Author Topic: Why is Rolling Stone getting so much flack for that rape article  (Read 2811 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member malaise (128,112 posts)

Why is Rolling Stone getting so much flack for that rape article

while Fox News lies are repeated by other networks and cable channels and never retracts or apologizes for LIES 24/7

Maybe because rolling stone is a left wing rag and lied to push an agenda like DUmmies do?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026465267

Offline ChuckJ

Re: Why is Rolling Stone getting so much flack for that rape article
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 12:12:21 PM »
If FOX News lies 24/7 that's a lot of lies. A ton of lies. Why don't you list just 10 of the lies that they put out last week for us?

I'll suppose I'll wait on the list while I wait for Buzz to answer the question I politely asked multiple times.

When we are talking about the bakery we’re talking about someone providing or denying a service. Let’s just forget about the bakery and focus on providing or denying a service.

I claim to have been born right-wing just like a homosexual claims to have been born homosexual. Should DU be allowed to deny me a service based on my right-wingism? If so, why?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:14:43 PM by ChuckJ »
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »
Maybe because there are, or should be, consequences of making false accusations, including defamation suits and loss of readership.

I'm personally waiting for the UVA chapter of Phi Kappa Psi, and/or national organization, to sue, considering they were accused of "ritualized rape", implying there has been a long string of them, and this ONE victim finally spoke out.

Rolling Stone could stop the damage in 3 simple steps, and probably avoid losing a lawsuit:
1) Make a sincere apology to those they FALSELY ACCUSED of a heinous crime.
2) Fire the author and editor responsible for that article. Even if the author had an agenda, the editor should be there to check that the homework was done, i.e. calling someone to confirm the event happened.
3) Announce a policy of two editors double-checking sources when there are criminal allegations being made in an article.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
Our problem here is that DUmmies and, liberals in general, see no problem with lying to get what they want but, they also know that conservatives value truthfulness.  So to have it both ways, they lie about pretty much everything (much like muzzies) and project their nasty habits on conservatives.  This seems to work very well on Rinos.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 01:04:17 PM »
I see the point. The Michael Sheppard lie did so much damage with no repercussions, Why should RS be held to a higher standard? The MS lie got Thought Crimes institutionalized and ripped a huge chunk of The Constitution out.

All. On. A. Lie.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »
Response to Erich Bloodaxe BSN (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 6, 2015, 10:09 AM

Star Member trumad (38,356 posts)
3. Because we Progressives live in a fact based world.

And when the facts are incorrect we will call it out every time.

Pretty simple in mho.

Now that is funny right there!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »
Our problem here is that DUmmies and, liberals in general, see no problem with lying to get what they want but, they also know that conservatives value truthfulness.  So to have it both ways, they lie about pretty much everything (much like muzzies) and project their nasty habits on conservatives.  This seems to work very well on Rinos.
They also know there will probably be no consequences for lying.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:53:57 PM by FiddyBeowulf »
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »
They also know there will probably no consequences for lying.

Buzzy is a prime example.  He gets caught in lie after lie and he gets all butthurt when you don't take his word as gospel.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »
Maybe because there are, or should be, consequences of making false accusations, including defamation suits and loss of readership.

I'm personally waiting for the UVA chapter of Phi Kappa Psi, and/or national organization, to sue, considering they were accused of "ritualized rape", implying there has been a long string of them, and this ONE victim finally spoke out.

Rolling Stone could stop the damage in 3 simple steps, and probably avoid losing a lawsuit:
2) Fire the author and editor responsible for that article. Even if the author had an agenda, the editor should be there to check that the homework was done, i.e. calling someone to confirm the event happened.
3) Announce a policy of two editors double-checking sources when there are criminal allegations being made in an article.

No matter: If I was UVA, the Frat, and any member thereof, I would SUE until the cows come home!  and then shut that ra down (like all pulp-based pubs it is destined to the trash heap anyway -- just accelerating the inevitable).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »
Buzzy is a prime example.  He gets caught in lie after lie and he gets all butthurt when you don't take his word as gospel.

Appeal To Authority (no matter how obscure) -- Rx-H for interwebz butt-hurt.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 03:48:43 PM »
Maybe the reason Libs & Progs can't get traction with all their claims of Fox News "lies" is because they aren't ......... lies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »

while Fox News lies are repeated by other networks and cable channels and never retracts or apologizes for LIES 24/7

can you list one, just one lie that Fox has told and has been repeated by other networks and cable channels?

I'll wait for your reply
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »
can you list one, just one lie that Fox has told and has been repeated by other networks and cable channels?

I'll wait for your reply

Every time I have seen some liberal claim to have caught Fox News lying, they were wrong. It was usually a case of Fox reporting a story that another news source had broken and gotten wrong. Fox corrects their stories when this happens instead of just ignoring it and carrying on like the liberals do.

Offline freedumb2003b

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »
For those wishing for a lawsuit, I give you the following:

http://twitchy.com/2015/04/06/awesome-phi-kappa-psi-fraternity-at-uva-is-suing-rolling-stone-magazine/

Since RS probably isn't rolling in cash assets, maybe they could start a gofundme or wishadupe page.  That worked well for that pizza place, didn't it?

I'd be nervous bringing suit as they might just hand over the keys and walk off, leaving you with their debts.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
I actually visited that frat house before.  I didn't go to the school, and I didn't belong to the frat, but everyone was welcoming and let my buddy and I stay and party late night.*

*I did not witness any gang rapings.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 01:48:25 AM »
Since RS probably isn't rolling in cash assets, maybe they could start a gofundme or wishadupe page.  That worked well for that pizza place, didn't it?

I'd be nervous bringing suit as they might just hand over the keys and walk off, leaving you with their debts.

I assure you early Discovery includes the Balance Sheet -- and they might be able to reach into the assets of the individuals as Discovery only needs a localized nexus.

Courts do not award negative rewards.  If the litigant is underwater they are hat s called "judgment proof" -- nothing to award but they may be liquidated in the hands of a Marshall to see if there are liquid assets.  The creditors would get completely screwed.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 01:53:19 AM »

You mean like Harry Reid did on the floor of the Senate to Mitt Romney ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 02:36:16 AM »

Hmmmm.... found that exact same troll comment, very close to verbatim, at Breitbart.   

Ahhh shit, now I can't find it....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:38:49 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 02:38:12 AM »

This was not done. they apologized to readers, not to those who were falsely accused.
this was not done. The editor and lying b!tch are still there despite breaking every rule of journalism. They said this was not worthy of anyone being fired.
Again, not done. RS is only sorry they got caught. you cannot expect liberals to police themselves.
my comments in red.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 07:00:01 AM »
Out of all the branches of the liberal media, I have long considered Rolling Stone magazine to be easily the most repulsive. At least televised liberal news pundits make a vague attempt to be somewhat balanced in order to avoid alienating too many viewers and thus losing ratings. Rolling Stone's writers, especially the pitiful d- bag Matt Taibbi, have no such concerns, they gleefully revel in their massive hatred of all things conservative, all things Christian, and generally all things good or decent. At the same time, they portray drug dealers, Iraqi insurgents, and the Palin email hacker as wonderful heroes, and put the Boston Marathon Bomber on their cover looking like a rock star.

Maybe because rolling stone is a left wing rag and lied to push an agenda like DUmmies do?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026465267
The other main reason why is because if not us, then absolutely no one will raise issue with this blatant lie. Rolling Stone's general reader base certainly won't, since at least 96% of Rolling Stone's readers are brain- damaged twentysomethings who spend their every waking minute in a drug- induced haze (The magazine really ought to change its title to "Rolling Stoners" for that reason).
The worst thing is, not only did RS's owners refuse to fire the author or editor of the article (Even though doing so would be the standard, expected, responsible thing to do for any media publication that had even the slightest modicum of care for journalistic integrity or honor), but they said they won't even change their editing process at all in the wake of this scandal. In other words, they haven't learned a blessed thing from this, and it's just a matter of time before it happens again.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:02:29 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 07:03:21 AM »

You morons are sure in love with the whole "fake but accurate" meme aren't you.

Never mind that it was a complete lie....just as long as it furthers the agenda and the narrative.

Name one lie.  You've got a surrogate here in the form of Buzz Click...send them to him so he can have them refuted for all of you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0