Author Topic: 'It’s Time to Let Edward Snowden Come Home'  (Read 623 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
'It’s Time to Let Edward Snowden Come Home'
« on: June 04, 2015, 08:04:00 AM »
Sure. Why the hell not.  :thatsright:

Hissyspit (44,443 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026776696

'It’s Time to Let Edward Snowden Come Home'

peecoolyour (300 posts)
3. Our criminal justice system is selective. There's no reason why they can't invite him back and not press charges.

cstanleytech (8,580 posts)
4. First at the very least he broke the law regarding the handling of classified

however I am willing to consider supporting leniency and maybe amnesty for him but that support is going to depend on this part

Rather than transmitting information to foreign powers, Snowden handed over his electronic stash of documents to reporters from the Guardian and the Washington Post, with the stipulation that they treat its contents sensitively and carefully. Although the leak led to some sensational stories—Michael Morell, a top C.I.A. official, called it “the most serious compromise of classified information in the history of the U.S. intelligence community”—the journalists largely adhered to Snowden’s stipulation.

So does anyone here know when the journalists didnt adhere to his stipulation and what did they reveal that should probably not have been revealed?

::)

Major Hogwash (15,833 posts)
8. False argument, Snowden can come home anytime he wants.

And face the consequences of his actions.

lovemydog (6,449 posts)
15. Dismiss all charges. Let him return if he so desires. He did far more good than harm.

We should start a poll about who we thing Barry will pardon the closer it gets to him being removed from the White House. I am pretty sure Snowden's name will be on there.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
Re: 'It’s Time to Let Edward Snowden Come Home'
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
We should start a poll about who we thing Barry will pardon the closer it gets to him being removed from the White House. I am pretty sure Snowden's name will be on there.

I vote for Bradley Manning and Bowe Bergdahl. Both of these oxygen-theiving @#$%s will be pardoned, especially Bergdahl, since the TOTUS used so much political capital to free his dumb @ss.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
I vote for Bradley Manning and Bowe Bergdahl. Both of these oxygen-theiving @#$%s will be pardoned, especially Bergdahl, since the TOTUS used so much political capital to free his dumb @ss.

Since we're talking about pardons, anyone remember the Frank Rich pardon ?
The guy who ran that influence peddling criminal enterprise was awarded the post as Attorney General.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
Obama will never pardon Snowden, because Snowden's revelations embarrassed Obozo himself.  He is a relentless persecutor of anyone who blows the whistle on him or his inner circle. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:27:55 PM »
cstanleytech (8,580 posts)
4. First at the very least he broke the law regarding the handling of classified

however I am willing to consider supporting leniency and maybe amnesty for him but that support is going to depend on this part

So did Hillary by storing state department emails on her private server.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »

I'm with you.  He'll pardon those two, who committed capital crimes.  (Yes, DUmmie lurkers, selling classified info to anyone is treason, punishable by death.  Desertion in the face of the enemy is a crime punishable by death.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 01:39:37 AM »
I'm with you.  He'll pardon those two, who committed capital crimes.  (Yes, DUmmie lurkers, selling classified info to anyone is treason, punishable by death.  Desertion in the face of the enemy is a crime punishable by death.)

Sadly yes, he will. I can see it happening, regardless of what Bergdahl's Article 32 hearing states. Once again, our CinC will spit in the face of the military and try and sell to us that it is raining.

But back on the OT, It is time for Snowden to come home.... in a pine box. The man gave up classified documents, I don't care what his reasoning, to people who had NO CLEARANCES or need to know. Period. If he was THAT concerned, he could have brought the stuff to his congresscritter or senator, but no, he HAD to go to the media. As far as I am concerned, he's an attention whore who's 15 seconds of fame are up.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 05:49:16 AM »

Very true.
We can't have Bergdahl languishing in prison the rest of his life as a billboard for the failures of owebuma.
Nor can we have him as a martyr for the same reasons.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.