Author Topic: How long has Skinner been selling DUmpmonkies's e-mails?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
How long has Skinner been selling DUmpmonkies's e-mails?
« on: April 18, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »
Check this out:

Stonepounder (434 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1090476

Stick a fork in US - we're done.

Here's a secret they don't want you to know. Election Day doesn't really matter. Voting doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is $$$. Here we are, 7 months away from Election Day. It is a Sunday at noon and I already have 7 emails in my inbox pleading for money. Money for this candidate, money for that candidate, money for the Democratic Party, money for this PAC, money for that PAC. Apparently the only way our candidates can get elected is if we raise more money than they do. SEVEN MONTHS!

And no matter how much you donate:

And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yah.

So, my friends, stick a fork in us, we're done. The 1% and the corporations can outspend us no matter how much we give and they will. For Big Money politics is a great investment. You give $1 Mil and save $10 Mil on your taxes. You get together and spend $100 Mil and you get TPP or Keystone. I give $50 or $100 and since my only income is Social Security I get bupkis.

And where is the famous backlash? Against no unemployment. No Food Stamps. No Veterans Benefits. No pensions. Voter suppression. Crumbling infrastructure. Disappearing Middle Class.

Evidently, for the majority of people who actually go to the polls, this is what we, as a nation, want. We elect them - over and over again and they NEVER pay the price for screwing us over:

I learned our Government must be strong;
It's always right and never wrong;
Our leaders are the finest men
And we elect them again and again.

(Above lyrics from "Fortunate Son" - Creedence Clearwater Revival" and "What Did You Learn In School Today" - Pete Seeger)

Sun Mar 30, 2014, 12:36 PM

Skinner has been a sell out- literally- for a long long time, DUmpmonkies. You are just too stupid to see it.

MindMover (4,992 posts)
1. You also might be a right wing troll looking to stir up your normal BS about

it is useless to give or support any candidate because all is lost ... yes, that is the RW meme and I called you out ...

So go sling your shit someplace else ... bye ....

In light of recent events.... you might have been worng!

Autumn (20,629 posts)
4. I can't say we are done yet but campaign fund raising is a problem.

I would like to have public financing for politicians and do away with this other crap. That would cut down on the misinformation that they could afford to put all over radio and TV and give them time to do the work they are elected to do.

So, you are against Hillary taking 2 billion in middle eastern bribes?

djean111 (6,512 posts)
6. I have no extra money to donate.

Yesterday Alan Grayson asked me for money because someone called him a boogersnot (or something similar).
Today Harry Reid asked me for money because Sarah Palin "berated" him.
And the elections are a ways off - the money part of politics is getting ****ing ridiculous. What does it even buy?

:rotf:

doc03 (15,359 posts)
7. I got sick of it several months ago and un subscribed to the

e-mails. I was getting 15-20 every day from different Democratic leaning fund raisers. You donate to one join DU and Skinner sells your e-mail to his wife and you go on the sucker list.

Here... I fixed it for you.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: How long has Skinner been selling DUmpmonkies's e-mails?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »
Harry Reid is busy getting slapped around by his drunken brother.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 01:18:55 AM »
Stonepounder (436 posts)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »
Stonepounder (434 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1090476

Here's a secret they don't want you to know. Election Day doesn't really matter. Voting doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is $$$. Here we are, 7 months away from Election Day. It is a Sunday at noon and I already have 7 emails in my inbox pleading for money. Money for this candidate, money for that candidate, money for the Democratic Party, money for this PAC, money for that PAC. Apparently the only way our candidates can get elected is if we raise more money than they do. SEVEN MONTHS!

Ummmmmm ....... it's 2015 ... the primaries begin in early 2016, and the General in a year and seven months away. No doubt the money-is-invincible narrative has been posted on DU before, but I wonder if MindMover may have hit the nail on the head:

MindMover (4,992 posts)
1. You also might be a right wing troll looking to stir up your normal BS about

it is useless to give or support any candidate because all is lost ... yes, that is the RW meme and I called you out ...

So go sling your shit someplace else ... bye ....

Of course, both might be trolls playing head games. Or both might be straight-up Progs crossing narratives. Can you say,  :popcorn: time?

djean111 (6,512 posts)
6. ...

Yesterday Alan Grayson asked me for money because someone called him a boogersnot (or something similar).
Today Harry Reid asked me for money because Sarah Palin "berated" him.
And the elections are a ways off - the money part of politics is getting ****ing ridiculous. What does it even buy?

The fact that it's so commonly used should be a hint toward the answer ... such whining and crying gets ...... donations,  :loser: .

doc03 (15,359 posts)
7. I got sick of it several months ago and un subscribed to the

e-mails. I was getting 15-20 every day from different Democratic leaning fund raisers. You donate to one and you go on the sucker list.

I can think of two ways to avoid this problem. Use one-time throw-away (or fake) email addies; don't donate to Ds. The latter might be more effective and therefore better, :-) .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »

A mole who is near and dear to you ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:05:59 AM »
Ummmmmm ....... it's 2015 ... the primaries begin in early 2016, and the General in a year and seven months away. No doubt the money-is-invincible narrative has been posted on DU before, but I wonder if MindMover may have hit the nail on the head:

Of course, both might be trolls playing head games. Or both might be straight-up Progs crossing narratives. Can you say,  :popcorn: time?

The fact that it's so commonly used should be a hint toward the answer ... such whining and crying gets ...... donations,  :loser: .

I can think of two ways to avoid this problem. Use one-time throw-away (or fake) email addies; don't donate to Ds. The latter might be more effective and therefore better, :-) .

Heh, heh! I resemble that remark! ESAD DUmmies!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
Stonepounder is in for a surprise when he realizes that the election is actually a year and seven months away - So many more Emails coming in.

As for determining if Skins is the source of the donation EMails - perhaps a mole who is using an EMail address ONLY for DU purposes can confirm if it is generating Liberal SPAM. Sadly, I don't fit that criteria. All of my Email accounts have multiple connections to different things.

Anyway, since DU hides its user's email addresses from non-members and bots - the only logical conclusion of a single use EMail getting liberal SPAM is that Skins either gave away or sold that Email to a liberal organization.

With that being said, Skins makes it clear to his users that this is exactly what happens to registered users. We have all seen sites that have the standard "We at [WEBSITE/COMPANY] will never sell, lease or share your private information with anyone at anytime."

DemocrtaticUnderground's terms are a bit different..

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=privacy

Use of Information Collected from Registered Users

Information collected from “Registered Users” is used for purposes of communicating with registered users, including, but not limited to, sending a user occasional e-mail messages from Democratic Underground, corresponding with users via email in response to user inquiries, providing services a user may request and otherwise managing a user’s account. Users’ contact information may be shared with other organizations and companies, pre-screened by Democratic Underground, who may want to contact Site users. Users may opt-out of future mailings from Democratic Underground by employing methods provided in the below section entitled “Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information.”

Okay -- so there is an Opt Out feature.. What are the terms ?

Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information

Democratic Underground users may request that their personal information be deleted from Site records by sending an email to mail@democraticunderground.com. The Site will remove personally identifiable information from its records for any user that requests removal, provided that the user’s account remains inactive for seven days. Any user whose information is removed from Site records shall thereafter be bound by rules for “All Users,” as provided above, except that information in the public domain, such as a user’s forum posts while a Registered User, will not be deleted from the Site’s records.

So, yeah.. once one chooses to "opt out" one also chooses to no longer be a member of DU.

Too bad, privacy loving primitives..   :rotf: 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »
Stonepounder is in for a surprise when he realizes that the election is actually a year and seven months away - So many more Emails coming in.

As for determining if Skins is the source of the donation EMails - perhaps a mole who is using an EMail address ONLY for DU purposes can confirm if it is generating Liberal SPAM. Sadly, I don't fit that criteria. All of my Email accounts have multiple connections to different things.

Anyway, since DU hides its user's email addresses from non-members and bots - the only logical conclusion of a single use EMail getting liberal SPAM is that Skins either gave away or sold that Email to a liberal organization.

With that being said, Skins makes it clear to his users that this is exactly what happens to registered users. We have all seen sites that have the standard "We at [WEBSITE/COMPANY] will never sell, lease or share your private information with anyone at anytime."

DemocrtaticUnderground's terms are a bit different..

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=privacy

Okay -- so there is an Opt Out feature.. What are the terms ?

So, yeah.. once one chooses to "opt out" one also chooses to no longer be a member of DU.

Too bad, privacy loving primitives..   :rotf: 

Yeah, tell me again how "TOLERANT libs are!

Good grief Batman!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
Yeah, tell me again how "TOLERANT libs are!

Good grief Batman!

They seem pretty tolerant of generating cash, that's for sure.

So there you have it, primitives. Your donations and advertisement views aren't the only thing keeping DU working. It is monetizing access to user's private data as well.

Offline pjcomix

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Renting out email lists is EXTREMELY lucrative. And this is what Friends of Hillary did. Any word on what commission the Friends of Hillary Treasurer aka Shelly Moskwa aka Mrs. Skinner earns on those rentals? This is one of the ways Skinner is paid off bribed to go all out Hillary fanboy. Yes, the Spiro Agnew days of political bribes paid off in brown paper bags stuffed with cash are over. The modern way is to do it indirectly and preferably thru a  relative. It's a payoff circle. If Skinner was not the UberDUmmie of DUmmieland then his wife would not have that Friends of Hillary job. But because he is the UberDUmmie she gets the job and the Clinton cash stash. Of course all that would have been lost if Skinner had supported another Democrat candidate such as O'Malley. However, that wasn't going to happen because he has a $8000+ monthly house payment nut to cover and Marty doesn't have that kind of dough on hand.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »
Yeah, check out the demographics on the Ski$$er's neighborhood:

Demographics
Elementary School:   N/A
Middle School:   N/A
High School:   Bethesda Chevy Chase High School
U.S. Representative:   U.S. Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-08)   
Median Income   $200,001
White: All*   96.9%
White: Latin or Hispanic*   1.6%
Black or African American*   1.1%
American Indian and Alaska Native*   0%
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander*   0%
Asian*   2.8%
Census Tract:   7053/ Southeast of Chevy Chase country club
*Alone or in combination   Source: U.S. Census

:rotf:

Meh, might as well - just the tip of the iceberg, though:

http://www.opensecrets.org/expends/vendor.php?year=2014&vendor=Moskwa%2C+Shelly

:cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My esteem for Skins has skyrocketed.

Admirable, the way he's so brilliantly rooked the primitives.

It couldn't happen to a better group of people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
A mole who is near and dear to you ?

Nope, don't gots no moles. Just playing head games. Or maybe I do have moles and am playing head games.

Seriously, I don't have the devious kind of smarts to maintain a mole, nor the energy to try.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
I went over to www.oldelmtree.com to see what they had to say about all this.

Alas, it's about as lively as a nursing home at midnight, and double alas, apparently elmers don't lurk here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
Ummmmmm ....... it's 2015 ... the primaries begin in early 2016, and the General in a year and seven months away.

This OP used an old, old DUmp thread from early 2014, but didn't show the date.

Stonepounder (436 posts)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 04:20:09 PM »
So.....I always kind of wondered about something; why primitives sometimes allege to have contributed to a faraway Democrat candidate who has no bearing on their own region.

The are_grits_groceries primitive, for example, down there in South Carolina.

I'm sure some will remember this as the primitive chronically begging for money to get her motor vehicle repaired or one of her cats veterinarily treated, as she lives in a state of perpetual poverty and want.

But yet last year, she alleged to have donated to the campaign coffers of a senatorial candidate, some woman, up over in Kentucky.

Maybe it was only three bucks or five bucks or something, but still--

Why would a poor old woman in South Carolina have any interest at all in who represents Kentucky in the U.S. Senate?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 05:25:16 PM »
Maybe it was only three bucks or five bucks or something, but still--

Why would a poor old woman in South Carolina have any interest at all in who represents Kentucky in the U.S. Senate?

Off topic, but that election is a great example of DUmmies being fleeced.

The news media and the DUmmies (and the nuts at Free Republic) were desperate to see Mitch McConnell defeated.

Nearly every day for weeks prior to the election there were articles about the race being too close to call, or a small lead for the leftist woman - right up until election day.

Hopeful DUmmies from all over the country sent in money with an Andyscamesque fervor.

They were just $10 short of beating McConnell.

In the real world, the election was never in doubt.

McConnell won easily, in a 15-point landslide, but the democrat party took in a fortune from morons like this old DUmmy woman.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
DU is a place for Skinner to raise money.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 06:04:43 PM »
If nothing else libs are very gullible.
They put all their "hopes" in owebuma.
Predictably owebuma has made a mess.
To an extent he hasn't let them down in terms of their agenda.
But libs are especially gullible if there is an appeal to their agenda.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.