Author Topic: Christian Bakery’s GoFundMe Account to Raise Cash to Pay Fine Canceled Thanks to  (Read 513 times)

Offline SVPete

Christian Bakery’s GoFundMe Account to Raise Cash to Pay Fine Canceled Thanks to Internet Outrage Mob
by Debra Heine
pjmedia.com/tatler
2015/04/26
An Oregon administrative law judge recommended Friday that Sweet Cakes by Melissa be fined $135,000 in damages for the emotional suffering of the lesbian couple.

“[T]he forum concludes that $75,000 and $60,000, are appropriate awards to compensate [the same-sex couple] for the emotional suffering they experienced,” wrote Alan McCullough, administrative law judge for Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries in his proposed order.
The town of Gresham, Oregon, incidentally, has a population of over 100,000 and has many good bakeries to choose from.

Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer, however,  claimed they felt ”mentally raped” when they were denied a wedding cake by one bakery, and listed 88 symptoms of emotional distress that they suffered.
Because the family has already shuttered the business, the fines will have to be paid from them personally and could potentially bankrupt the family. Talk about “emotional distress.”

A GoFundMe page was set up to help the Klein family, but after raising more than $109,000 toward their $150,000 goal the website took it down.
Fortunately, Rev. Franklin Graham’s Christian humanitarian organization, Samaritan’s Purse, stepped in to help the Kleins raise money.

“They have taken a stand for the Word of God, and they should not have to stand alone,” Graham said. “I believe that Christians across our nation will rally around Aaron and Melissa and their five children.
The article points out that GoFundMe permits numerous violations of the "standard" it invoked as a pretext for shutting down the Kleins' GFM page. I guess GFM lacks the moral courage to admit what they did: they caved to pressure from thugs. I wonder whether the gay activist thugs and bureaucrat-thugs have the wisdom to realize that thuggery like this and the Memories Pizza fiasco is turning many non-religious Americans against their cause.

I also wonder if the thug-activists and -bureaucrats know enough to realize that public attacks on Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse are likely to be an epic fail. Hatred tends to overwhelm wisdom, so I'm guessing many do mot, and those who do are likely to try such attacks anyway.

FWIW, Gresham is OR's 4th largest city, and is pretty much a suburb of Portland, OR's largest. I suspect local Christians (and non-Christians?) have been helping the Kleins. Between national groups like Samaritan's Purse and local people, the activist-thugs and bureaucrat-thugs are going to find their thuggery trumped, frequently.

Funny ... it wasn't that long ago that the efforts of setting up organizations like Alliance Defending Freedom were mocked as Chicken-Little paranoia and hype.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Made a donation.

Screw the anti-Christians and the rug-munchers.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.