Author Topic: McCain in my town today...  (Read 662 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
McCain in my town today...
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »
Yes, my hometown, little ol Rochester, where nothing ever happens, unless you count that loony Masshole who took hostages at Hillary's office last November, the bear in the tree downtown for 15 hours, got a visit from Senator McCain today.

No, I didn't go.  Funny how work kinda interferes with that.  Yes, all the satellite trucks were still in front of the Rochester Opera House when I came home this afternoon.

Story HERE

McCain bashes Obama, rallies supporters at Opera House

By ROBERT M. COOK
bcook@fosters.com

Article Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008

<excerpt>

ROCHESTER — As much as Arizona Sen. John McCain loves his home state, he told 700 supporters at the Rochester Opera House Tuesday "coming back to New Hampshire is also like coming home."

The Republican presidential candidate also wasted little time at the Town Meeting event before he again went on the attack against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate.

If Obama had his way and the 147,000 U.S. soldiers in Iraq were withdrawn in March and the surge in troops had never occurred, McCain said, "My friends, that would have been a catastrophe for the United States of America."

McCain repeatedly said the surge of some 20,000 additional troops in Iraq has greatly reduced sectarian violence and American casualties over the last year. McCain criticized Obama, who was in Jordan on Tuesday and scheduled to visit in Israel Wednesday, for not supporting the surge.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford