Author Topic: Let Down By Obama Blacks Wondering If It's Worth It to Back Clinton  (Read 1358 times)

Offline libertybele

Ta Da.  Black voters finally get it.  They made history, but they didn't get change; at least the change that they thought they were going to get. Obama never intended to help the blacks.  His intent was to exploit them to fulfill his agenda and to line his pockets. Hopefully blacks will have another "ta da" moment and realize that Democrat president LBJ's promise of a "Great Society" was nothing more than to exploit them to ensure their Democratic votes in the future. 

Let down by Obama, some black voters ask: Is it even worth backing Clinton?

Jacksonville, Fla. — During those two electric Novembers, the chance to elect a black president, and then keep him in office, seized Regenia Motley’s neighborhood...

...But as Motley and some friends sought shade recently under a mulberry tree and looked across the landscape of empty lots and abandoned houses that has persisted here, they wondered whether they would ever bother voting again.

“What was the point?” asked Motley, 23, a grocery store clerk. “We made history, but I don’t see change.”

On Jacksonville’s north side and in other struggling urban neighborhoods across the country, where Barack Obama mobilized large numbers of new African American voters who were inspired partly by the emotional draw of his biography, high hopes have turned to frustration: Even a black president was unable to heal places still gripped by violence, drugs and joblessness.

The dynamic, made prominent in recent months after unrest in Baltimore and Ferguson, Mo., sets up a stark challenge for Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner...

...Yet as her allies prepare to register voters and expand the black electorate, her candidacy presents residents here with a question: If Obama’s presidency didn’t do more to help African Americans, then how could hers?...

...Still, polls show a gap between the positive feelings black voters have for Clinton and those they hold for Obama.

A Washington Post-ABC News poll released last week found that 75 percent of African Americans thought that Clinton understood the problems of “people like you,” as opposed to 91 percent who felt that way about Obama in a survey last fall.

“At least with Obama, he gave pride to our young men and was a good role model,” said Daniel “Happy Jack” Cobb Jr., 73, the owner of Happy Jack’s Grocery and Market on Jacksonville’s north side. “Hillary needs to prove to us that she’s genuine and really true. And I’m not even sure that would help. We’ve been snakebitten too many times before.”...

...But now, as the Obama era draws to a close, that excitement has dimmed.

On the north side, gang violence and drug use have surged. In April, 33 Jacksonville residents were shot, including seven who were killed. A group of pastors held a news conference and declared the city a “war zone.”

For the friends who gathered recently to hang out in the shade of the mulberry tree, it will be hard to justify the effort of turning out and voting next year when so little has changed — and some things feel worse....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/disappointment-in-obama-leads-some-blacks-to-ask-is-voting-even-worth-it/2015/06/09/5922363c-052b-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html?hpid=z1

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Let Down By Obama Blacks Wondering If It's Worth It to Back Clinton
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »
'Change'... into what, exactly?

Blacks in Jacksonville are disappointed that The Lightbringer didn't deliver them from the wilderness and make them rich with other people's money.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »
'Change'... into what, exactly?

Blacks in Jacksonville are disappointed that The Lightbringer didn't deliver them from the wilderness and make them rich with other people's money.

Blacks would have voted for obozo even if he called for a return to slavery.

obozo was a neutron bomb on the black community.  The unemployment rates are so much worse from when he took office that if a white POTUS were to inflict such damag it would have been considered and act of War.

Just wait for the $15/hour minimum wage hits in liberal areas -- the people of color unemployment rate will become stratospheic.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »
The Hildabeast will not get anywhere near the number of votes that Obama got. That will be a big problem. I am waiting for her and the left wingers to support reparations. That should doom her.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »
Blacks would have voted for obozo even if he called for a return to slavery.

obozo was a neutron bomb on the black community.  The unemployment rates are so much worse from when he took office that if a white POTUS were to inflict such damag it would have been considered and act of War.

Just wait for the $15/hour minimum wage hits in liberal areas -- the people of color unemployment rate will become stratospheic.

It won't just be 'people of color' everyone will suffer equally at the hands of the 'fair minimum wage'. How's that 'Hope and Change' now DUches?
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »
She'll care about Black concerns deeply and sincerely right up until the second Wednesday in November, 2016.  Still, I'm sure a lot of Black women will vote for her, Black men not so much.  Not that they'll vote GOP, either, but her candidacy will seriously depress turnout among them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
I doubt if blacks get it. They are like sheep following the leader over a cliff. If Obama could run again, these morons would vote for him again in large numbers. Let's hope they stay home if the Hildabeast gets the nomination.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
...hmm I don't quite see things that rosy for her.  I'm not so sure she can count on the female vote in 2016; even though many MSM polls right now would have you believe otherwise.  In 2008 Clinton barely carried 50% of the female vote in the Democratic primary.  Secondly she is a lot older and has added a lot of baggage and most recently has accepted monies from countries who oppress and suppress women.  I was hoping that governor Martinez would throw her hat into the Republican arena but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 06:08:44 PM »
...hmm I don't quite see things that rosy for her.  I'm not so sure she can count on the female vote in 2016; even though many MSM polls right now would have you believe otherwise. 

I hope you are right. However, if we wind up with another mushy, ball-less, me too candidate like McCain or Mitt, she will win. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »
I hope you are right. However, if we wind up with another mushy, ball-less, me too candidate like McCain or Mitt, she will win.
  Oh, you mean like Jeb??     However, at this point in time, there still is that possibility that Hillary won't get the nomination.  She's got a whole lot of baggage that she has to carry into the primaries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »
  Oh, you mean like Jeb??     However, at this point in time, there still is that possibility that Hillary won't get the nomination.  She's got a whole lot of baggage that she has to carry into the primaries.

Yep along with the rest of the weakling Rinos  like Huckabuck, Fat Boy, Patick, the FL gang, Graham, etc.  Perry and Walker are the only two I have any use for. 

I think she has the nomination in the bag unless Obama turns the dogs lose on her. The RNC is too cowardly to go after her. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »
I do not think Hillary Clinton will be nominated in 2016. She had her chance in 2008 and failed. Why now?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »
I do not think Hillary Clinton will be nominated in 2016. She had her chance in 2008 and failed. Why now?
The Democrat party would have to find an alternative (and spend their money on him and/or her).

Besides, nominating Hillary would simply be following the same pointless path the GOP has been treading since Bush Sr.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 08:05:25 AM »
The Democrat party would have to find an alternative (and spend their money on him and/or her).

Besides, nominating Hillary would simply be following the same pointless path the GOP has been treading since Bush Sr.

I've said it before but, IF Hillary winds up being the DEM nominee; and the GOP runs/nominates a conservative such as Walker, Cruz or Perry, we will win hands down.  Yes, Hillary lost in 2008 but you have to consider that the low information voters cast their ballots in order to be politically correct and in this case, being black trumped being a female.

O'Malley is running as well as Sanders.  I look for the two of them to take some votes away from Hillary and maybe O'Malley will surprise everyone.  It's really early in the game yet and I think Hillary's baggage is just starting to catch up to her.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:49 AM »

I subscribe to Rush's hypothesis that the MSM is exposing her baggage just so later on Hill can say "That's old news, I'm talking about the future".