Current Events > Breaking News

NFL Hall of Fame coach, broadcasting icon John Madden dies at 85

<< < (2/2)

FlaGator:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on December 29, 2021, 07:05:36 AM ---Yep, the Madden Cruiser.

Am old enough to barely remember him from late in his very short and successful NFL coaching career, and then the iconic Miller Lite ads.  I suppose the younger video gamers probably only associate him with his "John Madden Football" video game, which really transformed the at home sports video game platform.

The man was a legend in many ways, and an endlessly entertaining NFL analyst.  RIP big fella.

--- End quote ---

I remember him most for the six-legged turkey on Thanksgiving Day games.

SVPete:
I didn't realize he was at the Raiders for just 9 or 10 seasons. He kind of defined the team from my view point. To some degree I was a Raiders fan then and until Davis gamed LA and Oakland, bleeping over fans.

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: FlaGator on December 29, 2021, 07:09:51 AM ---I remember him most for the six-legged turkey on Thanksgiving Day games.

--- End quote ---

The "turducken".  While he was a damn great NFL coach before his early retirement from the sideline, he and Bob Uecker catapulted to fame for those Miller Lite commercials in the '70's.

Here's a later one:

https://youtu.be/zR5fD2Bc53E

Drafe Hoblin:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on December 29, 2021, 09:39:06 AM ---The "turducken".

--- End quote ---

I forgot about 'turducken'.  My sister & family-members actually 'made' a few for Thanksgiving back then.  -The duck being a little oily, but on the plate, the taste fit right in.  They called the gravy 'duck-gravy' even though it was mostly turkey, which my mom probably had a hand in suggesting.

My mom didn't care for Madden...  " He's too loud.  And he tells you what you're already seeing. "   She was a Cosell-fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version