Current Events > Breaking News

Michigan Getting Pummeled by COVID After Firing Unvaxxed Healthcare Workers

(1/2) > >>

SVPete:
Michigan Getting Pummeled by COVID After Firing Unvaxxed Healthcare Workers

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2022/01/04/michigan-getting-pummeled-by-covid-after-firing-unvaxxed-healthcare-workers-n1546890

--- Quote ---Michigan’s Henry Ford Health System (HFHS), which owns five hospitals in the Detroit metro area, is getting battered by new cases of the Bat Flu. HFHS has roughly 32,000 employees, and 686 have tested positive for the Chinese Sneeze in the past seven days. That’s roughly 2% of their staff.

But wait, this is omicron. Almost no one dies from it. What’s the problem?

HFHS also closed 97 beds, roughly 5% of their 2,000 total beds, due to “staffing shortages.” Reminder: HFHS fired 400 workers last October for not getting vaccinated. This clownish decision came after they were hit by “unprecedented staffing challenges, only exasperated by this pandemic.”

Roughly 1,900 employees were granted exemptions from the HFHS vaccine mandate.

So you were low on workers and you canned 400 more? Now Michigan is setting records for COVID cases. Who would make that kind of decision?
--- End quote ---

Ever since the idea started being floated around among the chatterati, I've opposed Covid vaccine mandates on two bases: principle; unworkability. My mistake wrt mandates was thinking that gooberment pols and bureaucrats would realize mandates could not work and would be smart enough not to try it. I was wrong, and they are trying it. And learning the hard way that mandates are unworkable, this being a localized example of what is happening in many/most US states.

Eupher:
Those pesky unintended consequences again, hospital admin types. They'll bite you in the ass every time when you're too stupid to figure out your virtue-signaling will inevitably take a dump in your bedpan.

DefiantSix:
Sure sucks living in a leftist-run shithole, don't it???

(I can say this, as I am someone with family in this particular leftist-run shithole...)

Eupher:

--- Quote from: DefiantSix on January 05, 2022, 01:36:27 PM ---Sure sucks living in a leftist-run shithole, don't it???

(I can say this, as I am someone with family in this particular leftist-run shithole...)

--- End quote ---

I was born in that leftist-run shithole -- but it wasn't that way then. It got that way thanks to leftist, mostly black, politicians in Detroit and Wayne County. Their greed, their propensity for nepotism, and their unmitigated corruption created what was once a good place to work and raise a family into a ...

... leftist-run shithole.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: DefiantSix on January 05, 2022, 01:36:27 PM ---Sure sucks living in a leftist-run shithole, don't it???

--- End quote ---

yep.  they may have more people die from lack of medical care because they don't have trained medical staff available due to firings than people who would have died from catching the fauci flu from said unvaxed medical staff. 

Well Done Michigan!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version