Author Topic: So let me get this straight... MannyGoldstein  (Read 751 times)

Offline CC27

So let me get this straight... MannyGoldstein
« on: July 27, 2015, 03:24:47 PM »
Star Member MannyGoldstein (33,001 posts)

So let me get this straight...

Hillary Clinton claims that using her own unsecure private email account was OK, in part because she sent no classified information and thus her emails didn't need to be secure.

Yesterday, the NY Times claimed that two inspectors general of the State Department asked the DOJ to open a criminal investigation on Hillary Clinton because she did indeed send classified information using that her own private email account.

Today I'm told that the reality is totally different: yes, the inspectors found that 10% of 40 emails sampled from from Hillary's private account did contain classified information that is illegal to send over private email. But they don't know if Hillary knew the info was classified.

So it looks like roughly 10% of Hillary's private emails contained classified info which should not have been sent using private email, but we don't know if Hillary did this on purpose. Whew, no problem there.

So if Hillary wins our primaries, she'll have a great answer when her Republican points out that as SoS she sent thousands of personal emails containing national secrets, she'll have a great answer: "I didn't know they were state secrets"

OK.

(Not to mention that using a single private account set up by Goddess-knows-who for all of her State Department and personal business is, on its face, about the craziest thing I ever heard of, but I understand that I'm one of a very few who feels this way.)

Skins will not like this at all.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251473481

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: So let me get this straight... MannyGoldstein
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »
Skins will not like this at all.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251473481

My good pal Manny's just pulling the primitives' legs.

Unlike the now-gone NYC_SKP primitive, Skippy, Manny while smart beyond reason, realizes he's not as smart as the professional Democrats, who know better what the Democrat party needs, than does either he or Skippy.

Manny is the true exemplar of "humility is the beginning of wisdom."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »
Oh, Hillary has a ton of baggage and if somebody can come along and out maneuver her then Dem leaders will let it happen like they did with Dear Leader in 08.

But Bernie will never, ever, in a billion years, be that somebody.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 04:09:50 PM »
When the DUches start making sense there is a granite pizza in their future.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Oh, Hillary has a ton of baggage and if somebody can come along and out maneuver her then Dem leaders will let it happen like they did with Dear Leader in 08.

It's going to be Valerie Jarrett behind Slow Joe Biden.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »
How does that cliché go again ? "Ignorantia juris non excusat" ?? Seems MG swerved right into the truth there.  You are correct in your assessment CC27.. Skins is not going to like this at all.  :rofl:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »

I wouldn't say it's as far-fetched as those of us who are rational believe.  I heard today that 2/3 of the Millennials think the Iran deal is actually a good thing.  They love Bernie, as do a lot of middle-aged and otherwise-Centrist or merely-Liberal (As opposed to outright barking moonbat) Dems I know on FB.

Of course the ability to reason like that explains why Millennials are also the generation that graduates with a high C average after five years with a BA in some fluffy, useless bullshit humanities field owing $120,000 in student debt and then gets a angry sad when they realize they have to pay it back for the rest of their lives.

This country is doomed.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 08:10:56 AM »
Recursion (39,975 posts)
31. Why did you add "unsecure" there?

Is there any evidence the email server did not meet CCB standards?

Recursion (39,975 posts)
35. Configuration Control Board. The government regulations about computer systems.

They control how servers and software must be set up for US Government use, to control both lifecycle costs and security. Since you called it "unsecure" you seem to be implying that it did not meet those standards.

Show us the ATO on her system then, dipshit. Unless you have it, or an IATO, your little CCB comment doesn't mean dick.

<---Did certification and accreditation work for the DIACAP program. Unlike you, who probably Googled that shit, I know what I'm talking about. Her system didn't go through ANY C&A because no one knew the the damn thing existed. Other agencies have the same types of programs as the DoD.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:13:13 AM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 08:20:02 AM »
Quote from: Recursion (39,975 posts)
35. Configuration Control Board. The government regulations about computer systems.

They control how servers and software must be set up for US Government use, to control both lifecycle costs and security. Since you called it "unsecure" you seem to be implying that it did not meet those standards.

Being the server wasn't in any way connected to govt controlled switches and routers automatically means it fails DUmbass. Because Clinton's server could be connected to from the internet at large without passing through any govt property first also means it fails. Compliance isn't a matter of sticking some virus checker software on the box and hoping for the best.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »
Being the server wasn't in any way connected to govt controlled switches and routers automatically means it fails DUmbass. Because Clinton's server could be connected to from the internet at large without passing through any govt property first also means it fails. Compliance isn't a matter of sticking some virus checker software on the box and hoping for the best.

What?  You mean adding Kaspersky to her server wasn't enough!!!  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 08:31:20 AM »
What?  You mean adding Kaspersky to her server wasn't enough!!!  ::)

Stunning revelation, isn't it ?   :rofl:

BTW, lurking DUmbasses -- in case you think I'm talking out of my ass -- here is some more data for you.

http://64.94.172.146.ipaddress.com/   -- this is her server's IP - contains a lot of interesting data, including where its located.

http://www.internap.com/  -- this is the colocation center the server is connected to - do you see any indication that Internap is a government contractor ?  No ? I didn't think so. Not to malign Internap - they are an excellent company to do business with - but it IS NOT a government asset.