Author Topic: Attention Texans...  (Read 4720 times)

Offline bkg

Re: Attention Texans...
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

LOOOONG day. Left Dallas at 5am, drove to Austin for breakfast and meetings. Drove to Houston for lunch and meetings. Dropped off a partner resource and just got to the hotel... quick shower and we're off to Capone's for the evening. :cheersmate:

Dallas was fun... Coworkers told the girls at BoneDaddy's that it was my birthday... then commemorated it with a picture that I'm sure will end up on facebook.  :lmao:

Bunch of con-calls tomorrow morning and then I fly home.

Should be an interesting day given the FBI seizure of one of the local Mosques...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
LOOOONG day. Left Dallas at 5am, drove to Austin for breakfast and meetings. Drove to Houston for lunch and meetings. Dropped off a partner resource and just got to the hotel... quick shower and we're off to Capone's for the evening. :cheersmate:

Dallas was fun... Coworkers told the girls at BoneDaddy's that it was my birthday... then commemorated it with a picture that I'm sure will end up on facebook.  :lmao:

Bunch of con-calls tomorrow morning and then I fly home.

Should be an interesting day given the FBI seizure of one of the local Mosques...

Well, if you are really serious about staying in Texas ..... I did some research for you.  Here is a really nice area and I hear the real estate agents are a #1, top notch, best in the business, not to be outsold, etc .... you get the idea.

http://www.waterwoodsales.com

Looks like a BEEEEUUUUUU  tiful area!

KC

PS .... ignore the shameless plug.

:-)
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline bkg

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »
if only it were a real option. I won't be able to anything w/in the company until at least July. And even then, it's going to be an issue of positioning and relocation.

But it is beautiful down here. And even the airport isn't as big of a PITA as MN.  :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »
if only it were a real option. I won't be able to anything w/in the company until at least July. And even then, it's going to be an issue of positioning and relocation.

But it is beautiful down here. And even the airport isn't as big of a PITA as MN.  :-)

I dunno about that......... MSP is way easier to navigate than DFW and MUCH smaller. I went to DFW to drop a friend off in Mar 08. I got lost!! It didn't help that he didn't have a departure gate on his ticket. We wound up having to call his airline to find out what gate to drop him off at. At least at MSP, worst case, one walks the length of the airport at the ticket counters. IMO, MSP is far easier to navigate.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
IMO, MSP is far easier to navigate.

That is just crazy talk.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »
That is just crazy talk.

Then call me crazy. Been to both. Worked at MSP for a while for Delta.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 04:23:19 PM »
The roads around and in DFW Airport are a spaghetti factory.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:25:25 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »
The road around and in DFW Airport are a spaghetti factory.

The roads aren't too bad, it's WHERE to exit off for the different gates. Yeah, I was pretty confused in trying to find my way in there. Two trips around the airport road. I won't even get into 121 coming from Hwy 75. Talk about clusterflucks.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
The roads aren't too bad, it's WHERE to exit off for the different gates. Yeah, I was pretty confused in trying to find my way in there. Two trips around the airport road. I won't even get into 121 coming from Hwy 75. Talk about clusterflucks.

Yeah, they have that all tore up. Getting into DFW from 121...you'd better be ready to trade some paint with the SOB that won't let you exit.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »
Then call me crazy. Been to both. Worked at MSP for a while for Delta.

Hey Crazy! :tongue:

The roads aren't too bad, it's WHERE to exit off for the different gates. Yeah, I was pretty confused in trying to find my way in there. Two trips around the airport road.

Gates are in ascending or descending order depending on if you approach from North or South Entrance.

I won't even get into 121 coming from Hwy 75. Talk about clusterflucks.

Well now, that ain't the airport, that there is McKinney, and it is hosed.

I like that you can get to the terminal, and to your gate quickly.  If you know your gate number.  Otherwise you are hosed.  Especially if you are flying AA.

Delta?  I thought they were strictly an Atlanta based group.  I swear I took a flight from SF to LA once, and had a layover in ATL.... :hyper:

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »
Delta is an ATL based airline, however, they do fly to other airports and need ramp rats and minimal ground crews. Delta had only three gates at MSP.

Offline bkg

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »
I dunno about that......... MSP is way easier to navigate than DFW and MUCH smaller. I went to DFW to drop a friend off in Mar 08. I got lost!! It didn't help that he didn't have a departure gate on his ticket. We wound up having to call his airline to find out what gate to drop him off at. At least at MSP, worst case, one walks the length of the airport at the ticket counters. IMO, MSP is far easier to navigate.

After driving on TX roads, I think anyone who says MN infrastructure is any better - or even on par with TX - needs to put down the crack pipe.  :tongue:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2009, 02:02:15 PM »
DFW Airport is brilliantly simple to navigate.  You have to have blonde brain matter in order to get lost or screwed up. 

If you know the first five letters of the alphabet in order, and if you know the meaning of 'arrival' and 'departure', and if you know the difference between south and north, and if you can drive on a wide modern freeway, and if you can handle left-hand exits, then you have all the lifskills and mental tools you'll need.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »
Nah, that was just a little neener-neenering on my part.  Now if we were talking about Austin, however......  Why does such a pretty place have to be so daggum crazy?

One word

Hippies

They infest Austin