Author Topic: Atman breaking the rules by lurking here and saying so.  (Read 8926 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Atman breaking the rules by lurking here and saying so.
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »
Okay, you wanna let us in on it?

It's one of the three most-affluent counties in all of the counties of the U.S.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline redwhit

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
I used it on fried chicken breasts and it was OK, just not worth the expense of it.

It kinda gets lost on fried food but for baked, especially fish filets, it's awesome.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
It's one of the three most-affluent counties in all of the counties of the U.S.
They may be affluent, but they're also DUmb as oysters.

For two or three years, for some reason I've never been able to figure, I was getting two or three junk e-mails a week from the Howard County Association of Realtors. I filtered them so they went to "Junk e-mail", but it still bugged me that I got so many. They weren't advertising property, or sending information about property in Howard County, they were all solicitations for me to pay dues and join the association. I had to look them up to know it was Maryland.

Aside from buying property, I've never had any contact with a realtor in my life, and I'm certainly not one myself. Except for their grimy Baltimore airport, and the route taken by the limo to D.C., I've never even been in Maryland. I tried clicking on "unsubscribe", to no avail. I started replying to each one asking to be taken off the list, no response, no effect. Finally, I looked up the e-mail addresses of their board members. Each time I got an e-mail, I'd forward it to each board member, along with a friendly request for them take me off their list. Nothing. I changed my requests to be progressively less friendly.

Shortly before my requests to the board members reached the point of illegality, the e-mails suddenly stopped. I never heard a word from anyone at the Howard County Association of Realtors. If I'm ever forced to move to Maryland, the chance of which is less than zero, I would buy my home only from an agent who has no connection whatever to the Howard County Association of DUmbass Realtors. I wonder if Vinnie or Spunkly are members.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
In case Vivismom doesn't stop back:  I hear that Howard County is the bastion of assholery.  They're the ones who have all the petty rules and regulations with brutal enforcement that comes from a bunch of liberals in charge.  Nanny state totalitarianism run wild.  You couldn't pay me to go to Maryland. 

GOBUCKS, your catfish sounds great, I'll be over tonight.   :drool:

You, my dear, are on the money.

Howard County is indeed a bastion of assholery. Full of wealthy democrats, it prides itself on being the 'best' of Maryland. Nevermind that a townhouse will run you upwards of $300K, and if you make less than six figures you can pretty much bet living in HoCo is out of the question. Not only do they have the usual taxes, but depending on where you live you also have to pay a town fee (the 'privilege of living in HoCo' fee) in addition to a HOA fee. No poor people in HoCo!

Their motto is 'Choose Civility' and yet everyone there is a smug, entitled asshole. Some parts are worse than others, but in general the closer you are to Columbia, the worse it gets. Columbia is the epicenter of smug assholery, where everyone drives Escalades and Jaguars plastered with 'save the earth!' bumperstickers, the strollers are all Bugaboos, and everyone wears designer clothes (despite saying how much they despise the working conditions of the kids who make those clothes.)

IMO, Stinky is your typical HoCo resident: smug, pretending to care about the environment and the poor, all the while living in his upscale community in his wealthy suburb that has no poor people to speak of. Thinking that more government is better because HE likes it and it's what HE is used to.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
IMO, Stinky is your typical HoCo resident: smug, pretending to care about the environment and the poor, all the while living in his upscale community in his wealthy suburb that has no poor people to speak of. Thinking that more government is better because HE likes it and it's what HE is used to.

Whoa.

My pal Vinnie, my favorite literary critic, lives not only in the suburbs of Baltimore, but in the most-affluent suburb of Baltimore.

This is the guy who, on Skins's island, always brags about how proud he is of his congressman, Emanuel Cummings, or whatever his name is, because he's a black guy.

How come Vinnie's not living in inner-city Baltimore then, to show his solidarity?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »
Whoa.

My pal Vinnie, my favorite literary critic, lives not only in the suburbs of Baltimore, but in the most-affluent suburb of Baltimore.

This is the guy who, on Skins's island, always brags about how proud he is of his congressman, Emanuel Cummings, or whatever his name is, because he's a black guy.

How come Vinnie's not living in inner-city Baltimore then, to show his solidarity?

Oh no, Baltimore City (well, what isn't Federal Hill or Fells Point) is for the poors. Why live there when he can live in the lily-white enclave of Howard County? He can still care about the poors, he just doesn't want to live amongst them.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Stinky the Clown.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
Oh no, Baltimore City (well, what isn't Federal Hill or Fells Point) is for the poors. Why live there when he can live in the lily-white enclave of Howard County? He can still care about the poors, he just doesn't want to live amongst them.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Stinky the Clown.

Well, madam, I'm truly disappointed in my good pal Vinnie.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Let's just of my favorite sitcoms one is based in Manhattan and two are based in Queens. It came from one of those.  :wink:

Nothing, Bally? I figured a yankee New Yorker would get that in a heartbeat.

AIS came from Everybody Loves Raymond. He AIS'd Debra when they were supposed to go to an event and said his dad did it to them. In the end, he used his dad as an excuse. Then his dad said, "Yeah, to you kids, but never to your mother. You think I'm insane?".  :-)

Seinfeld, King of Queens, and Everybody Loves Raymond. 3 of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

...before anyone asks, no, I didn't care for Cheers.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »

AIS came from Everybody Loves Raymond. He AIS'd Debra when they were supposed to go to an event and said his dad did it to them. In the end, he used his dad as an excuse. Then his dad said, "Yeah, to you kids, but never to your mother. You think I'm insane?".  :-)

Seinfeld, King of Queens, and Everybody Loves Raymond. 3 of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

I'm a HUGE Seinfeld fan but didn't get the reference LOL. My Husband loves King of Queens, we don't watch Everybody Love Raymond though.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »

I've never seen an episode of any of those sitcoms.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »

How come Singers and Actors always live in cushy safe Republican areas yet espouse politics that create conditions in places they refuse to live?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
How come Singers and Actors always live in cushy safe Republican areas yet espouse politics that create conditions in places they refuse to live?

That reminds me of one of my favorite concert movies, Festival Express. Some of the greatest hippie-dippy bands of the late '60s-early-'70s were on this train touring through Canada. What a rukus ensued when some of the hippies tried to storm the fences and watch the shows for free. Those guys became capitalists pretty damn quick.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7-6vsNgcRQ[/youtube]
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »

HI 5 for the bolded! Totally agree!

Offline redwhit

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2011, 06:53:13 AM »

Brilliant question - now that's an essay worth writing!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »
I've never seen an episode of any of those sitcoms.

You're missing out on some good comedy. Kevin James is perhaps one of the most naturally funny guys to ever walk the earth.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site