Author Topic: Two explosions at Boston Marathon Finish line.  (Read 17760 times)

Offline A7X_foREVer

Re: Two explosions at Boston Marathon Finish line.
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
I think you are right.

I pray that we do not ever have to face another 9/11
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline thundley4

« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
I pray that we do not ever have to face another 9/11

A lot of widespread smaller attacks could do as much damage to the American psyche as one large attack.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
I think that it is going to just get worse instead of better
Sadly, you are right.

A lot of widespread smaller attacks could do as much damage to the American psyche as one large attack.
Very true. Already there are bomb threats being made. I suspect the next attacks are likely in places we would least expect. I am way more concerned of bombings like in Boston than biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:32:17 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline CG6468

« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »
I think they have been "sleeping".  There is no way we don't have the "sleeper cells" with our lax borders.  They have lost their "effect" over there and now are waking up here to start it up.

I agree, Gina. I think they exist all around this country.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline A7X_foREVer

« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »

Never thought about that great point
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline olde north church

• Don't strive to be liked, strive to be admired.
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »
I think we are going to be having a bunch of these now.  Best way to invoke fear and tear up an economy is to attack random places (Walmart, fair, Mall) and scare people into going out shopping.  IMO.

yeah, we might "tear up an economy"

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2013, 04:35:45 PM »
Remember what Sun Tzu said? Wars are won with the hearts and minds of the people 1. Same goes for attacks. If they can shake our core and we do nothing than the enemy has won.

1 Paraphrase

Offline Dori

« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »
I'm actually surprised we haven't seen any successful bombings since 911.

There are so many venues where they could carry this out without detection. :(

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13:12 PM »
Remember what Sun Tzu said? Wars are won with the hearts and minds of the people 1. Same goes for attacks. If they can shake our core and we do nothing than the enemy has won.

1 Paraphrase

Exactly.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
I have wondered why we have not been attacked since 9/11 also. With a weak Prez, and a racist, muzzie loving A. G., they may see the time is ripe for future terror attacks. Major Hasan should be swinging from a tree about right now. The stupid idiots in the W.H. are hoping and praying that it is not a raghead that did this deed in Boston.  

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
Well, if I were Al Qaeda with sleeper cells all over the place, I'd activate them now. We have a weak president. We truly are the paper tiger they thought we were when Bush was president. The entire world knows our president has no backbone. It's perfect for them. What better time to create discouragement in the American people. Our economy is in the tank, our national debt is killing us, many people are so discouraged they've completely given up on trying to find work. Having lost their pride, they've resigned themselves to being under the government's care.

The "work place incident" which the entire country knows (even the left who try not to admit it to themselves), was terrorism. But we have a government that fails to call it what it is. Whether the press gave it it's due or not, Benghazi sits in the back of the country's mind. False blame to try to hide their absolute failure, watching our citizens die in real time, words that sound tough but are quickly forgotten by the president who said them. He had no intention of finding the guilty and bringing them to justice. He's too busy trying to strenghthen the government and weaken the citizens. Everyone knows that. The world that supposedly likes us now, only does so because they know we are weaker than them. China, Russia and Al Qaeda laugh behind our backs every day. This is the best opportunity Islamic terrorists have had and they know it.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams