Author Topic: TorchTheWitch is being thrown out  (Read 17369 times)

Offline CC27

TorchTheWitch is being thrown out
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »
TorchTheWitch (10,733 posts)

OMG I'm going to be thrown into the street!

I've not said much on DU lately because I've been so busy trying to save my own life. The district court ran roughshod all over my rights and PA law and went ahead with a hearing a mere few days after I first found out my slumlord wanted to evict me. The slumlord never served a Notice to Quit on me and the court knew that and scheduled a hearing anyway. I even said this to the judge at the hearing I had no other choice but to go to and he just ignored it. He let her blab on and on slandering both me and innocent people like the plumber though he did say he didn't believe her. At least I was able to get him to see the photos of the worst of the damage but other than that he wouldn't even let me speak in my own defense even when I had evidence to refute her epic lies.

The judge got a township inspector in to inspect the property which I'd been trying to do for a week but I wasn't allowed to speak to him or point out anything he missed! During the next hearing after the inspection the judge talked about the inspector's report which I didn't get a copy of and wasn't even allowed to see! I don't even know what was being talked about concerning the report during the hearing between the slumlord and the judge. Every time it was my turn to speak he just interrupted me as soon as I opened my mouth not letting me refute a thing she said like saying I never paid a security deposit when I had proof with me with her signature of the original document she signed accounting for all the money I paid her when I signed the lease which included first and last month's rent and security deposit.

A few days later I get the judgment in the mail which I couldn't even understand. After talking to the idiot clerks in his office it looks like I can stay here but I have only 10 days from the date of the judgment to pay her around $2000 or I can appeal to the county court. By the time I got the judgment in the mail and figured out what it means I have a mere FOUR DAYS to either appeal or get this money into her hand or the constable comes to throw me out on the street and everything I own gets put on the curb and/or the slumlord gets to keep it!!!

Right after the hearing she started harassing me. I knew she was nuts but had no idea she was this psycho. I had to warn the plumber and all his workers and all the agents in the code enforcement office. The plumber already knew she was batty and called me to tell me what she was trying to do and beware. Since then it's been harassing phone calls. Yesterday I went to the police station to ask an officer for advice... really nice and helpful guy. A few hours after that came another of her phone calls that I actually answered this time to tell her that I spoke to the police and that she has to stop harassing me. True to form she went completely off her nut. Scared the hell out of me, so I called the police again and an officer came over. Different one this time, and this one I've met before from walking Yoshi around the police station since it's also a big park and his favorite place to go. Very nice guy, got me calmed down a little, gave me some more advice and said they'd keep an eye on my street and a look out for her and to report to them anything else that she does. He thought she'd done this before since what she was doing kept herself just a hair off the line from at what point they could do something and he warned me that she's likely to escalate and that he thinks Yoshi will keep her out of barging into the house.

Legal aid has been no help. They told me I should file an appeal which is what I'd prefer as it would be cheaper except that it's not cheaper. It's a lot more expensive than paying her this blood money to stay here while I try to find a job so I CAN get out. I'd probably also need an attorney since I don't know what I'm doing and don't even have the time to do it. Since I found out about the hearing I've had no time to gather all the evidence I needed (though I did get most of it) and have barely had any time to sleep much less even think about getting a job.

I desperately need help. At this point I've been beaten down so badly by both the slumlord and the court I can't even think straight anymore. I've been so mentally and emotionally battered that right now I'm really feeling like if the most fabulous job in the world dropped into my lap I wouldn't be able to handle doing it.

I don't have anywhere to go or even anywhere to store my stuff. I'm beside myself with terror about what's going to happen not just to me but to Yoshi who for so long has been the only thing forcing me out of bed every day and to keep plugging away. I can't lose him. I won't. But I won't let either of us live on the street either. Yet I have nowhere to go, not even a piece of floor to borrow from anyone, and I'm struggling as it is just to try to keep the electricity, water, phone and internet on as well as eat and have my meds, too.

OMG, I'm so scared and I just don't know what to do.

I have this feeling the DUmmie did not pay the rent or trashed the place.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026442802

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: TorchTheWitch is being thrown out
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:06 PM »
Meth lab.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline sharkhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
But she had the landlord nailed.  Nailed I tell you.  If she could have only found the other properties this landlord supposedly owned. http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=101388.0

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:52:24 PM »
Notice the last thing added was paying for its meds. Is there a DUmmy that doesn't 'do drugs?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »
Some helpful advice for Torchy the Witch:

Move to Tucson.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »
What?  No gofundme request from her yet?  It must be still in the planning phase.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:27:13 PM »
Notice the last thing added was paying for its meds. Is there a DUmmy that doesn't 'do drugs?
And if the 'meds' are really 'meds', why are they listed after 'internet'?  One would think 'meds' would be a priority, if they are for an actual medical condition.
This too shall pass.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »
What?  No gofundme request from her yet?  It must be still in the planning phase.
Is Wishadoo down?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline CC27

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 06:35:56 PM »

Pam could show her how to set it up.  :fuelfire:

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 06:37:58 PM »
TorchTheWitch (10,733 posts)

OMG I'm going to be thrown into the street!

I've not said much on DU lately because I've been so busy trying to save my own life. The district court ran roughshod all over my rights and PA law and went ahead with a hearing a mere few days after I first found out my slumlord wanted to evict me. The slumlord never served a Notice to Quit on me and the court knew that and scheduled a hearing anyway. I even said this to the judge at the hearing I had no other choice but to go to and he just ignored it. He let her blab on and on slandering both me and innocent people like the plumber though he did say he didn't believe her. At least I was able to get him to see the photos of the worst of the damage but other than that he wouldn't even let me speak in my own defense even when I had evidence to refute her epic lies.

The judge got a township inspector in to inspect the property which I'd been trying to do for a week but I wasn't allowed to speak to him or point out anything he missed! During the next hearing after the inspection the judge talked about the inspector's report which I didn't get a copy of and wasn't even allowed to see! I don't even know what was being talked about concerning the report during the hearing between the slumlord and the judge. Every time it was my turn to speak he just interrupted me as soon as I opened my mouth not letting me refute a thing she said like saying I never paid a security deposit when I had proof with me with her signature of the original document she signed accounting for all the money I paid her when I signed the lease which included first and last month's rent and security deposit.

A few days later I get the judgment in the mail which I couldn't even understand. After talking to the idiot clerks in his office it looks like I can stay here but I have only 10 days from the date of the judgment to pay her around $2000 or I can appeal to the county court. By the time I got the judgment in the mail and figured out what it means I have a mere FOUR DAYS to either appeal or get this money into her hand or the constable comes to throw me out on the street and everything I own gets put on the curb and/or the slumlord gets to keep it!!!

Right after the hearing she started harassing me. I knew she was nuts but had no idea she was this psycho. I had to warn the plumber and all his workers and all the agents in the code enforcement office. The plumber already knew she was batty and called me to tell me what she was trying to do and beware. Since then it's been harassing phone calls. Yesterday I went to the police station to ask an officer for advice... really nice and helpful guy. A few hours after that came another of her phone calls that I actually answered this time to tell her that I spoke to the police and that she has to stop harassing me. True to form she went completely off her nut. Scared the hell out of me, so I called the police again and an officer came over. Different one this time, and this one I've met before from walking Yoshi around the police station since it's also a big park and his favorite place to go. Very nice guy, got me calmed down a little, gave me some more advice and said they'd keep an eye on my street and a look out for her and to report to them anything else that she does. He thought she'd done this before since what she was doing kept herself just a hair off the line from at what point they could do something and he warned me that she's likely to escalate and that he thinks Yoshi will keep her out of barging into the house.

Legal aid has been no help. They told me I should file an appeal which is what I'd prefer as it would be cheaper except that it's not cheaper. It's a lot more expensive than paying her this blood money to stay here while I try to find a job so I CAN get out. I'd probably also need an attorney since I don't know what I'm doing and don't even have the time to do it. Since I found out about the hearing I've had no time to gather all the evidence I needed (though I did get most of it) and have barely had any time to sleep much less even think about getting a job.

I desperately need help. At this point I've been beaten down so badly by both the slumlord and the court I can't even think straight anymore. I've been so mentally and emotionally battered that right now I'm really feeling like if the most fabulous job in the world dropped into my lap I wouldn't be able to handle doing it.

I don't have anywhere to go or even anywhere to store my stuff. I'm beside myself with terror about what's going to happen not just to me but to Yoshi who for so long has been the only thing forcing me out of bed every day and to keep plugging away. I can't lose him. I won't. But I won't let either of us live on the street either. Yet I have nowhere to go, not even a piece of floor to borrow from anyone, and I'm struggling as it is just to try to keep the electricity, water, phone and internet on as well as eat and have my meds, too.

OMG, I'm so scared and I just don't know what to do.

:popcorn:  No job but it also has no time to defend itself.  I suspect DU is taking up a little too much of your time.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 07:15:15 PM »
Tue Mar 31, 2015, 06:15 PM
Star Member Omaha Steve (48,703 posts)
14. Here is the original post from 2-13-15 that will answer a lot of questions

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=6221474

Going back to lurker mode.
Someone must have pissed off the Big Guy.

Damn insensitive DUmmies.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 08:46:10 PM »

I have this feeling the DUmmie did not pay the rent or trashed the place.

That is the DUmbass to sane person translation without all the verbiage the primitive went through.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
It's just amazing how everything is out of her control, and nothing is her responsibility. It really sounds like she deserves to be homeless for a while, maybe it will wake her up.

Offline sharkhawk

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 09:12:18 PM »

I have this feeling the DUmmie did not pay the rent or and trashed the place.

Fixed it

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »
It's just amazing how everything is out of her control, and nothing is her responsibility. It really sounds like she deserves to be homeless for a while, maybe it will wake her up.
somewhere, somehow....it's Bush's fault.

So. do we now have a new Bobo the hobo?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 11:33:41 PM »
And if the 'meds' are really 'meds', why are they listed after 'internet'?  One would think 'meds' would be a priority, if they are for an actual medical condition.

The meds DUmmies take is an euphemism for illegal drugs like meth and LSD.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 11:42:32 PM »

Yoshi the dog deserves a better home and owner, IMO.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 11:46:45 PM »
Yoshi the dog deserves a better home and owner, IMO.
Would you want an animal owned by a DUmmy?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »
A few DUmmies are getting a whiff of stewert:

Tue Mar 31, 2015, 09:24 PM
LeftyMom (47,746 posts)
83. None of this is how evictions work.

I've managed rentals and I've evicted people. There are regional variations and some judges are assholes, but what you're describing isn't how things work anywhere. You're not going to go from a written notice to pay rent or quit to unlawful detainer court to a lockout in six weeks. The system isn't that fast at the best of times in the least complicated cases. UD courts in cities have months long backlogs in the current economy. Likewise no judge is going to refuse to look at your cancelled checks. That's just too silly to even ask people to believe.

I'd advise posters to be skeptical.

DUmpangelnumbers doesn't do skepticism.
Response to LeftyMom (Reply #83)Tue Mar 31, 2015, 09:53 PM
Star Member darkangel218 (10,364 posts)
92. You cant possibly be serious!!!

That's your response to someone who is about to wind up out in the street???!??

Tue Mar 31, 2015, 10:21 PM
Star Member REP (20,311 posts)
110. Bad things do happen

But there are too many things that make no sense. Evictions do not work this way or the way described in the first urgent plea for money. They just don't.

And after she pays this month, what next?

Response to REP (Reply #110)Tue Mar 31, 2015, 10:33 PM
LeftyMom (47,746 posts)
112. For that matter, the story about the inspection makes no sense.

If the inspection found that the place is uninhabitable (and any number of the issues she described would result in that) then the landlord would either have a very short time period to remedy the situation or would not be able to legally rent the unit until it was corrected, depending on local rules and the exact nature of the violation. Collecting rent while the unit is not inhabitable isn't generally allowed, but the tenant would generally have to put the money toward correcting the unit themselves or show that they were setting the money aside. You can't use the existing issues with the unit as an excuse not to pay.

I'm still not sure how issues with the property would result in losing her job, either. The landlord can let workers in, she didn't have to sit around and miss work to open the door for the plumber or something.

In short, nothing about the story makes any sense to me, and I've dealt with some obscure corners of tenancy law and even trained property managers in the weirder possibilities.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
As someone who has rented from scumbag landlords and lived with scumbag renters, the landlord is required to give a 30-day notice of eviction.  A talented layabout or schemer can prolong said eviction up to 90 days, but it does require a few visits to the courthouse.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »
It's OK! Nobody panic; it's ALL going to be OK!

TDale313 (2,921 posts)

123. Sending good thoughts your way
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:20 AM »
It's OK! Nobody panic; it's ALL going to be OK!

Aha.

Another great example of a Skippyism.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 12:10:47 AM »
Aha.

Another great example of a Skippyism.

Oh yeah. Wonder if he's dead or alive.

One way or the other, it's no big deal.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 12:13:09 AM »
Oh yeah. Wonder if he's dead or alive.

One way or the other, it's no big deal.

I dunno, but I already did more than enough to prove to Big Mo that we care about things that affect the primitives if they're important.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 12:13:51 AM »
Some helpful advice for Torchy the Witch:

Move to Tucson.
:-)

Tue Mar 31, 2015, 09:24 PM
LeftyMom (47,746 posts)
83. None of this is how evictions work.

I've managed rentals and I've evicted people. There are regional variations and some judges are assholes, but what you're describing isn't how things work anywhere. You're not going to go from a written notice to pay rent or quit to unlawful detainer court to a lockout in six weeks. The system isn't that fast at the best of times in the least complicated cases. UD courts in cities have months long backlogs, in the current economy.

Unpossible.  You have been listening to rumormongers, Comrade.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:18:31 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx