Author Topic: DU Finally Addresses Epidemic of White Folks Touching Black Folks' Hair  (Read 3434 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member Cali_Democrat (24,341 posts)

Dear white people, please don't touch a black person's hair....or anyone's hair without permission
Black people are not pets

-----------------------------------------

Teyonah Parris Promptly Put An 'Old Man' In His Place After He Inappropriately Touched Her Hair

It's been said so many times, you would think it was common knowledge: Don't touch a black woman's hair, or a black man's hair, or anyone's hair at that -- especially without permission.

Sadly, some people are still grappling with practicing common sense and have to learn some lessons the hard way. That is precisely what happened this week when actress Teyonah Parris was approached by an overzealous stranger who couldn't keep his hands to himself.

On Monday, the "Mad Men" actress, who usually wears her hair in beautifully elaborate natural styles, was out dining with friends when she said an "old man" approached her and grabbed her hair. Not only did she put the rude man in his place, she also publicly shared the shocking ordeal via her Twitter account.

Here's a recount of what Parris said happened (our jaws are still on the floor):

(bunch of some asshole woman's tweets deleted...you're welcome)

FINALLY we're talking about the 500 pound elephant in the room (not you, Lynne...we did you yesterday): white people touching black women's hair. I mean, who among us doesn't find a black woman every day, just so we can touch her hair?

B2G (5,023 posts)
1. One crazy old coot warrants a general warning to white people? (Right??)

Response to B2G (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 11, 2015, 05:07 PM

2. Yes. You'll be surprised how often this happens to black people (The racist FBI just doesn't keep stats on it.)

and it's usually white people doing the touching. (Myself, I have to travel with Handi Wipes just so I can deal with all the black women's hair I touch)

Response to Cali_Democrat (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 11, 2015, 05:09 PM

B2G (5,023 posts)
4. Well I am surprised.

Completely shocked in fact. I've never witnessed such a thing.

Chances are this man was suffering from some sort of mental ailment. (Then what's his DU handle?)

Response to B2G (Reply #4)

Thu Jun 11, 2015, 05:29 PM

Star Member BainsBane (31,830 posts)
11. We have seen enough discussion about black hair on this website

that you shouldn't be surprised that it translates to real life behavior as well.
You also might consider that the fact you aren't African American means you aren't in a position to see it very often.  (It's a discussion about hair, not udders, DD. Pipe down.)

Seriously: WTF?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:02:50 PM by BannedFromDU »
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DLR Pyro

FIANLLY we're talking about the 500 pound elephant in the room (not you, Lynne...we did you yesterday): white people touching black women's hair. I mean, who among us doesn't find a black woman every day, just so we can touch her hair?

This is and has been a big problem for decades and I'm glad someone at the DUmp has had the courage to come forward and shine a spotlight on this festering sore (thank you Cali_Dumocrat). 

I personally feel this to be an even bigger threat to National Security than islamic terrorism and glowbull warming combined. :panic:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

What in Hades??????

Sounds like a femto-tempest in search of a teapot.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
What in Hades??????

Sounds like a femto-tempest in search of a teapot.

Maybe Zimmerman was just trying to touch St. Trayvon's hair, and St. Trayvon flipped.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

Maybe Zimmerman was just trying to touch St. Trayvon's hair, and St. Trayvon flipped.
You may be on some ....... errrrrr ........on to something, there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

How brave of her!  She should probably win an award for bravery from ESPN or the President or something!  /sarc.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

beautifully elaborate natural styles,

:whistling:

Damn "nappy headed ho's"R.

A registered trademark or liberal icon Don Imus.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
:whistling:

Damn "nappy headed ho's"R.

A registered trademark or liberal icon Don Imus.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Dear white people, please don't touch a black person's hair

Gross.

Offline Delmar

Response to B2G (Reply #4)Thu Jun 11, 2015, 02:00 PM
LanternWaste (21,480 posts)
25. We often fail to see that which invalidates our biases...

We often fail to see that which invalidates our biases. Hence, I'm not surprised you've never seen it happen... regardless of how many times you've observed it happening

I was just about to say that I have never seen it, but come to find out I have observed it lots of times but I didn't see it because it invalidates my biases.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I was just about to say that I have never seen it, but come to find out I have observed it lots of times but I didn't see it because it invalidates my biases.

The DUmmy is right. Now that I think of it, I've seen it happen.

But it's always on an episode of Cops, and the touching is with a nightstick.

Offline I_B_Perky

So does that mean open season on their silicon injected asses, Dummie?   :lmao:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
One old white guy touches a black woman's hair: DUmmies cry "hair rape" and generalize it to the point of seeing bears in every bush.

Blacks in cities across the US attack people at random in The Knockout Game, or target whites for violence as Polar Bear Hunting: crickets.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Mr Mannn

Dear white people, please don't touch a black person's hair....or anyone's hair without permission
Black people are not pets

Fabulous Movie Star Member Mr Mannn (Millions and millions served)

Dear Black People. Don't touch my stuff. It's not yours.
Do not Carjack my car. Do not break into my home. Do not take my stuff.
Or I'll shoot your a$$!
And believe me, going to hell will be a LOT worse than having someone touch your hair.

Offline Lacarnut

Could not pay me enough to touch their hair. Lice, fleas and other insects would be my major concern. 

Offline landofconfusion80

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGM-zbWI5eo[/youtube]

You'd think they wouldn't act so surprised if this happened all the time
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:06:35 PM by landofconfusion80 »
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline freedumb2003b

Dear black men, please don't date our white women.

Dear black women, please don't... ah, nevermind, it is so rare as not to need to be addressed.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities

Dear black women, please don't... ah, nevermind, it is so rare as not to need to be addressed.

They don't really date white women so much as they take advantage of them, use them up, throw them away, and disappear from their lives.
One of my down the street neighbors got pregnant by a black guy while she was in high school.
Now she has a mulatto daughter, and the father hasn't been seen since.
Nice job black guys.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline freedumb2003b

They don't really date white women so much as they take advantage of them, use them up, throw them away, and disappear from their lives.
One of my down the street neighbors got pregnant by a black guy while she was in high school.
Now she has a mulatto daughter, and the father hasn't been seen since.
Nice job black guys.

SOP
IOW: White chicks enjoy the myth of the rebellion Mandingo thing combined with the bad boy thing than common sense.

These are the same women that write love letters to murderers in prison.

You do have to ask why BM:WF is about 1000% more prevalent than WM:BF.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:35:46 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

An SVPete :bouncy: (it's true, but using :bouncy: on myself appeals to my half-caffeinated sense of humor) ...

Chatted last night with my daughter who is in China. Many Chinese people there will ask random Westerners to pose with them in two-person selfies, or even surreptitiously take cell phone pix of Westerners. And hair salon people almost freak out when my daughter walks in, because her hair is curly. And children ... "Mommy! A foreigner!" (my daughter is learning Mandarin, so she understands the exclamations).

It's not racism, it's just that in the very large (>2M people) city where she lives Westerners aren't very common. So most people there see very few Westerners, and may be seeing a Westerner for the first time. IOW, their surprise and curiosity overcome their more normal reserve. I doubt perpetual victims such as those on DU would recognize the analogy of her experiences and the extremely rare occasions when a white adult or child touches a black person's hair. For her part, my daughter is bemused and appreciates the chances to get to know people.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

I think the opening line in the DUmmy's post is a quote from this pretentious POS movie that came out a year or so ago called 'Dear White People.'
(I saw trailers for it, I wouldn't see the movie itself if you paid me)

Offline lastparker

A good friend of mine in high school was black, and I remember her complaining all the time about strangers walking up and touching her hair. However, the strangers were ALWAYS black females, who were fascinated with her straightened, short hair. NEVER once did a white person touch her hair, and I remember being shocked that this was happening.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Dear black people,
Please stop claiming that white people can't dance.
I know that your idiotic "Comedians" like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock love trotting out that stereotype for cheap laughs (Nothing like a little anti- white hatemongering to help bolster a mediocre comedian's mediocre stand- up act), but it's simply not true.
 In real life, it's that white people often just aren't very good at dancing the way you guys often dance.
Try watching a performance of Swan Lake, or better yet, Lord of the Dance, then start talking about how white people supposedly can't dance. I'd imagine if you guys tried the dancing seen in those kinds of performances, most of you would look every bit as ridiculous and inept as you think white people look when they're trying your styles of dancing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:06:11 PM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline jukin

Hey I'm sorry but my four digit  "White Privilege Card" says I get to rub any black persons hair and they have to supply a paper towel, a good one, and a moist toilette to get the oil of my hand. I also have a Gerry Curl  rider. Kind of like my early American Airlines frequent flyer card that gets me into the Admirals Club and on the plane first.

White Privilege Express, don't go to a leftist black hell hole without it....and your 1911.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
I have never seen anyone touch someone's hair.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du