Author Topic: Meet The Brogressive, Your New Worst Enemy  (Read 2186 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Meet The Brogressive, Your New Worst Enemy
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
A new word! Hipster Liberal asshats are now Brogressives!

William769 (45,797 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027299110

should have known based on his precisely pressed, purple gingham shirt and dark-framed glasses, his head, quizzically, the perfect shape for a Fedora. Sitting next to me at yet another progressive millennial conference in Washington, he struck up a conversation. When asked where he interned, he explained he did communications for an organization that works in liberal media messaging. When the question was reciprocated, I said I interned at the Feminist Majority Foundation.

When I said "feminist," his mouth curled. "What does that mean?" He asked, confused. I explained I spent most of my time writing blog posts, tweets, and research summaries pertaining to the feminist movement, primarily in the areas of reproductive justice and sexual violence prevention on college campuses. With a faint eyebrow raise, the conversation abruptly ended.

We filled out the surveys handed to us when we walked into the seminar room. Under the section where we were supposed to circle which aspects of progressive politics interested us, I glanced at his paper, only to see he chose every possible answer except for "Racial Justice," LGBTQ Rights," and "Women's Rights."

Meet the Brogressive.

https://www.slantnews.com/story/2015-08-22-your-new-worst-enemy-the-brogressive

I have met to damn many of them!

brogressive [ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brogressive ]
Politically liberal or left-leaning person who routinely downplays injustices against women and other marginalized groups in favor of some cause they deem more important.
He's just a brogressive. He says he wants equality and liberation for all, but he makes rape jokes and accuses women of making false sexual assault claims all the time.
by lostgrrrls January 05, 2011[/i]

::)

giftedgirl77 (2,877 posts)
2. Yep, we see them all the time.

All they are concerned with is "economic justice" & screw everybody else. Hell I just responded to a post that was offended that Emily's List has the audacity to help women get elected to office.

Star Member bravenak (16,277 posts)
3. I meet them every day!! THIRD WAY PROGRESSIVES!!

:whatever:

misterhighwasted (4,159 posts)
8. Brogressives were about 10 yrs old when Obama first became our Dem President soooooooo.... like 17 and a half now?

What would they know of feminism.

It appears they define the word progressive to fit their day.
Brogressives have hijacked & are redefining the intent of the powerful Progressive Party.
Seems to be a trend, lately

Jim Beard (359 posts) <----Hipster asshat
11. I guess you could call me one because my MAIN interest is economic equality

I have read may a post from all different message boards where I read where LGBT people who are wealthy don't give a rats ass about economic equality. Did you see the other surveys?

Star Member geek tragedy (51,623 posts)
15. wait, are you trying to bash GLBT people as unconcerned with economic justice? nt

Oh, dear.... Don't get the fairies all stirred up!

Jim Beard (359 posts)
19. Yes, there are those in the LGBT who are MORE concerned about LGBT than Progressive economic equality. Notice the word "MORE".

oh, dear...

geek tragedy (51,623 posts)
20. so you're bashing people for being too preoccupied with their own civil rights

Yep, this article is about you.

Here is a hint:

in order to have allies, you need to be an ally

George II (9,923 posts)
30. Are you a member of the LGBT Community? If not, how do you know...what they're concerned with?

35. "LGBT" is not a noun. nt

Um...

Comrade Grumpy (12,987 posts)
14. Maybe somebody should do an OP on social justice warriors. It would be about as helpful and useful.

Oh no...

Star Member geek tragedy (51,623 posts)
17. social justice warriors is a favorite term on the right wing. While there are some who take that stuff too far (which is the case with every movement), using the rightwing vocabulary isn't helpful.

25. anyone who talks about civil rights gives them ammunition.

it's really not up to straight white guys like you and I to police what oppressed minorities say about their own civil rights.

:o ...  :rotf:

Star Member Hortensis (1,862 posts)
22. The Brogressive is NOT socially liberal. He's a typical white male moderate progressive conservative -- trendy purple-shirt urban model.

Note, when figuring out whether a rather centrist person falls liberal or con, that he or she usually holds positions for various issues on both sides; it's the direction the overall weight of his positions causes him to lean that clues one in.

w.      t.     f.

Electric Monk (12,812 posts)
33. I feel like you want me to apologize for not being a black lesbian, or something. Not gonna happen.

I didn't choose my skin color or sexual orientation any more than you did.

That doesn't make us enemies.

Why are you trying to drive wedges between us?

Rex (56,906 posts)
37. Hmmm....sounds a lot like a libertarian imo.

They 'think' they are progressives like us, because they 'smoke weed'...YUP, know few just like that. Have an Obama sticker on their Macbook...spot on! And don't get them talking about Macs...you will be there all day.

NOW, bring up corporate welfare or LGBTQ rights and watch their face form into a puzzle, "what does that have to do with anything?" Right...caught ya!

romanic (1,400 posts)
39. Sounds like more dribble from the identity politics police.

Always looking within the base for an "enemy" then finding a new one the next year...then the next year, until all that's left is themselves - where they find an enemy within. See how that works?

That is what the left does.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Meet The Brogressive, Your New Worst Enemy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 04:29:31 PM »
Notes to super-genius Progs:

1.  That 'Union vote' solid DemonRat constituency thinks pretty much like Mr. Purple Shirt, the so-called 'Economic Justice' and 'Gender Equality' BS that is so life-and-death to you doesn't really matter a fart in a windstorm to them.  Likewise for most of the minority vote on which you depend.

2.  The majority of you dopes who actually live and die over the SJW crap must either live and work in academia, the media, be absorbed in gay-etc. identity politics, or be cranky divorced chicks living off of child support and welfare...or bottom-feeding dudes parroting that crap in order to try and get lucky with them.

3.  The word you can't seem to master is 'Drivel.'  Look it up, bitches.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
or bottom-feeding dudes parroting that crap in order to try and get lucky with them.
Whatever happened to taverner anyway?  Did he finally get a bad dose of smack?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 04:47:29 PM »
Whatever happened to taverner anyway?  Did he finally get a bad dose of smack?

Oh, I hope so.  Didn't he get purged (Or voluntarily purge himself) a couple of years back?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »
Oh, I hope so.  Didn't he get purged (Or voluntarily purge himself) a couple of years back?
Yeah.  I remember he would show up drunk on a Friday or Saturday night trolling for fatties.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »
William769 (45,797 posts)

Deplorable since 2016

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »
I guess the only thing acceptable is a limp wristed white male that apologizes at every turn for existing...aka Randy Shaw.

Funny though how all the so called feminists would spit on that guy when it comes to finding a mate.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »
In  brogressive land, the "boys" wear the burkas.   :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »
When the pajamas come off it's on.  We that ain't Brogressives are going nowhere except to the bathroom.  A tissue to those that don't make it.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 09:06:54 PM »
 :???: :wtf2:  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »
Star Member Hortensis (1,862 posts)
22. The Brogressive is NOT socially liberal. He's a typical white male moderate progressive conservative -- trendy purple-shirt urban model.

Note, when figuring out whether a rather centrist person falls liberal or con, that he or she usually holds positions for various issues on both sides; it's the direction the overall weight of his positions causes him to lean that clues one in.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 02:29:41 AM »
In  brogressive land, the "boys" wear the burkas.   :whistling:

You know, sooner or later, simply because of elementary laws of physics, men are going to resent always being told by she-women how we're supposed to be, and think.  Push-back.

Now, Wills, the William769 primitive, is the queen of the fairy boys on Skins's island, and so in one sense one can understand him hanging around with the girls.

But surely he's not blind; surely he knows that no matter how much he kowtows to the she-women, in the end they're inevitably going to despise him because he's a male.

There's the shining example of our good friend Laelth from about two years ago, about the time the she-women, led by the Four Horsewomen of the Femapocalypse, were trying to take over the whole of Skins's island.

He tripped all over himself being nice to Jugs, the BainsBane primitive, but it availed him nothing.  Since he possessed the plumbing of males, Jugs loathed him no matter what.  He abjectly surrendered over and over again to her, but it wasn't good enough.  Finally, when Jugs cut off his balls and strung them on her necklace, he ran away in terror and humiliation.

The same thing's going to happen to Wills; wait, watch and see if I'm not right.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 06:12:40 AM »
Oh look - the liberals created yet another box to separate people into..  :whatever:

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »
You never, ever, ever question the LGBTQWTF crowd unless you're going to fawn over their courage....

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »
:???: :wtf2:  :mental:

Oh look - the liberals created yet another box to separate people into..  :whatever:

It's a natural stage in Progs' Progressivier than thou fighting for Prog-Cred points. One single-issue Prog is demeaning other Progs' single issues.

Less scarcastically, the weak point in a coalition of special interests is that those special interests may come into conflict, and then a circular firing squad ensues. A classic example would be Enviros who obstruct business and infrastructure and unions, whose members work for those businesses or on those housing developments, industrial buildings, and highway/bridge projects. Then groups of the perpetually aggrieved (race-baiters, feminazis, etc.) start urinating on all concerned ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »
And if DU's ultra-feminists ever take on DU's hyper-sensitive AfAms - maybe over the crude and gross exploitation of women and misogyny in the world of hip-hop and rap - it'll be :popcorn: time! The survivors of the PUMAcrat uprising and beat-down may have survived by shutting up and knuckling under, but they've been honing their grudges and sharpening their knives for 7 1/2 years. There could be blood!

I can dream, can't I?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 07:48:10 AM »
You never, ever, ever question the LGBTQWTF crowd unless you're going to fawn over their courage....

This.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »
 Feminist Majority Foundation

Feminist Majority Foundation
Non-profit organization · feminist.org
The Feminist Majority Foundation is a non-profit organization in the United States dedicated to women's equality, reproductive health, and non-violence, headquartered in Arlington County, Virginia. Wikipedia
Founder: Gloria Steinem
Founded: 1987, Arlington, TX
Awards: Peabody Award

:whatever:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 10:54:31 AM »
I am still trying to figure out what the heck "Reproductive Justice" is.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Free abortions and condoms.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
Free abortions and condoms.

And government funded birth control...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 06:59:50 PM »
:yawn:

Primitives trying to make their own "cool table" because the non-drooling, non-helmet wearing 4th graders won't even acknowledge their existence.

:yawn:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »
When the pajamas come off it's on.  We that ain't Brogressives are going nowhere except to the bathroom.  A tissue to those that don't make it.
Beautiful prose.
Concentrated, terse, pithy,subtly multifaceted, and deep.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 06:20:52 AM »

That corner of feminism is revolting against nature: they resent that men can't get pregnant; they resent that women can't turn on or off their reproduction with a switch; they resent that they need a male in order to reproduce (even a sperm bank gets its sperm from a male ... and turkey basters were probably designed by a male).

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 06:28:55 AM »
Free abortions and birth control pills.

Well that's part of it, though I updated your post. Per Sandra Fluke, feminists want free "pills", not condoms. Feminists of this variety also want free, champagne-and-caviar-grade daycare and preschool and free on-demand Section 8 housing for single mothers. Free nannies will be demanded if other demands are met.