Author Topic: How y'all doin'?  (Read 4774 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
How y'all doin'?
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
Been busier than a 3 peckered Billy Goat in a yard full of Nannies! How the hell y'all doin'? "Toots" is havin' one a helluva time with her reconstructive surgery after her double mastectomy. The radiation treatment is preventing her incisions from healing. She's livin' at my daughters since it's closer to her doctors and she has to have a machine hooked up 24/7. I live in the Daniel Boonies, so I been bachin' it since December. Just thought I'd check in and give ya an update.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: How y'all doin'?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:51:52 PM »
Sorry to hear the bad news.  I hope things improve for her.

That's a long time to live off Spam and TV dinners. :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 05:52:59 PM »
Been busier than a 3 peckered Billy Goat in a yard full of Nannies! How the hell y'all doin'? "Toots" is havin' one a helluva time with her reconstructive surgery after her double mastectomy. The radiation treatment is preventing her incisions from healing. She's livin' at my daughters since it's closer to her doctors and she has to have a machine hooked up 24/7. I live in the Daniel Boonies, so I been bachin' it since December. Just thought I'd check in and give ya an update.

Good to hear from you!  I have had a taste of what you are up against and can only offer my admiration and prayers!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »
Good to hear from you!  I have had a taste of what you are up against and can only offer my admiration and prayers!

Sheeeeeeit! I got this down. Thank the good Lord for pot pies, frozen halibut filets, pizza rolls, and honey barbeque wings! LOL!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 08:16:18 PM »
Sheeeeeeit! I got this down. Thank the good Lord for pot pies, frozen halibut filets, pizza rolls, and honey barbeque wings! LOL!

Froze-in, Froze-out!

Life on the road when you just don't like restaurants alone (also).  Marie Callander's frozen stuff = always a good call!

:)

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
Froze-in, Froze-out!

Life on the road when you just don't like restaurants alone (also).  Marie Callander's frozen stuff = always a good call!

:)

H5 on Marie Callander...it is good stuff.

Hope things improve Ally!

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 08:46:20 PM »
[H5 on Marie Callander...it is good stuff.]

That's the shit if you have to do it!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 08:58:53 PM »
What? No love for those whole roasted chickens that most supermarkets have in their deli areas, the ones kept under heat lamps?  I'll take one of those over frozen foods any day.

'Allo, Allo.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 10:01:49 PM »
Allo, I'm doing well. New(er) job, bought a Jeep and the now the wife is pissed. It's a grand life!

I hope for the best for you and yours.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline longview

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:59 PM »
Good to see you.

All the best and prayer for a speedy recovery for your wife, and go shoot something for dinner man!

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 01:43:22 AM »
I sure did miss shopping at Allo - Saurs - R - Us.
Sure is nice to have you back.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 06:42:59 AM »
AR, my friend, it's damned good to see you! :cheersmate: :yahoo:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 07:05:21 AM »

Good to hear from you my friend.  Prayers for "Toots".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »
Yeah, you know it's a better day when Allo pops in. Best to you and Toots, my good man, and yeah, go shoot something for supper!  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 11:02:17 AM »
Hi Allo! Glad to hear from you and I hope "Toots" heals up soon.

Can't do any of the frozen stuff anymore -- too many BP issues.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 01:01:56 PM »
Oh for cripes sake! As if the Lord isn't tryin' my patience enough already, just received news my BIL has liver cancer! Gonna have to go to Seattle and bring his ass home! They have told me I need to provide him with short term care. Nothing they can do. I've been chewin' his ass for a year to go to the damn doctor, but he's a stubborn old bird! He and I are drinkin' partners from way back. About the only prayers we can offer is that he doesn't suffer to long. Damn it! Guess God is testing me once again! Me and him are gonna have to have a SERIOUS chat!

Ah well, I've got the room and have contacted Hospice. Gonna learn today or tomorrow what kind of time we've got left to spend together. ****head is my best friend, damn it!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
Oh for cripes sake! As if the Lord isn't tryin' my patience enough already, just received news my BIL has liver cancer! Gonna have to go to Seattle and bring his ass home! They have told me I need to provide him with short term care. Nothing they can do. I've been chewin' his ass for a year to go to the damn doctor, but he's a stubborn old bird! He and I are drinkin' partners from way back. About the only prayers we can offer is that he doesn't suffer to long. Damn it! Guess God is testing me once again! Me and him are gonna have to have a SERIOUS chat!

Ah well, I've got the room and have contacted Hospice. Gonna learn today or tomorrow what kind of time we've got left to spend together. ****head is my best friend, damn it!

Damn, Allo, just damn. So sorry to hear this, and I pray your remaining time is meaningful, enjoyable, and a comfort to all of you, including Toots.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »
Damn, Allo, just damn. So sorry to hear this, and I pray your remaining time is meaningful, enjoyable, and a comfort to all of you, including Toots.

Same here.

Damn.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
Thanx guys! Just got off the phone with the oncologist and it's impossible for me to move him yet. He's going thru withdrawals from his drinking and they're basically cleaning his system out because his ammonia levels were so high. Don't know WTF to do at this point. We have a limited budget so for now I'm just going to hafta wait and see. Can only afford to make one trip over to Seattle so guess I'm just goin' to wait until they can get him well enough to move. The asshole! Why the hell he didn't go to the damn doc when I was bitchin' at him! They need to get him well enough so I can kick his ass one last time!

His sister and his kids are there now, so he's got family around. Hope that will help him get the right attitude. Doc says weeks or perhaps months but he wouldn't go any further.

Here's hopin' we can spend a few weeks out on my boat. We were fishin' fools when we lived closer to each other and I bought a 23' Sea Ray last winter that sleeps 2, so I'm sure I can make him comfortable if he gets well enough for me to get him back here. I'm sure he would rather do that than waste away in some nursing home.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »
Thanx guys! Just got off the phone with the oncologist and it's impossible for me to move him yet. He's going thru withdrawals from his drinking and they're basically cleaning his system out because his ammonia levels were so high. Don't know WTF to do at this point. We have a limited budget so for now I'm just going to hafta wait and see. Can only afford to make one trip over to Seattle so guess I'm just goin' to wait until they can get him well enough to move. The asshole! Why the hell he didn't go to the damn doc when I was bitchin' at him! They need to get him well enough so I can kick his ass one last time!

His sister and his kids are there now, so he's got family around. Hope that will help him get the right attitude. Doc says weeks or perhaps months but he wouldn't go any further.

Here's hopin' we can spend a few weeks out on my boat. We were fishin' fools when we lived closer to each other and I bought a 23' Sea Ray last winter that sleeps 2, so I'm sure I can make him comfortable if he gets well enough for me to get him back here. I'm sure he would rather do that than waste away in some nursing home.

Allo, he's obviously an alcoholic.  Take it from one who knows--if you're desperate enough for the sauce, nothing will get in the way.  Not Death, not Pesilence, Famine, or any other thing.  Family goes out the window.  I was never that bad, but I've done some remarkably stupid things in my life, and I'll probably be paying for one of those for the rest of my life (which is going to be for a long time).  Addicts get into the pit, and not too many are able to climb back out.  It's damned near impossible to climb out without help.

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
Allo, he's obviously an alcoholic.  Take it from one who knows--if you're desperate enough for the sauce, nothing will get in the way.  Not Death, not Pesilence, Famine, or any other thing.  Family goes out the window.  I was never that bad, but I've done some remarkably stupid things in my life, and I'll probably be paying for one of those for the rest of my life (which is going to be for a long time).  Addicts get into the pit, and not too many are able to climb back out.  It's damned near impossible to climb out without help.

Oh, I'm a stone cold alki! I come from a long line of 'em. At least the last 4 generations. I'm not nearly as bad as he is, but I do love my scotch. I'm smart enough to be honest with my doc and she checks me out at least twice a year. Already have emphysema, and my liver ain't the healthiest specimen around that's for sure, but at least I keep tabs on it. At my age, the damage has already been done so I figure I might as well enjoy myself for whatever time I have left. My family is pretty much cancer free and we generally have pretty damn good longevity. The only thing I worry about is after the age of 80 alzheimer's or dementia occurs pretty often, but if I make it to 80 I'm gonna be one happy SOB!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 06:04:56 PM »
Well shit! Just shit! They found an aneurism in his aorta so it looks like he's anchored to his hospital bed for the remainder. Even if I tried, it would set me back $7500 because I would have to transport him by ambulance 400 miles. If I could afford it, I'd think about it but unfortunately ya gotta draw the line somewhere. Doesn't look like he's gonna be coherent anyway, so I guess I'll just go pay my respects and leave it at that. Prolly the best thing anyway. How would ya like to wake up just to be told ya have 2 months to live? What a ****ed up deal!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »
Well, crap. Allo, sometimes shit just hits the fan. Do what you can to see him or stay in contact.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »
I really am so sorry, Allie.

This sucks 6 ways from Sunday.

I hope it helps to know you and yours are in my prayers.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:57 AM »
I really am so sorry, Allie.

This sucks 6 ways from Sunday.

I hope it helps to know you and yours are in my prayers.

Hey, we been talkin' about this between each other for quite a while. We both know we haven't exactly lived healthy lifestyles, but I'll tell ya the truth, it's been one helluva ride and neither one of us would trade our experiences and the knowledge and wisdom we have accumulated to live another minute if it comes down to it. He's 63, has 2 daughters, a step son, an ex-wife from hell, and memories that most men dream of.

I could write a book on some of the shit we've pulled, but I'd prolly get a visit from Sargent O'Malley and the FBI, lol!

Your prayers and the fact ya give a damn means all the world to me. I've been thru the school of hard knocks and this is just another bump in the road. It's always good to talk to friends that even though we have never actually met in person, I feel like I know most of you. Always helps to come by here to get my head straight whenever I hit another speed bump.

You guys are the best! Bunch of ****in' assholes, but we're poured outa the same mold, what can I say, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

We actually had a bet who would push up daisies first, heh, heh!

Thanx for the support, luv ya all!