Author Topic: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010  (Read 38560 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010
« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »
Should be interesting indeed.
I can see a couple of primitives really fighting for the top DUmmie award. :-)

Actually, last year's top winner, the greenbirar primitive, had just been a casual nomination at the time nominations were being made.  It was after nominations were closed, and that voting actually began, when the greenbriar primitive made a rather spectacular campaign to seize the number one spot, which she did.

But she wouldn't have, if she hadn't campaigned during the voting, which is for about ten days.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline true_blood

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2010, 03:29:48 PM »
Actually, last year's top winner, the greenbirar primitive, had just been a casual nomination at the time nominations were being made.  It was after nominations were closed, and that voting actually began, when the greenbriar primitive made a rather spectacular campaign to seize the number one spot, which she did.
But she wouldn't have, if she hadn't campaigned during the voting, which is for about ten days.
I can see that happening again. :naughty:

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2010, 03:40:06 PM »
Very cool. Thanks.
This is my first "primitive election" as I joined CC sometime during this summer, give or take. Should be interesting indeed. :popcorn:

You joined in the Summer and have all them posts!!

:postwhore: :tongue:

JK.  :-)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »
You joined in the Summer and have all them posts!!

:postwhore: :tongue:

JK.  :-)
Half of them contain all of one or two words and a whole lot of smileys  :loser: :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Half of them contain all of one or two words and a whole lot of smileys  :loser: :tongue:

So?   :-)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
Very cool. Thanks.
This is my first "primitive election" as I joined CC sometime during this summer, give or take. Should be interesting indeed. :popcorn:

Ditto. You guys know me, and my football, so I may have to hold off voting tomorrow, and go for it Monday.  :-)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2010, 04:57:19 PM »
Since I don't know a lot of DU posters I think I'm going to have to review a bunch of threads before voting.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »
Since I don't know a lot of DU posters I think I'm going to have to review a bunch of threads before voting.

Do what I do--look at whoever the other Cavers have voted for, and the reasoning why.  Then go from there. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2010, 05:21:47 PM »
Do what I do--look at whoever the other Cavers have voted for, and the reasoning why.  Then go from there. 

Oh, do people give their reasons for voting for a particular person? or is a synopsis provided for each nomination to help with our decisions?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »

That's why, when making nominations, although it's not required, it's good to defend or publicize one's choices, a sort of "inform the voters" thing.

It's done on the voting thread too--since one can change one's original votes any time during the nine or ten days voting occurs--where voters defend or promote their choices.

Me?  I just look at the list, and determine which of the ****heads gave me the most stomach-acid all year long.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2010, 05:29:19 PM »
Oh, do people give their reasons for voting for a particular person? or is a synopsis provided for each nomination to help with our decisions?

Ideally, it's supposed to work that one gives one's reasons during the nomination thread, and just votes in the voting thread.

But inevitably some give reasons in the voting thread too, so as to persuade other voters.

It's sort of a problem, but it's inevitable, and so Mr. Wiggum and franksolich just go with the flow.

If one wants to give one's reasons in the voting thread, it's copacetic; we're cool with it.

As for a synopsis, no.

The official ballot has only the official primitive screen-names, so as to keep confusion at a minimum.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »
Thank You!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
Nominations for the Top DUmmies (primitives) of 2010 are now closed.

The official voting thread will be posted sometime on Sunday, December 5.

I thank everyone for their participation.
apres moi, le deluge