Author Topic: The Official NFL Discussion Thread 2010  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
The Official NFL Discussion Thread 2010
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
Figured I'd start one for all you NFL fans out there. I'm an addict...what can I say? :-)

Post about you team, your rival teams, Recent NFL news, rumors, games, players, etc. Whatever tickles your fancy.

I'm most concentrating on the very first game of the season tomorrow night. Based on the NFC title game last year, Favre is going to get the hell beat out of him...AGAIN! I'm so excited.  :hyper:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: The Official NFL Discussion Thread 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
You know, I have to admit in the only Viking pre-season game I watched, it was immensely satisfying to see Favre get his clock cleaned.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
 :cheersmate:

It's also satisfying to know that the Diva will be without Sidney Rice for half the season.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 02:26:53 PM »
Hey Rev -- what's up with the Eagles only being 3 point dogs on Sunday against GB???  I realize it's a Philly home game so it's a bit more than 3 points but I would've thought the spread would be bigger . . .  do you guys have any significant injuries?

I'm with you -- CANNOT wait 'til tomorrow night's Viking/Saints game.  Even better, Oberdouche won't be injecting his crazy into NBC games!!  :-)

Yeah, the Eagles are probably dead men walking this season but that won't stop me from watching!  :mental:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »
Hey Rev -- what's up with the Eagles only being 3 point dogs on Sunday against GB???  I realize it's a Philly home game so it's a bit more than 3 points but I would've thought the spread would be bigger . . .  do you guys have any significant injuries?

Al Harris will be out for at least the first 6, and I'm not sure about Underwood. He MIGHT play, but if not, Shields will take his place. The guy looked good in the pre-season. Oh, and it doesn't look like Poppinga is gonna play, but he's not a starter either...

I think we can drop the Eagles with a 10 point win, actually.

I'm with you -- CANNOT wait 'til tomorrow night's Viking/Saints game.  Even better, Oberdouche won't be injecting his crazy into NBC games!!  :-)

REALLY!! Awesome. I didn't hear anything about Keef one way or another for MNF, but I'm glad you confirmed. I HATED watching him pregame, halftime, and postgame. The guy said some thing that are most certainly NOT family friendly.

Yeah, the Eagles are probably dead men walking this season but that won't stop me from watching!  :mental:

I don't know. I've seen some decent things from Kolb. Not sure he's ready to be the field general, but it may come with time. I don't know Philly's other weaknesses, but from watching them last year, I would expect a .500 record. 7-9 at the least.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:53:16 AM »
Just hours away now Ladies, and gentlemen. Can't wait!!

When you want the NFL...go to the NFL. ;)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 03:56:50 AM »
Rebuilding year for the Eagles.  Get to see if Kolb learned anything holding a clipboard for two years.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 04:12:36 AM »
Hopefully he doesn't become a knuckle baller, or a deal breaker in the post season. Both of which McNabb are.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 04:20:34 AM »
Hopefully he doesn't become a knuckle baller, or a deal breaker in the post season. Both of which McNabb are.

Hopefully he doesn't get killed with the weaknesses in the line.

Looking forward to seeing Rodgers progress further in Greenbay.  At the end of the day even if we get our clock cleaned I'm going to enjoy seeing Rodgers this year.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
Possibly. The guy actually at this point just needs to keep his mouth shut. "We can't win without him. (Haynesworth)

Now, what do you think THAT'S going to do for morale in the Skin's locker room?

Rodgers is great. He's almost on a top tier with Brees. Actually, he's one of the top 10 players in the NFL right now.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 05:01:35 AM »
Possibly. The guy actually at this point just needs to keep his mouth shut. "We can't win without him. (Haynesworth)

Now, what do you think THAT'S going to do for morale in the Skin's locker room?

Rodgers is great. He's almost on a top tier with Brees. Actually, he's one of the top 10 players in the NFL right now.

Holding a clipboard and practicing for a few years.  The kid worked hard and learned the game.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
Actually, that could be the way Kolb is. Could be the next breakiout QB. He's certainly got weapons in Jackson, Celek, and McCoy.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »
Actually, that could be the way Kolb is. Could be the next breakiout QB. He's certainly got weapons in Jackson, Celek, and McCoy.

I like the kid, I see some weakness on the offensive line.  Young quarterbacks can develop bad habits when they start off with a weaker line with the way they compensate. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:11 AM »
Go Saints! 

That is all.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 07:13:53 AM »
Go Saints! 

That is all.

Agreed!!!!!!!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:18 AM »
Go Saints! 

That is all.

Love Drew Brees.  What is going on in New Orleans couldn't happen to a finer human being and talented athlete. 

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 07:29:01 AM »

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 07:34:04 AM »
Love Drew Brees.  What is going on in New Orleans couldn't happen to a finer human being and talented athlete. 

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlpSG1ImNFg[/youtube]

Brees is class. I wish I were there. This guy absolutely HAS to be a fan favorite.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 08:15:44 AM »
Go Saints! 

That is all.

I concur!!  Had enough of Brett Favrerererer!

I'm actually excited that the Eagles are FINALLY breaking out the Kelly Green throwbacks this Sunday! My favorite Eagles teams were under Vermeil and Buddy Ryan.  Kolb does show promise -- luckily McNabb has killed off all the worms and other assorted critters that were living in the turf at the Linc so hopefully Kolb won't feel the need to sling a 90 mph burner into the grass 5 yards away  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
*AHEM*

First team in to win the Super Bowl in their home stadium.

Just sayin...
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
*AHEM*

First team in to win the Super Bowl in their home stadium.

Just sayin...

Did you hear that the Mayor of Irving said he hoped that Dallas didn't make it to this SB?  Because he thought it would be better for the tourism economy to have two teams from out of the area here.  Whatever!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »
Did you hear that the Mayor of Irving said he hoped that Dallas didn't make it to this SB?  Because he thought it would be better for the tourism economy to have two teams from out of the area here.  Whatever!

Isn't the new stadium in Arlington, not Irving? :uhsure: :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 09:10:11 AM »
Isn't the new stadium in Arlington, not Irving? :uhsure: :-)

A-yup.  Sour Grapes much, ya think???

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:06 AM »
A-yup.  Sour Grapes much, ya think???

I would imagine so.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 09:34:48 AM »
Did you hear that the Mayor of Irving said he hoped that Dallas didn't make it to this SB?  Because he thought it would be better for the tourism economy to have two teams from out of the area here.  Whatever!

I don't imagine any team's fans coming in would help Irving's economy anymore...unless it was the Old Mexico Cucarachas or something.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi