Author Topic: Obama the Eloquent Orator  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Jim

Obama the Eloquent Orator
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:48:41 AM »
(from Boortz)

Last night Obama had to field an off-the-cuff question from ABC News: "If you had it to do over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

Well .. there was a small problem. This was not a question that Barack's handlers had prepared him for. He had no script. He had to ad lib, and for Obama that's not good. Sit down folks. Here is Barack's answer. See if you can make any sense at all out of this. Remember, this is the man who wants to be our Commander in Chief responding to a question dealing with military matters. So ... we at the Nuze are now proud to present Obama's answer to the difficult question "If you had to do it over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge:"
"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."

Wow! Now that's just amazing! What off-the-cuff eloquence! This guy is really sharp. Now we all know why Barack Obama would still vote against the surge ... the troop surge that worked.

Lordy, folks. We have to get over this mass hysteria and start to get serious about selecting our next president. This is just getting ridiculouser and ridiculouser.

My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Flame

Re: Obama the Eloquent Orator
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »
wonder if there is video of this one yet...

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:11:23 AM »
Wow. I can't wait to see him in a townhall off teleprompter.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »
(from Boortz)

Last night Obama had to field an off-the-cuff question from ABC News: "If you had it to do over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

Well .. there was a small problem. This was not a question that Barack's handlers had prepared him for. He had no script. He had to ad lib, and for Obama that's not good. Sit down folks. Here is Barack's answer. See if you can make any sense at all out of this. Remember, this is the man who wants to be our Commander in Chief responding to a question dealing with military matters. So ... we at the Nuze are now proud to present Obama's answer to the difficult question "If you had to do it over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge:"
"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."

Wow! Now that's just amazing! What off-the-cuff eloquence! This guy is really sharp. Now we all know why Barack Obama would still vote against the surge ... the troop surge that worked.

Lordy, folks. We have to get over this mass hysteria and start to get serious about selecting our next president. This is just getting ridiculouser and ridiculouser.

:rotf: hi5

it is unbelievable isn't it???

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »
and him settin over there in the mid-east in one of them golden chairs lookin all presidential and stuff!  :rotf: :lmao: :tongue:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:23:42 AM »

I think I heard a new dem talking point this morning;  the dems remain opposed to the iraq war, even if it
HAS ALREADY BEEN WON, because it has "destroyed our stature in the world"*.  thus, we need a "fresh start",
and to "turn the page", and any of a half dozen other similar worthless catchhrases.

*horseshit.  the only alternative to winning a war is losing a war.

Offline Jim

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:35:59 AM »

I think I heard a new dem talking point this morning;  the dems remain opposed to the iraq war, even if it
HAS ALREADY BEEN WON, because it has "destroyed our stature in the world"*.  thus, we need a "fresh start",
and to "turn the page", and any of a half dozen other similar worthless catchhrases.

its a real bitch taking a dead wrong stance and refusing to budge year after year.  leaves you looking stupid.

in BHO's case, clearly an affirmative action kid at Harvard.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »
Based on WE's comment above, what in the hell do they expect? The only logical conclusion for that train of thought is..............freaking scary.

We can all just start bending over now.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:47:20 AM »

its a real bitch taking a dead wrong stance and refusing to budge year after year.  leaves you looking stupid.

in BHO's case, clearly an affirmative action kid at Harvard.

they are actually, ACTUALLY trying to make the case that now that mccain is willing to consider a drawdown
at some undefined point in the future now that the thing appears to be won, that NOW HE HAS COME OVER
TO OBAMA'S WAY OF THINKING . . . . .

the mudder-flocking nerve of these people.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
Based on WE's comment above, what in the hell do they expect? The only logical conclusion for that train of thought is..............freaking scary.

it was a pretty insane morning on the scarborough show.  another obama phukpuppet, when he was asked
if obama should just admit that he was wrong on the surge, replied, (I am paraphrasing, but tightly), "no, because
the bottom line is that the american people don't care . . . " [if the surge worked or not].

ok, so , the surge is the reason the war is being won, but the american public doesn't care if we win or lose a war.

riiiiiight.  gotcha.  good luck selling that one.

Offline Jim

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

they are actually, ACTUALLY trying to make the case that now that mccain is willing to consider a drawdown
at some undefined point in the future now that the thing appears to be won, that NOW HE HAS COME OVER

it must be nice that libs will believe whatever they're told. 
especially when they're all tingly in the loins.

I'm beginning to think BHO is the antichrist....

Offline Jim

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »

it was a pretty insane morning on the scarborough show.  another obama phukpuppet, when he was asked
if obama should just admit that he was wrong on the surge, replied, (I am paraphrasing, but tightly), "no, because
the bottom line is that the american people don't care . . . " [if the surge worked or not].

ok, so , the surge is the reason the war is being won, but the american public doesn't care if we win or lose a war.

riiiiiight.  gotcha.  good luck selling that one.

oh brother...

Congress kept approving Dubya's war approriations because the people wanted a win.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »

it must be nice that libs will believe whatever they're told. 
especially when they're all tingly in the loins.

I'm beginning to think BHO is the antichrist....

I think the liberals see defeating bush, and my extension, mccain, with religious-like fervor.  and they are willing
to do anything that it takes to see that happen;  the ends would justify any means required.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
Well we have the facts on our side. Not to mention that it's damned hard to revise history in today's world of technology.

The zealots and idjits will believe what they want to believe. Especially with a compliant media pimping the Oooobama. I think a lot of reasonable folks in the middle see through it though.

Offline Jim

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »

I think the liberals see defeating bush, and my extension, mccain, with religious-like fervor.  and they are willing
to do anything that it takes to see that happen;  the ends would justify any means required.

dead right on the money.

Offline Jim

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 03:00:49 PM »
Well we have the facts on our side. Not to mention that it's damned hard to revise history in today's world of technology.

The zealots and idjits will believe what they want to believe. Especially with a compliant media pimping the Oooobama. I think a lot of reasonable folks in the middle see through it though.

Yes and we have to continue to believe that enough of the mushy middle have sufficient grey cells to put 2 and 2 together.  Given the tightness of the race all through the early early stages I'm encouraged.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »

We may have the facts on our side, but teh Omamassiah is finding it all to easy to revise history, in grand, Big Brother-esque fashion, no less.  A statement rolls out of his mouth that contradicts an earlier pronouncement from teh Obamassiah, and his minions at the Obama Ministry of Truth (aka his campaign website) either erase completely, or alter the offending historical record.  And of course, the Mainstream Propaganda Organs, having teh Obamassiah's website hot-linked to their sickening love letters to teh Obamassiah, update their articles to reflect Obama as the steadfast bedrock upon which they are built.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »
Uh, even uh, David uh Letterman sees the uh Barack Hussein Obama uh eloquence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw

The MSM uh is way past its uh heyday uh Barack Hussein Obama is uh electable.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »

another quote from the orator of eloquence today;

"You know, it's always a bad practice to say 'always' or 'never.'"

:rotf:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 08:28:55 PM »
I finally got to listen to that soundbite Rush played today.  Incredible.  Simply incredible.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 12:59:01 AM »

more oration from The BarackStar!

With his media pack poised for a gaffe Obama stuck largely to a news-free spiel, though did make one faux pas.

"Israel is a strong friend of Israel's," he said, in a statement that even his opponents could not quibble with.

link

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 08:14:15 AM »
Wow. Bush may mangle the English language from time to time, but at least he knows policy and isn't some wet-behind-the-ears flim flam man.

Offline Jim

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
Wow. Bush may mangle the English language from time to time, but at least he knows policy and isn't some wet-behind-the-ears flim flam man.

And even when he does, you know whats he's trying to say.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 11:02:59 AM »

And even when he does, you know whats he's trying to say.

The difference with teh Obamassiah, is that you CAN'T BELIEVE he's actually trying to propose what he's trying to say....
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.