Author Topic: War Zone: Baltimore Erupts Into Violence, Chaos as #BlackLivesMatter Riots Rage  (Read 7935 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Why is America celebrating the beating of a black child?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/29/why-is-america-celebrating-the-beating-of-a-black-child/?tid=sm_tw

It’s not surprising that a black mother in Baltimore who chased down, cursed and beat her 16-year-old son in the middle of a riot has been called a hero. In this country, when black mothers fulfill stereotypes of mammies, angry and thwarting resistance to a system designed to kill their children, they get praised.

“He gave me eye contact,” Toya Graham told CBS News. “And at that point, you know, not even thinking about cameras or anything like that — that’s my only son and at the end of the day, I don’t want him to be a Freddie Gray. Is he the perfect boy? No he’s not, but he’s mine.”

In other words, Graham’s message to America is: I will teach my black son not to resist white supremacy so he can live.

From WaPo. Nuff said.  :mental:

Now, Stacey Patton is accusing Toya Graham of being a racist.  :mental: :bs:

If we had more Toya Graham's, America would be better off.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:18:02 AM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Now THAT'S leading from the front: Baltimore city police commissioner pictured taking down rioter with his bare hands
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3062162/Baltimore-city-police-commissioner-pictured-taking-rioter-street-bare-hands.html

He has been a regular face at press conferences this week, aiming to calm the violence in Baltimore and reassure residents that police have rioters under control.

But Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has proved he is not just about speeches after he was seen taking down a protestor himself in the stricken city.

Baltimore has been besieged by protestors starting fires, destroying buildings and marching following the funeral of Freddie Gray, who died of spinal injuries after being arrested and put into a police van.

Leading by example.  :yahoo:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/29/why-is-america-celebrating-the-beating-of-a-black-child/?tid=sm_tw

Putting it briefly, here's what I understand happened. Toya Graham was at a doctor appointment. One of her daughters saw news of what was going on, near where she knew her brother would be. She persuaded her mother to skip the appointment and go get the son out of the area. When she arrived, Toya saw a group of black youths in masks and carrying bricks and large rocks moving toward the police. Among them she spotted her son, masked, wearing a hoodie, and carrying a rock. She recognized his sweatpants and his walk. She realized he was charging into mortal danger, pulled him out, and smacked, literally, some sense into him.

Armchair idiots are quibbling whether she "had to" smack/hit/beat him to get him to turn back. Maybe in their hypothetical fantasy world calling him out using his full first, middle, and last name, in her severe mother's voice was all the was needed. In the real world, in those very few seconds, maybe it would, and maybe it would not. Toya wanted a living son. She knew that if he continued there was a strong chance of he would get beat up with a baton or shot for being part of of riot mob attacking police with deadly weapons. She did what, in her "professional" judgment (who else in the world knew him half as well as she does?!) and fear, she knew was most likely to get him to stop. He turned back, and is alive and intact; he is alive, and knows that his Mom loves him desperately enough to to literally beat some sense into him.

I know some pundits and normal people questioning what she did are not fully idiots. But she has her son alive and unharmed. The lesser measures they propose from the comforts of their armchairs and desk chairs might not have worked, and her son arrested, or severely beaten, or killed, or trampled in/by the crowd. As for the armchair idiots at DU or the WashPost, all I hear is regret that there was one fewer teens throwing rocks, bricks, and bottles at the police the pund-iots, in the comfort of their armchairs and comfy homes, deem EEEEEEEE-vile.

I wasn't very brief, I guess. The bottom line is that Toya Graham and her son are both alive and both unharmed, due to her action.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:15:18 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

The show trial has begun.
Prosecutor Plans Homicide Charges Against Police in Freddie Gray Case
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/us/freddie-gray-autopsy-report-given-to-baltimore-prosecutors.html?_r=0
BALTIMORE — The state’s attorney of Baltimore, in an unexpected announcement, said Friday that she had probable cause to file homicide, manslaughter and misconduct charges against the police officers in the death of Freddie Gray, who died after sustaining a spinal cord injury while in police custody.

In a news conference Friday, the state’s attorney, Marilyn J. Mosby, said that the death of Mr. Gray had been ruled a homicide and that the police had been negligent in his death.
--more at link
Homicide charges filed against all 6 officers.
so a black mayor, a black police chief, and now a black atty, all flaming libs, are now starting a trial as the evidence unravels before them. Life in a liberal city: Soviet style show trials. Let the jury tampering begin.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities

Joan Walsh from Salon is getting in on the "racist" act.
Ptarmigan is on to something big...

By now, most of us have seen "Baltimore Mom" Toya Graham take matters into her own hands when she saw her son participating in Monday’s rioting in Baltimore. 
The video of Graham going after her 16-year-old son went viral, making her somewhat of a celebrity, others would say hero. 

Many have applauded Graham and her actions, while some in the media – particularly in liberal outlets like Salon.com and The Washington Post -- have condemned those who praise Graham for having "…chased down, cursed and beat her 16-year-old son in the middle of a riot."

Take for instance, this gem from an absurd piece written by Salon editor-at-large Joan Walsh, who denounces the  "hideous white hypocrisy" behind the praise of Ms. Graham: 

The debate over the moment Graham says she “lost it” is complex.
There’s a parallel black debate going on that, as always when it comes to racial issues, is richer and more nuanced.

But anyone white who’s applauding Graham’s moment of desperation, along with the white media figures who are hyping her “heroism,” is essentially justifying police brutality, and saying the only way to control black kids is to beat the shit out of them.

What Graham did to her 16 year old son wasn’t a beating, as concerned moms of every color can attest.
But Walsh, perhaps because of the elite liberal circles she travels in, seems to think “white folks” eschew corporal punishment when it comes to their kids:

The hypocrisy of the white mainstream applauding Graham is sickening.
Let’s be honest:
many white folks are reflexive critics of the greater frequency of corporal punishment in the black community.

Well, this white Irish-Italian Catholic grew up in a household that practiced corporal punishment and I fail to see why giving a kid a spanking or a rebellious, backtalking teenager a slap across the cheek is racial in any way.

On the other hand, we shouldn’t be so shocked that Walsh would hack out such nonsense over at Salon.
The Washington Post, liberal but far more rational than Salon, is a little bit different.

Stacey Patton, who is a senior enterprise reporter for the Chronicle of Higher Education, wrote a story for the Post titled, "Why is America celebrating the beating of a black child?" 
Patton, who is black, admitted that her “adoptive mother… publicly beat me when I was a child,” so it’s not hard to see why she would take issue with Graham’s actions.

But rather than addressing why she feels such actions are counterproductive, she launched into a leftist tirade.

Black mothers, Patton complained, only get praise when they “fulfill stereotypes of mammies, angry and thwarting resistance to a system designed to kill their children.”
 Patton continued by offering a history lesson of “black mother beatings” for her readers:

The beatings originated with white supremacy, a history of cultural and physical violence that devalues black life at every turn.
From slavery through Jim Crow, from the school-to-prison pipeline, the innocence and protection of black children has always been a dream deferred.

To laud Ms. Graham, Patton insisted, only serves to “[distract] from a hard truth:
It doesn’t matter how black children behave… they risk being killed and blamed for their own deaths because black youths are rarely viewed as innocent or worthy of protection.”

Surely Patton is aware that people of ALL races (yes, including African-American) are praising the “Baltimore Mom,” but, you see, she insist that white supremacy has brainwashed people of all races and backgrounds, including Ms. Graham, who, “Rather than embracing her son Michael, rather than hearing and seeing his pain and assuring him that she’s got his back, Graham beat and shamed him in front of the world.”

Seriously?! Would Patton have rather Ms. Graham had tried putting her son in time-out?

As infuriating as Patton and Walsh’s absurd left-wing drivel-filled arguments are, they are serving a purpose:
reminding us all that it is liberals who are out of touch with reality, completely clueless about the parenting experiences of everyday Americans liberal or conservative, black or white.

full article...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/melissa-mullins/2015/04/30/leftist-journos-praising-baltimore-mom-racist#sthash.lz6Yk9Gk.dpuf

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
"Community Organizers" are calling for nation wide protests on Saturday.  :popcorn:

Does this mean other than rounds 4-7 of the Draft that I may have some entertainment on my one day off?  :-)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline SVPete

But anyone white who’s applauding Graham’s moment of desperation, along with the white media figures who are hyping her “heroism,” is essentially justifying police brutality, and saying the only way to control black kids is to beat the shit out of them.

Walsh gets paid for such nonsense? OK, I've "applauded Graham’s moment of desperation", and I'm white. But I have never and never would "say the only way to control black kids is to beat the shit out of them." I'm not that stupid, nor am I the racist Graham assumes me to be. I applauded one Mom's desperate act that saved her only son from doing something stupid that could have lead to his death or severe injury. One Mom, one son, not all black Moms, not all black sons or children.

Maybe Walsh is one of those Progs who is POed that Toya Graham kept her son from joining the rioters?!

... many white folks are reflexive critics of the greater frequency of corporal punishment in the black community.

Well I half-appreciate Walsh's half-honesty in not smearing all white folks. But the folks who are critical of "the greater frequency of corporal punishment in the black community" (is that a veiled reference to that NFL player who got entangled in the legal system recently over corporal punishment?) tend to criticize corporal punishment generally, regardless of the ethnic origins of the ones doing the spanking. In my experience a majority of those who call spanking "child abuse" are of the Lib/Prog persuasion. I cannot think of any exceptions, but I don't seek out such folk. So maybe Ms. Walsh should have saved this line for her next cocktail party with her Lib/Prog friends! That would probably simplify her social calendar!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Another "chocolate" city burns?    :yawn:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Another "chocolate" city burns?    :yawn:

Nice Mayor Ray Nagin callback.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
SHERIFF: Baltimore State’s Atty Marilyn Mosby Charged Wrong People, Wrong Names, Wrong Addresses of 2 Officers

“When Miss Mosby stood up in front of the world with her theatrics at her press conference last Friday she charged two of the wrong people. Now, when I say she charged two of the wrong people, I don’t mean she charged two of the wrong officers. I mean she charged the wrong people. Innocent people. Of the six police officers that were charged two of them were charged under the wrong names, the wrong dates of birth and the wrong addresses.

And because of that, reporters went to the wrong addresses of these innocent people, these private citizens and whose lives have now been invaded. They went to their homes, knocked on their doors. They harassed them. They went to their neighbors and attempted to get interviews. And it wasn’t until these innocent people these private citizens contacted their local state’s attorney’s offices that this problem was rectified.”
Gateway Pundit

Hizzoner da DA sounds as incompetent as she is biased.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Baltimore riots will cost city at least $20 million - and all the estimates aren't in yet
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/27/baltimore-riots-will-cost-city-at-least-20-million/?intcmp=latestnews

The recent Baltimore riots will cost the city at least a staggering $20 million - and all the estimates aren't in yet.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the $20 million figure includes expenses for police and firefighter overtime, damage to city-owned property and payment to other jurisdictions that assisted with policing duties.

Baltimore’s finance director, Henry J. Raymond, said that the city can cover the costs from its rainy day fund, but that it is only a temporary solution and that they are planning on requesting up to 75 percent reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

I suspect it will be way more including loss tax bases as people are less likely to invest in Baltimore.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
  • “Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.”
Why do people do this? I mean, not to sound racist, but not many white people do this when whites are killed (by other whites or by blacks). They let the Justice System do it's job and accept the verdict, and if they protest it is done in a peaceful, lawful way.
Yet black people seem to just go no-holds-bar crazy when blacks die at the hands of whites.
Just curious as to the mindset behind burning and looting, and how it's supposed to solve anything.
"Without education,your children can never really meet the challenges they will face. So it's very important to give children education and explain that they should play a role for their country."-Nelson Mandela

"There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease."-Nelson Mandela

"What I'm saying to you this morning is communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis."-MLK JR

Offline thundley4

According to the Baltimore Sun, the $20 million figure includes expenses for police and firefighter overtime, damage to city-owned property and payment to other jurisdictions that assisted with policing duties.

Why did they even bother to have the police and firefighters work overtime? The cops weren't allowed to do anything, and the firefighters were hampered by the looters.

Offline Belle

In my opinion, there is no rationale reason.
They are simply empowered by their leaders.

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake:  "In a press conference on Saturday, she said that she ordered cops to allow “those who wished to destroy space to do that.”
     http://www.redstate.com/2015/04/27/baltimore-mayor-protestors-just-give-space/

More recently, Michelle Obama @ a College graduation:
    http://patriotretort.com/dianny-attempts-to-slog-through-michelles-oberlin-speech/

The 2nd link I just happened to find.  Its written by Diann Russell.  She was for many years a die-hard liberal.  But then she changed:  "Liberalism is a house of cards built on a foundation of feelings. Thinking, especially independent thinking, is not encouraged. Every argument, no matter what the issue, always boils down to feelings"
"In 2006, I officially left the Democrat Plantation."
"I consider myself more a Conservative than a Republican."

One more post, please, this says it all:
"Obama didn’t spring fully formed, unique and singularly different from every other Democrat. He’s exactly what Liberalism is – socialist policies draped in the robe of feel-goodism. The difference between Obama and other Liberals is he doesn’t just show a little leg, but exposes the sickening socialistic underbelly of Liberalism. In Obama, all pretense has been stripped away."

Offline Belle

This is enough to make one cry.
A mother & her 7 year old son were fatally shot.  Jennifer Brown, 31 & her son, Tony.

Fraternal Order of Police lodge 3: 

"The criminals are taking advantage of the situation in Baltimore since the unrest. Criminals feel empowered now. There is no respect. Police are under siege in every quarter. They are more afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs properly than they are of getting shot on duty. Right now they can go to jail for following Supreme Court decisions such as Illinois v. Wardlow. The Baltimore States Attorney’s Office essentially overturned the Supreme Court’s decision. We hope that all leadership will come together to support the police to move the community forward."

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/28/8-year-old-another-woman-killed-in-baltimore-shooting/

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
This is enough to make one cry.
A mother & her 7 year old son were fatally shot.  Jennifer Brown, 31 & her son, Tony.

That is sad.

Fraternal Order of Police lodge 3: 

"The criminals are taking advantage of the situation in Baltimore since the unrest. Criminals feel empowered now. There is no respect. Police are under siege in every quarter. They are more afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs properly than they are of getting shot on duty. Right now they can go to jail for following Supreme Court decisions such as Illinois v. Wardlow. The Baltimore States Attorney’s Office essentially overturned the Supreme Court’s decision. We hope that all leadership will come together to support the police to move the community forward."

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/28/8-year-old-another-woman-killed-in-baltimore-shooting/

It will only get worse.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It's an AP story, so link only. My comments are simply this -- that when anarchy and lawlessness strike and the very officers that are charged with keeping the peace are afraid to do so not so much for their own safety (which is a huge thing all by itself) but because the city "leadership" doesn't have their back, hey, good people die.

I'm glad to read that the cops have lawyered up and are counter-charging the DA with terminal stupidity, along with other stuff.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/28/baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-rash-of-homicides/
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
B I don't recall the link I tread but in the article it quoted a 26 year old women that has 7 kids as saying she wishes the cops were back on every corner like it used to be.....26 and has 7 kids.....I'd say the future for Baltimore is still bleak for years to come.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
B I don't recall the link I tread but in the article it quoted a 26 year old women that has 7 kids as saying she wishes the cops were back on every corner like it used to be.....26 and has 7 kids.....I'd say the future for Baltimore is still bleak for years to come.

7 kids? Chances are at least 5 different daddies -- and they're most likely in prison.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Belle

How about some hypocrisy, Baltimore style.

I go back to the statement when Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake told police to give the protestors "space to destroy."

Well, now Baltimore's Mayor & Governor Larry Hogan are asking for $20 million from a FEMA grant to fix up the city.
The audacity!  We, the taxpayers, without representation, are going to fix a city that was not only willfully destroyed, but the violence was encouraged by many political leaders.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/28/baltimore-riots-will-cost-city-at-least-20-million/

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Baltimore is a lost cause, like any leftist Hell hole.  :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Marilyn Mosby Filed Gag Order Motion IN THE WRONG COURT
http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/09/marilyn-mosby-filed-gag-order-motion-in-the-wrong-court/

Baltimore city state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby’s motion for a gag order in the Freddie Gray case was denied Monday because the prosecutor filed paperwork in the wrong court.

Mosby’s May 14 motion, filed in Baltimore’s circuit court, was intended to block witnesses, attorneys and police from speaking publicly about the Gray case. Six officers have been indicted on a total of 28 felony charges related to Gray’s April 12 arrest. The 25-year-old Gray died April 19. His death was ruled a homicide.

Judge Charles Peters slapped down Mosby’s motion, citing jurisdictional issues, The Baltimore Sun reported. The cases for the six officers were still on the district court’s docket when the motion was filed. The cases were only moved to the circuit court on May 21, after a grand jury indicted the officers.

The stupid is strong!  :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

Marilyn Mosby Filed Gag Order Motion IN THE WRONG COURT
http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/09/marilyn-mosby-filed-gag-order-motion-in-the-wrong-court/

The stupid is strong!  :mental:

Stupid? Maybe. Incompetent? Definitely. This is what happens when government officials are elected based on their skin tone and not their abilities.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Stupid? Maybe. Incompetent? Definitely. This is what happens when government officials are elected based on their skin tone and not their abilities.
What else would you expect from someone who shows up on Judge Judy?

She's an embarrassment to the state of Maryland.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.