra space is so there will be room for our four darling rescue puppies to play, since you can't take them out on deck.

If we have to settle for a mini-suite, we'll have to return the puppies to the pound, where they will probably be put to sleep before we return.

So I really need the dough for that upgrade.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 06:07:04 PM »
By the end of this month I need $1050 to upgrade from a mini-suite to a suite on our next cruise.

I could really use the extra space.

I'd also like to get the drink package, and unlimited Wi-Fi.

They really skin you for the Wi-Fi.

Gofundme details to follow.

Piker.

So, I was in my 20 year old truck and going down a main road obeying the speed limit when a controller arm broke causing my wheels to go in different directions. It cause me to wreck. I was on my way to the pet boarding establishment to pick up my 2 dogs and 3 cats because I was out of town interviewing for a job that paid $12 per hour (a huge raise over what I'm making now). The repair shop told me it would cost $1400 (Including 4 new tires that were down to the cord). While there, I ran into a Trump supporter and gave him a piece of my mind. He tried to argue with me, but my logic won. In the end, he agreed Bernie is the better choice. I told him where he needs to go to change his registration and make sure he's registered to vote. The workers in the bays gave me high 5's and gave me a hug before I left.

I spent the money I was going to use to pay for the boarding to have my truck towed to the shop.

I. NEED. HELP. PLEASE.

I need $140 to pay for boarding, $1400 for the truck repair, $1600 to pay for two months rent that I'm behind, $2700 for body work on the truck, and $20 to contribute to DU.

Please, I'm begging here. I need the help. I promise to pay it forward when, and if, and if I decide to.

Anything you can contribute is appreciated.

I've set up a gofundme account. The email address is sucker@yourproblemnow.com.

Thank you in advance.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 06:25:14 PM »
Just a question but do we have any conservatives here that beg for money for rent or anything?  I have never seen one and just wanted to know if no, then why not?

I'd say the closest is me - that donation button up above. Granted, I never ask it be pressed. But its there if someone feels so inclined.