Author Topic: Woman (65) shoots burglary suspect in garage (DUmmies sympathy is 4 criminal)  (Read 2083 times)

Offline thundley4

pintobean (14,920 posts)  Wed Oct 14, 2015, 08:10 PM

Woman (65) shoots burglary suspect in garage

ST. LOUIS (KTVI) - A homeowner in South St. Louis fought back against a burglar shooting the suspect twice. It happened in the city’s Dutchtown neighborhood. The attitude among neighbors in the 3800 block of Bingham Avenue seems to be “chalk one up for the good guys.” It happened around 9 pm Tuesday night. Neighbors believe the 65-year-old woman did the right thing when she shot the burglar.

Jessica Lunceford Brown lives just down the street, “I think the homeowner reacted the way I would have reacted with a burglar.” Neighbors say their residential area is fairly quiet. The last burglary folks remember here was three years ago.

Police said the woman and her 19-year-old son heard an alarm Tuesday night and went to their garage and discovered a 55-year-old man rummaging through some bags. The woman had a handgun and told the man to leave. Officers said he turned toward her, she feared he was coming at her so she fired a shot. The man and son began to fight and she fired again. The suspect was found with a gunshot wound to each leg later in another yard. Charlotte Lunceford said, “The homeowner has every right to protect what’s theirs if an intruder comes in obviously they shouldn’t be there you’re just protecting what’s yours.”
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027259146

guillaumeb (3,186 posts)
1. Is attempted burglary a death penalty offense?

Why did "Dirty Harriet" not call the police and let them handle the matter?

guillaumeb (3,186 posts)
13. And of course she knew that the response time would be that long?

And her phone did not work,

and she wanted to see if the gun was loaded,

and all those hours on the range are now justified?

guillaumeb (3,186 posts)
14. Yes. And if she HAD shot her son the story would be a bit different.

Or if she had killed either person.

guillaumeb (3,186 posts)
15. They responded to an alarm. They could have called the police

instead of confronting someone in the garage.

They escalated rather than avoid.

GGJohn (6,796 posts)
18. Sympathy for the burglar?

guillaumeb (3,186 posts)
23. Common sense to avoid an easily avoided situation that could have turned out

differently.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
guillaumeb (3,186 posts)
It is if you're in my house.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
These are the fearless warriors in the coming leftist revolution?  :hyper:

Offline 67 Rover

Shot in both legs? I recommend more range time.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Shot in both legs? I recommend more range time.

Exactly.  Whatever happened to center-of-mass shots? :confused:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
guillaumeb (3,186 posts)

You ***damn right it is.  I guess the shit stain guillaumeb missed the part about the guy "turning towards her" (and it wasn't to bid adieu).

As others have stated, ol' boy is lucky to be alive.  He damn sure wouldn't be had this happened at my house.

Deplorable since 2016

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
****ing morons.  Really, sympathy for the burglar? 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
guillaumeb (3,186 posts)

DUmmies always ask the wrong question?

How about: Why did the burglar value his own life so little?

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I often have grandchildren and others staying with me and it is my responsibility to protect them. If someone breaks in to my house I am assuming that they have weighted the odds and decided that it was worth dying for. The crook rolled the dice and crapped out.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
This is an appropriate spot to put this . . .

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I've been told by several LEOs in NYS that, if I ever have to shoot in self-defense, to make very sure that I kill the perp.  It's tough for a dead perp to sue you.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

I've been told by several LEOs in NYS that, if I ever have to shoot in self-defense, to make very sure that I kill the perp.  It's tough for a dead perp to sue you.
Sadly, their families can.  Think we have seen stories here about that.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jb2u11

If a guy breaks in I may not shoot him, if i'm in bed it would make sense to stay put, call the police, keep gun aimed at the door. If he comes in my room, he's dead. if he's just taking my TV  I would rather not shoot and have go through the hassle of clearing myself of wrongdoing. Could be legal expenses involved, lawsuit from burglars family members etc. 

But at the end of the day I have the right to shoot and would make sure he was dead.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Lady must have been shooting a mouse gun.
Hit  in both legs and still departs the area.
From what I read, none of the DUmbpmonkies whined about her not firing a "warning" shot.
I'm one of those nice guys that would fire a careful warning shot to center of mass.
I'm reasonably sure the crook would fall down in surrender, and not move a muscle. 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Shot once in each leg ?
It couldn't hurt any worse than a spear to the leg...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEmklTvAkbM[/youtube]

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline ROCKURWORLD

A lot of states have it in their laws that if you are cleared of any criminal laws during a shoot then you can't be sued in civil court.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
A lot of states have it in their laws that if you are cleared of any criminal laws during a shoot then you can't be sued in civil court.

It would be nice if the criminal was the one liable to being sued by the victim, and they had any money to pay off any judgement.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

Exactly. Play with fire and get burned.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
guillaumeb (3,186 posts)

Because she'd probably have been dead by the time they arrived.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline SVPete

guillaumeb (3,186 posts)

This crime-in-progress happened in the woman's garage, not in court in front of a judge and jury. A stupid and dishonest straw man argument.

Because she didn't want to bet her life on the slim chance that she would still be alive after the 10-20 minutes it would take for the police to get there, MORON!

Bottom line, the woman has her life, has her possessions, and (at least temporarily) rid her corner of the world of a thieving, murderous, thug. Once the police let her clean the mess the thug left behind in her garage, all is good.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

I probably should not be surprised that Libs/Progs so infatuated with playing political games with other people's money would also be good with playing political games with other people's lives, but DAY-UMM!!!, that's MORONIC!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Boudicca

She did nothing wrong.  OTOH, having a big dog works well too.  My Dad had brought home a reject from the Air Force AP K-9 unit training; Tina was adjudged not aggressive enough.  She was a great dog, a good sized German Shepherd, and all four of us little kids loved to play with her.  There was a wanna be burglar who broke into our garage one night.

My Dad never got out his gun, nor did he call the police.  He just opened the kitchen door that led into the garage and let Tina do her thing.  She was gone about five minutes.  The trespasser didn't manage to steal anything, but he did give our girl a large piece of her jeans complete with plenty of blood and bits of flesh.

One hopes the perp learned a valuable lesson.  Tina got a nice juicy bone out of the incident at any rate. :-)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Does the DUmmies' reaction really surprise any of you?
Ultra- liberal scum like them have ALWAYS sided with thieves, thugs, gangbangers, drug dealers, sexual predators, and other criminal vermin over decent, law- abiding citizens who stand up to them (Case in point: The shooting of Trayvon Martin). Lawyers among their ranks are the sort who usually rely on the argument "Well, sure, what my client did was technically wrong, but it's REALLY society that's to blame! My dear client has been oppressed and mistreated by society and acted in the only way he could! Surely, as a society built around social justice, we can't punish him for that, can we?"
It's a big part of the reason why, while I believe most areas of American society need a healthy balance of rational, moderate liberals and conservatives in power to try and come up with the best solutions for everyone, I believe liberals should have as little control as possible over our justice system.

Offline Boudicca

Does the DUmmies' reaction really surprise any of you?
Ultra- liberal scum like them have ALWAYS sided with thieves, thugs, gangbangers, drug dealers, sexual predators, and other criminal vermin over decent, law- abiding citizens who stand up to them (Case in point: The shooting of Trayvon Martin). Lawyers among their ranks are the sort who usually rely on the argument "Well, sure, what my client did was technically wrong, but it's REALLY society that's to blame! My dear client has been oppressed and mistreated by society and acted in the only way he could! Surely, as a society built around social justice, we can't punish him for that, can we?"
It's a big part of the reason why, while I believe most areas of American society need a healthy balance of rational, moderate liberals and conservatives in power to try and come up with the best solutions for everyone, I believe liberals should have as little control as possible over our justice system.

Nah, the only DUmmie reactions that surprise me, and most Cavers I will make bold enough to presume, are those wherein the DUmmie demonstrates a smidgen of common sense.  This happens like the flash of my boldly colored koi through our (currently) murk infested, algae scum laden outdoor pond.
Much like DUmmies, while the algae rules and render most of the koi invisible, they're in there doing their koi stuff.  The resultant cold weather clear off from the pond will show just how busy those little bastids have been, because there are always more baby koi than the turtles and catfish can eradicate.
I guess to get to the point, something I am often accused of obfuscating by my loving family, within the murky depths of DUmmieland there swim some freethinkers, and of course our beloved moles.  Despite the best efforts of Snapping Turtles and Catfish, some of these babies manage to escape unscathed.  Although, any post here which highlights their common sense makes them instantly vulnerable.
By the way, if you are in the southeastern section of Arizona and want some koi, we always have over 100 swimming around.  Hubby dug out the pond by manual labor (no illegals or others involved) and we laid in the tarp, filled it and stocked it with a meager 8 koi.  He's culled over a hundred, given another hundred or so away and they just keep a spawnin'.
Yes, I can take any topic and turn it somewhere else.  To reiterate my by now forgotten answer, Movie buff, no, doubt none of us are surprised with the reactions of those less intellectually gifted than your average monkey flinging poo at the visitors to the zoo.  And we DO have a rational libertarian type or three running in the R primary, so with any luck our idiot in charge will not be allowed to foist his shrouded scum progeny a la Biden or Hilarity onto the rest of us.  We must channel our inner snapping turtles and catfish at the polls!!
Zombie, Chris, lookee, par
a
graphs
 :rofl:

Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline freedumb2003b

****ing morons.  Really, sympathy for the burglar?

I am ambivalent, but you have to hope that the Universe visits upon them a burglar who, rather than just staying in the garage, breaks down their door and attacks them leaving them grievously harmed.

THEN tell us how you could have just called the cops.  Remember: when seconds count the cops are minutes away.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.