Author Topic: What does 35 pounds look like?  (Read 7809 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: What does 35 pounds look like?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 05:21:13 AM »
wow... awesome job Celtic Rose! I was telling BEG that i want to lose some weight so my boobs get smaller and i can get a better follow thru in my swing (for golf) ..

so.. to start with, i'm watching The Biggest Loser  :popcorn: :-)

but seriously, congratulations.. i know its a hard job but you look just beautiful.

My boobs haven't got much smaller at all  :mental: I figure they just make my waist look smaller :p

The biggest loser is great motivation. Good luck!

I was going to say something abut shedding some lbs but still keeping the great uhhh....... smile. (thought it might come out as to subtle or to creepy, but since you mentioned it...)

sigh

Your an insperation anywho. I'm on day 10 of not smoking. (it's fu**ing awsome  :angryvillagers:

Rearden, that is AWESOME!!! Definitely, keep up the good work. My sil, after a couple of surgeries now to mend damage to her arteries, has stopped smoking for about 5 months now after smoking nearly her whole life. Her health is gradually improving and after losing her brother a few days ago to what looks like complications of emphysema, I'm hoping we don't ever go through the same with her now, at least not until she's an old old lady when one would expect to lose a relative.

Good on you!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 05:23:40 AM »
wow... awesome job Celtic Rose! I was telling BEG that i want to lose some weight so my boobs get smaller and i can get a better follow thru in my swing (for golf) ..

but seriously, congratulations.. i know its a hard job but you look just beautiful.

My boobs haven't got much smaller at all  :mental: I figure they just make my waist look smaller :p

I was going to say something abut shedding some lbs but still keeping the great uhhh....... smile. (thought it might come out as to subtle or to creepy, but since you mentioned it...)

sigh

Your an insperation anywho. I'm on day 10 of not smoking. (it's fu**ing awsome  :angryvillagers:

oh yeah, i know men love the big boob thing... for us ladies, its just a pain.

the cute tops and summer stuff is all for smaller boobed women..

thats some motivation as i have a new clothing line i want to get into (its called Free People, if any of the ladies are interested) and their stuff is just adorable.

and God Speed on quitting smoking.. probably the hardest addiction of all to beat.. i wish you luck!

Speak for yourself. I love my boobs!  :-) I do just fine wearing summer clothes.  :naughty: Brings me to another point, why are gay men designing clothes for women? Ithink that explains a lot of why they don't fit women's bodies properly.

Lauri, I'm funnin' with you, but it did make me think about why women's clothing is not cut properly in a lot of instances.

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 06:32:53 AM »
You look great Celtic Rose.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 06:45:47 AM »
Maybe I am a retard and missed it but tell us what you did in order to lose that much weight.  You do look great. 

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 08:23:15 AM »
Way to go Rose!

I'm doing a similar thing (-31 lb so far, 30 more to go) so I know it's not easy.
Keep it up!

Oh, and BTW:

:sheshot:

:-)
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Flame

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 08:25:06 AM »
CR, you look great!!

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »
Maybe I am a retard and missed it but tell us what you did in order to lose that much weight.  You do look great. 

I didn't actually tell, so you didn't miss it :)

I joined Weight Watchers, which I found to be an easier way to count my food consumption than calories because the numbers are just smaller and they tell you exactly how much you should eat.  I also started a martial arts class which I go to twice a week, and several of my coworkers walked everyday at lunch through summer and fall for about 40 minutes.

Mostly it ended up being watching what I'm eating, with an emphasis on eating more fruits and vegetables rather than less of anything else, and moderate exercise.  Nothing too crazy  :-)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »
Well done Rose. Are you going to share your secret?  You look so confident in the second photo you must be very happy with your efforts.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 08:28:51 AM »

sigh

oh yeah, i know men love the big boob thing... for us ladies, its just a pain.

the cute tops and summer stuff is all for smaller boobed women..

thats some motivation as i have a new clothing line i want to get into (its called Free People, if any of the ladies are interested) and their stuff is just adorable.

and God Speed on quitting smoking.. probably the hardest addiction of all to beat.. i wish you luck!

Speak for yourself. I love my boobs!  :-) I do just fine wearing summer clothes.  :naughty: Brings me to another point, why are gay men designing clothes for women? Ithink that explains a lot of why they don't fit women's bodies properly.

Lauri, I'm funnin' with you, but it did make me think about why women's clothing is not cut properly in a lot of instances.

What bugs me is how there is apparently no communication between clothes manufacturers about clothing size.  I seriously have tops in every size from small to extra large that fit me well.  That means that I really can't just pull a top off the rack and buy it, I have to try it on every single time. 

I think you may be on to something witht he gay men designers  :mental:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »

What bugs me is how there is apparently no communication between clothes manufacturers about clothing size.  I seriously have tops in every size from small to extra large that fit me well.  That means that I really can't just pull a top off the rack and buy it, I have to try it on every single time. 

I think you may be on to something witht he gay men designers  :mental:
[/quote]

Gay men don't even care for the female form, why would they be in teh business of clothing it? Of course, our options with straight men might be push up bras and garter belts so maybe there is a reason for it.  :lmao:

Ditto on the shirt thing. I have to try it on to be certain. It can vary. What I do know from my days of jaunting about with such types and making clothes myself is that a designer generally has a 'type' of person in mind when they make the cut and design. Some designers make clothes with a female with a straight line from hip to waste and small breasts and their sizes from s-xl may not fit a woman with curves well at all because of the cut. Other designers aim for more full figured types or more athletic builds. I do think that accounts for some variation in size.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 08:56:56 AM »
well, look at the female form on any catwalk... she has no breasts and the rest of her body looks more male than female..

the average sized woman is a 12 or 14 in America but the press in hollywood were just making fun of some actress for being 'fat' at size 2..

i think you may be on to something as well, regarding the whole gay man thing. although, the women designers arent much better..

i just wanna know who wears all that outrageous stuff we see in magazines.. the giant hats and weird stuff. yuck..

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 08:57:31 AM »
Great job!  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »

Gay men don't even care for the female form, why would they be in teh business of clothing it? Of course, our options with straight men might be push up bras and garter belts so maybe there is a reason for it.  :lmao:

I like to see ladies that look like ladies not teenage boys.
Curves and hips and a figure are good not bad.

Beautiful women are that way because of what is inside not an airbrushed phoney or medically purchased outside.

</rant>

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »

Beautiful women are that way because of what is inside not an airbrushed phoney or medically purchased outside.

</rant>

You are right, Carl. Us ladies can be a bit hard on ourselves.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »

</rant>

Thank you very much. I think we probably all need to hear that now and then :)  :-*

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
Looking good, CR. Great job on the weight loss.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline jendf

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »
You look terrific in both pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss. I know from experience how tough it is!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 09:40:40 AM »
You look AWESOME!!!

Congrats!!!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »
WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD going!!! You look really good, and I truly mean that  :blowkiss:

My goal is to lose 30 pounds this year. You have inspired me.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline seemomgonuts

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »
Great job!!!!!! You look awesome!!!!!! Congrats on keeping your boobs.  :bawl: I went down a cup size when I lost weight.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »
Congrats on the success  :cheersmate:....What's your secret??

Offline Papakvapilak

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
Great job! You look fabulous.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »
You're a beautiful woman CR! You know I've always had a thing for you.  :-*
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2008, 11:29:59 PM »
Great job!!!!!! You look awesome!!!!!! Congrats on keeping your boobs.  :bawl: I went down a cup size when I lost weight.

I did go down a cup size, I just had a cup size to spare  :lmao: 

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
You're a beautiful woman CR! You know I've always had a thing for you.  :-*

Back at you babe  :-*