Author Topic: Bitter old Cali asks a stupid question.  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Bitter old Cali asks a stupid question.
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027076721

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 09:19 AM

Star Member cali (103,735 posts)

does anyone outside of a minority group that has historically and currently
suffered from bigotry, have the standing or right or whatever you wish to call it, to criticise members of that group regarding that bigotry and associated actions or definitions?

Are earwigs a minority group now?

Response to cali (Original post)

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 09:28 AM

WDIM (912 posts)
1. People of all colors have and do suffer from bigotry.

Where you are determines if you are a minority and also determines the type of bigotry that is present.

Criticising no.

Having a debate and an understanding of what bigotry is yes.

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 09:39 AM

Bluenorthwest (36,975 posts)
3. In my experience that is a moot question because those critics feel entitled to criticize so calling

them for having no standing is pointless. Assume that they will do so, be prepared for it. I mean, any honest person can take a look at DU's reception to LGBT activism and see clearly that straight people have no problem at all lecturing us about how we should do what. Many people who very strongly support the tactics used by Black Lives Matter are on record very strongly condemning LGBT activists for using those tactics and on record giving absolute rejections of the tactics themselves. That demonstrates huge bias. It is not just one or two people either. It's many, many.

With LGBT issues, you will find that Straight Religious people will preach at us all day long, even if they are in the wrong. We have been shredded for criticism of the Pope, of Rick Warren, of Donnie 'they are vampires' McClurkin. Days before the Inaugural, Rick Warren called us all pedophiles and we were told to accept that, because Barack loves Ricky. Barack, who went to pander to Ricky's people to the cheers of his supporters.
Double Standards make me sick.

You know,I am beginning to think Bluenorthwest might just be a flamer.

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 10:06 AM

Erich Bloodaxe BSN (10,196 posts)
5. The end result of saying 'no' is to proclaim that any action taken is legitimate.

Including bombings, murders, terrorism.

If you can't criticize those actions, it legitimizes them.

I think there is a more universal opportunity to say that certain things are wrong, independent of why someone might be doing them. It is wrong to murder, no matter your reason. You might stop multiple murders, but it's still wrong, just like torturing the terrorist in the ticking time bomb scenario.

So the question is not 'How does this act serve a purpose', but simply 'Is this act morally wrong', no matter what the intended purpose?

Unless they are a towel head that is.

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 AM

Star Member WinkyDink (44,052 posts)
7. People do it all the time with Jews.

Well yeah,remember that the left hates them.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: Bitter old Cali asks a stupid question.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:49 AM »
Cali asking a stupid question is equivalent to the sun rising in the east. It's to be expected.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 10:10:52 AM »
It's too bad DUmmy Bravenak has been muzzled, she can always be counted on to get totally hysterical when this subject comes up.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:01 AM »
Damn! All their victim groups are rising up against them.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
Damn! All their victim groups are rising up against them.

Cindie

Except for the disabled. If they could get out of those wheelchairs...
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
Except for the disabled. If they could get out of those wheelchairs...

Not for lack of trying.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRV5Y1JCGRI[/youtube]
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 01:54:38 PM »
It's too bad DUmmy Bravenak has been muzzled, she can always be counted on to get totally hysterical when this subject comes up.

I do believe the Bravenak has been "borrowed" the sock account Starry Messenger for the time being
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 02:35:11 PM »

Not for lack of trying.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRV5Y1JCGRI[/youtube]

:lol:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.