Current Events > Breaking News

Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 12/13

(1/2) > >>

enslaved1:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/12/13/polish-politician-menorah-fire-extinguisher/

--- Quote ---Far-right Polish politician puts out menorah with fire extinguisher
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---A white haze filled the air of Poland’s Parliament in Warsaw after a right-wing lawmaker extinguished the candles of a menorah Tuesday after it had been lit in celebration of Hanukkah.

A video posted by a Polish news outlet shows Grzegorz Braun, a member of the country’s Confederation party, spraying a red fire extinguisher toward the menorah’s candles. The incident delayed a vote of confidence for Donald Tusk, a centrist politician who was nominated Monday as prime minister, the Associated Press reported.
--- End quote ---

What the farfegnugen?  And what qualifies this butt weasel as right wing?   

Old n Grumpy:

--- Quote --- What the farfegnugen?  And what qualifies this butt weasel as right wing?   
--- End quote ---

The left are to embarrassed to claim him  :lmao:

Ptarmigan:
Former Facebook diversity head pleads guilty to stealing millions in kickback scheme, DOJ says
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/former-facebook-diversity-head-pleads-guilty-stealing-millions-kickback-scheme-doj-says

--- Quote ---Furlow-Smiles committed the fraud by linking PayPal, Venmo, and Cash App accounts to credit cards given to her by Facebook and used those accounts to pay friends, relatives, former interns at a prior job, nannies, babysitters, a hairstylist and others for goods and services that were never provided to the company, a federal complaint states.

It was unclear if her associates were being charged in connection with the fraud.

After those people received the payments, they kicked back a percentage of the funds to Furlow-Smiles, prosecutors said. The kickbacks were paid in cash and through transfers to accounts in various names, including the husband of Furlow-Smiles, prosecutors allege.

Some of the kickbacks were allegedly paid in cash sometimes wrapped in T-shirts and other items, the FBI said. She also had Facebook hire vendors that were owned and operated by friends and associates who also paid kickbacks, authorities said.
--- End quote ---

Makes you wonder.

Ptarmigan:
Pennsylvania man takes local officials to court for First Amendment right infringement over front yard sign
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-man-takes-local-officials-court-first-amendment-right-infringement-front-yard-sign

--- Quote ---A Pennsylvania man is taking Olyphant Borough officials to court after a sign he erected on his property was deemed illegal, allegedly infringing on his First Amendment right.

As a Marine veteran, Dave Bliler, his attorney said, understands how important it is to express one’s criticism of the government as it is a foundation of American values that soldiers have died to protect.

After growing frustrated with local government officials over the past several years, Bliler and his family wanted to speak out by erecting a four-by-eight-foot sign in front of their house.

The sign read, "F--- the Government."
--- End quote ---

Government cannot take criticism.

Ptarmigan:
Virginia DoorDash driver carjacked at gunpoint by 11-year-old: ‘Are you serious?’
https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-doordash-driver-carjacked-gunpoint-11-year-old-are-you-serious

--- Quote ---A DoorDash driver in Richmond, Virginia, says she was carjacked at gunpoint by two people — including an 11-year-old boy — while making a delivery.

The driver, 40-year-old Deon Smith, told Scripss New Richmond she was completing a delivery at an apartment complex along the 400 block of Westover Hills Boulevard when she was approached by an 18-year-old man and an 11-year-old boy.

Smith said she initially thought they were asking for money, "but little did I know he was pointing a gun at me asking for my keys."

"When he told me that he was going to shoot me I was like, ‘Are you serious? You want to kill somebody at your age,’" Smith said, recalling the encounter.
--- End quote ---

Criminals are getting younger.

--- Quote ---Police identified the 18-year-old as Jahlia Henley. He and the 11-year-old have been charged with robbery, police said.

The loss of her car has impacted her ability to get to her full-time job as a home health care nurse and to take care of her 10-year-old. She had just recently paid off her car.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version