Author Topic: randys1 educates a prole  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Mary Ann

randys1 educates a prole
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251427488

For some reason, my computer is being a total jerk, and won't let me c & p the actual post. But, I brought the link over because this guy seriously ticks me off!

Here's this poor older dude, probably standing behind the counter because he enjoys talking to people, and likes to have a little extra change in his pocket. And he is getting harassed by randys1 for 20 minutes about Bernie Sanders. Makes me think of that mosquito that buzzes around your head in the middle of the night.

Offline ChuckJ

Re: randys1 educates a prole
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:21 AM »
Response to Ms. Yertle (Reply #1)Mon Jul 6, 2015, 12:07 PM
randys1 (7,848 posts)
2. Which is why I only asked him if he had heard of Bernie, I didnt ask him why he was working, I

simply mentioned that Bernie Sanders is trying to make things so people dont HAVE to work, which is when he mentioned some reasons why he had to work.

I guess my OP title is misleading , i didnt come out and ASK him why he was working , i crafted the conversation so he could tell me if he felt comfortable doing so while I educated him on Bernie and the left in general.

I guess if Bernie is elected president everyone can just sit on their asses while money is miracled to them.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »
Now that the current Messiah has crapped out on them they are looking for a new one, I guess.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:34:08 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251427488

For some reason, my computer is being a total jerk, and won't let me c & p the actual post. But, I brought the link over because this guy seriously ticks me off!

Here's this poor older dude, probably standing behind the counter because he enjoys talking to people, and likes to have a little extra change in his pocket. And he is getting harassed by randys1 for 20 minutes about Bernie Sanders. Makes me think of that mosquito that buzzes around your head in the middle of the night.

Here's the CP:

randys1 (7,849 posts)

Stopped in 7-11, 70 yr old man behind the counter, I wanted to know WHY!
I started off by saying "Have you heard of Bernie Sanders?"

He said maybe; I then said that he needed to give him a look and a listen because Bernie didnt want people his age to have to work to survive.

He liked that.

He was a veteran and wasn't getting the benefits he needed and was in the middle of working on that.

I tried to steer the conversation back to Bernie and stayed with him for 20 minutes, waiting in between customers to restart the conversation.

I told him about the cap on income on social security and that Bernie wanted to strengthen Social Security, not weaken it.

And when I left I said "Remember that name, Bernie Sanders"

As is usually the case, he wanted to talk about himself, so I kept pointing out how his issues and Bernie's positions, connected.

I mentioned at least once that on many of the issues Hillary was good as well and that both of them were far better than the alternative.

I dont think a 70 yr old veteran should have to work at 7-11 to survive, but that is just me.

What a bullshit bouncy. A 70-year-old veteran. OK, that's plausible. What is not plausible is how someone that old  "wasn't getting the benefits he needed." What, did he just leave the service?

And in CLASSIC randys1 fashion: "As is usually the case, he wanted to talk about himself..." Because when Randy Shaw talks to you, it's all about him and his issues. I will hazard a guess that the "70-year-old" who "wanted to talk about himself" was saying things like, "thanks for stopping in, I need to get back to work," or "I need to serve the people behind you," or some other thing that had the effect of shutting dipshit Randy down.

What an asshole. I hope randys1 is killed in a convenience store robbery.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 11:54:08 AM »
Thanks for posting that! Any idea what wrong with my laptop?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »

Couldn't say. ^5 for the randys1 goodness, however.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 12:38:51 PM »
I wonder if rancid randynumber bothered to ask the clerk if he had signed up for VA benifits.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »

It might have a good security program that is protecting you from industrial strength stupid.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »
It might have a good security program that is protecting you from industrial strength stupid.
:-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »
70 year old man on arriving home---"There was this loud mouthed fag today that kept pestering me."

Wife---"What was he saying?"

Man---"Talking about that lunatic running for President"

Wife---"Hillary?"

Man---"No,the commie from Vermont."

Wife---"What did you finally do?"

Man---"Told him that even though I was 70,I was a veteran and would kick his queer ass across the street if he didn`t shut up."

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »
If you are using a wireless mouse, maybe a battery change might help..
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 05:20:22 PM »
If you are using a wireless mouse, maybe a battery change might help..
I'm not using a mouse.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »
I'm not using a mouse.

Try hitting the "ESC" button a few times in case your clipboard is full. 

Then "Ctrl C" "Ctrl V" to cut and paste.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 05:38:46 PM »
Try hitting the "ESC" button a few times in case your clipboard is full. 

Then "Ctrl C" "Ctrl V" to cut and paste.
Thanks!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »
I guess if Bernie is elected president everyone can just sit on their asses while money is miracled to them.

You mean, there's another way? 

Nah........   :stoner: :stoner:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 07:36:50 PM »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 08:24:01 PM »
I'm not using a mouse.

My browser is Chrome and every once in a while it will just shut down copy/paste.

The only fix I know is to close it and reopen a new tab.

I've never had that happen with Explorer, but haven't used it much for a long time.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »
My browser is Chrome and every once in a while it will just shut down copy/paste.

The only fix I know is to close it and reopen a new tab.

I've never had that happen with Explorer, but haven't used it much for a long time.

I use Chrome also and have had C&P stop working, but only on DU, no other sites that I checked it on.  Maybe it's their outdated software causing the glitches.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Read Randy1 this AM before I went off to play golf.  Just getting back and so glad it got posted.  Comedy gold.  First, you can be a veteran and be seventy years old and not get any benefits.  Just means you served a 181 days  active plus reserve, a  two, four, or six year hitch and have no service connected disability. Your get the undying thanks of a grateful nation and that is about it save maybe National Defense Medal and very little else. (OK, the GI Bill, extra points for Civil Service, maybe a GI Loan and conversion of your life insurance (did I miss anything?)).   Randy was spinning and smoking the tires for DUmp_cred. 

And we are learning as the days go by lots of DUmp monkeys are sobering up to the fact that when they voted for Ba_lack Obama they actually got Whiteobie Obama, his evil twin.  Whiteobie dished dirt to the PoC like OSBM, and; although they aren't all over him like white on Uncle Ben's rice, they are not going to be hosed again. Barney the old white jooooooo with the bad hair_DU may not be winning over the PoC since they know he came from Hymietown to all white VT.  Folk like Randy1 know all about the Jooooo's ability with loaves and fishes, or a Hundo. :rotf: :lmao:  He will conjure up the cash and everyone will be on easy street.  They got even more hope for even more dope from Barney.  He's going to grab the cash from the rotten one percent.  And every one will get the pony (or some part of it).As HowWierd Dean might say "YeaaaaaaaaaH!!!"
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 09:50:56 PM »
Great thread.
Great replies.
So far, ChuckJ is the MVP of the thread.

The lurking DUmmies could learn a thing or 2 from this thread about dissecting the posts of DUmmie BS artists on DU.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
apres moi, le deluge