Author Topic: Diabetic DUmmy's wife gets fired for goofing off  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Diabetic DUmmy's wife gets fired for goofing off
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018729289

Mon Feb 23, 2015, 11:52 AM

Star Member diabeticman (2,485 posts)

Well my wife knew it was coming she got laid off in a sense today
She is with a staffing agency and working for a company on a temp bases but it was suppose to be a 6 month deal. The company wasn't doing the volume it had expected and wife was basically reading books a HUGE chunks during her hours at work. So she knew it would happen but she still has this look in her face. This isn't going to help with her depression and anxiety.

Any suggestions? She is of course looking and has been but I just am worried about her sinking deeper if that makes sense.

Sue...sue...sue. That'll teach em.

Response to diabeticman (Original post)

Mon Feb 23, 2015, 12:20 PM

PasadenaTrudy (2,473 posts)
1. When I get really low

I make myself focus on some little thing that brings me joy and gratitude. Even just the tree by my deck. One can always find something to be grateful for. Reading or watching movies can help. Hopefully the medicine will kick in and help take the edge off, too. Is she healthy enough to take a little walk? It may be too cold where you are, I don't know.

DUmbass. That's why it got fired. They are really disconnected from reality.

Response to diabeticman (Reply #2)

Mon Feb 23, 2015, 12:52 PM

riderinthestorm (17,347 posts)
3. Lots of folks walk in the mall.

It might also help her feel more pro-active if she gets out today and applies at some other temp agencies.

She should also go down to the animal shelter and pet some kitty prospects. Did she ever ask her MD about getting a letter stating that she needs an emotional support animal?

Good luck!

Hopefully when there is a terrorist attack.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Diabetic DUmmy's wife gets fired for goofing off
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
^ you are so mean  :lmao:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
Mrs  d-bag, the imaginary inflatable spouse, lost her imaginary job, and it left her flat.

The d-bag gave us another shoutout:

diabeticman

She is of course looking and has been but I just am worried about her sinking deeper if that makes sense.

More helium, d-bag.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »
Her next job.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

Sue...sue...sue.

Be careful -- you never know what will happen when you say my name 3 times . . .

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Tucker

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 03:44:31 PM »
Be careful -- you never know what will happen when you say my name 3 times . . .

For future reference, I'm a NRA certified pistol instructor.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 03:55:39 PM »
The company wasn't doing the volume it had expected and wife was basically reading books a HUGE chunks during her hours at work.

Maybe instead of sitting on her as reading a book, she should have asked her boss/es if there was any other work to be done, even if in another area.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
Maybe instead of sitting on her as reading a book, she should have asked her boss/es if there was any other work to be done, even if in another area.

Exactly what I was thinking.  If you see the work slowing down, find a way to PROVIDE VALUE.  As you said, go to your boss and say "is there anything we need to do?  Old files to be organized?  Trash to be taken out so we don't need janitors?  In EVERY business there is always SOMETHING that needs doing.  If you do someone else's job, so be it -- you are now 1.5 or 2.0 FTE for the cost of one.

Reading books is NOT contributing to the bottom line (a concept foreign to DUmpmonkies).

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking.  If you see the work slowing down, find a way to PROVIDE VALUE.  As you said, go to your boss and say "is there anything we need to do?  Old files to be organized?  Trash to be taken out so we don't need janitors?  In EVERY business there is always SOMETHING that needs doing.  If you do someone else's job, so be it -- you are now 1.5 or 2.0 FTE for the cost of one.

Reading books is NOT contributing to the bottom line (a concept foreign to DUmpmonkies).

There are times in our shop, (complete electric motor, pumps, welder/generators repair) when business falls off to nothing. Usually only lasts a few weeks at a time, though.  Most of us are willing to take some hours off and split the work to prevent layoffs. No one really bitches about it.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »

The Inflatable Mrs. D could never organize the other inflatable  temps into Inflatable Temp Union Local Number One if she did that!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:22:40 PM by Big Dog »
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:41 PM »
So ...... if she was working a temp job and knew business was slack, why wasn't she already looking for another job? For that matter, a "six month" contract doesn't bind her for that period. Why wasn't she looking for something better while working that temp job? BTDTGTTS.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »
she was really let go because of sexual harassment in the workplace:

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »
Any suggestions?

Here's one, get her a cat.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 10:11:23 PM »
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline ChuckJ

“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 10:55:52 PM »
Amazon has an inflatable cat for only $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/Novelty-Island-Inflatable-Kitty-Cat/dp/B002ONV5A0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1424746053&sr=8-7&keywords=inflatable+cat

I am going to mail one of those to the d-bag and Inflatable Mrs. D. Imagine if they got 10 or 15 of them- we could put the Inflatable Bride into orbit!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »
Why is the nameless wife working a temp job?

because Macy's balloons only work one day a year.