Author Topic: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010  (Read 38564 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »
Frank, who was the poster that started a thread happily saying he got his Visa for I think Portugal? and I think he was under the assumption that he was going to be able to get a job there even though Europe is having economic problems?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 09:51:08 AM »
Frank, who was the poster that started a thread happily saying he got his Visa for I think Portugal? and I think he was under the assumption that he was going to be able to get a job there even though Europe is having economic problems?

I think that was the TwixVoy primitive from Target.

But it needs confirmed; I'm only 99% certain, not 100% certain.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline longview

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
I nominate proud2blibkansas for the Top Primitive spot because of her foul influence on children due to her job.

For the "Annie" I have to suggest undergroundpanther secondary to the extremes s/he goes to in making excuses.

I recommend bobbolink for the "Willie," even if s/he is a mole.  S/he really exemplifies the myoptic self-promotion of most inhabitants of the island.  So sorry to hear s/he is homeless.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »
I nominate proud2blibkansas for the Top Primitive spot because of her foul influence.....

You know, madam, I was disappointed when the Die alte Sau got only nineteenth place last year.

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher is one really malignant person.

Gangrene on the human body.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 10:54:17 AM »
You know, madam, I was disappointed when the Die alte Sau got only nineteenth place last year.

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher is one really malignant person.

Gangrene on the human body society.

Fixed.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
Fixed.

Here's a great example of how the primitives "care" about other people.

The Die alte Sau and her husband are long-time school teachers in Kansas City, and are two, three, years past the 30 years of teaching required before one gets a comfortable pension.

Kansas City had to close about one-half or two-thirds of their public schools this past summer, putting a lot of teachers down there on the unemployment line.  

One reasonably assumes many of those are young teachers, or at least younger teachers, as the Die alte Sau and her husband are no spring chickens.

The Die alte Sau already has it made; she's got this really good pension coming.

But she persists in keeping her job, pulling rank or seniority, ahead of these younger teachers, so as to make that already-comfortable pension even more lavish when she finally does retire.

Because the Die alte Sau won't get out of the way, it probably means a younger teacher is working in a convenience store.

And that doesn't seem to bother her an iota.

So much for boasting about one's moral superiority, as Anne often does.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:53:54 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
Top 10:
AnArmyVeteran
Banthegop
bobbolink
mike_c
Mineral Man
PC Intern
Taverner
ThomWV
w8liftinglady
Xultar

Willie:
Spooked911

Annie:
Redstone
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »
I think I'll add BantheGOP, and MineralMan for "Top 10" Odin just reminded me of these cretins.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
Top 10:

Willie:
Spooked911

The spooky primitive's a prominent 9-11 conspiracy theorist over there, right?

If so, a most excellent nomination, as one imagines the conspiracy theorists and the "Dungeon" forum have done much for the good name and reputation of Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
I think I'll add BantheGOP, and MineralMan for "Top 10" Odin just reminded me of these cretins.

A reminder to everybody, no one in particular.

This is the "nominating" thread, and one can nominate whatever number of primitives one wishes, one or three or six or twenty or whatever.

It's in the "voting" thread that one's restricted to ten votes.

By the way, so as to insure the integrity of the ballots, Mr. Wiggum and not franksolich counts the votes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2010, 12:02:26 PM »
^ Just to specify, I added the "Top 10" for those two as to not mix them into the other two categories. Not sure they deserve an Annie or Willie.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2010, 12:06:34 PM »
I need to give a lot more thought to top primitive choices but my pick for the Annie is Lamond (Mr Scorpio).

No one to me personifies feeling important,succesfull,super intellectual but having absolutely nothing to back that up or evidence it is true then him.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2010, 12:08:42 PM »
^ Just to specify, I added the "Top 10" for those two as to not mix them into the other two categories. Not sure they deserve an Annie or Willie.

No big deal, sir; it wasn't you, but rather cumulatively the comments here that reminded me.

The vote counting's a real hassle, and I'm very glad Mr. Wiggum does it; I have the easy half of the job.

The biggest problem apparently in past years was the confusion of primitive screen-names (explained in a previous comment here), which is why, if someone isn't sure about a name, it's okay to inquire.

We're into the second day of 10 days of nominations here, and thus far all names seem straight.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
I need to give a lot more thought to top primitive choices but my pick for the Annie is Lamond (Mr Scorpio).

No one to me personifies feeling important,succesfull,super intellectual but having absolutely nothing to back that up or evidence it is true then him.

Excellent nomination, sir, Mr. Dorkio, as the primitive "most likely to succeed on Skins's island, most likely to fail in the real world."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »
By the way, on the other site where this is being sponsored, someone nominated the subway cat, the "undergroundpanther" primitive for the Willie, and I neglected to include that.

The Willie's for the primitive who's done the most, the past several years, to enhance the good name and reputation of Skins's island, and I think that was an excellent nomination.

The subway cat gives Skins's island solid credibility.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »
It's been brought up before, but it's actually only ever happened but once.

People are curious as if the Big Three of Skins's island are eligible for nomination--Moe, Curly Joe, and Larry, or otherwise known as my fellow alum Skins, Lord Marblehead, and the elusive enigmatic Elad, or otherwise formally known as Skinner, EarlG, and Elad.

My fellow alum Skins was a runner-up in 2006, way behind the pack.

This is not a nomination of any of the three, or of all three, but simply a reminder that yes, they are eligible for nomination and for selection, although for my own selfish reasons, I cross my fingers and hope that doesn't happen.

I write the things, and Lord Marblehead would be an "easy write."  But--

Mr. Wiggum withholds the results of the voting from me until I'm ready to write, after which he releases the winners to me one at a time.  First, he gives me the complete list of runners-up, primitives #20-11, which I write about them in one thread, and post it.  Then he tells me primitive #10, and I write about primitive #10, and post it.  Then he tells me primitive #09, and I write about primitive #09, and post it.  Then he tells me primitive #08, and I write about primitive #08, and post it.  Then he tells me primitive #07.....and on and on until the end.

It was just as much a surprise to franksolich as it was to everybody else last year, when the greenbriar primitive won top primitive; I knew about it only half an hour before everybody else, and that of course was simply because I had to write the piece announcing her award.

The elusive enigmatic Elad, the number-three man in the corporate offices of Skins's island, is a riddle to me, given that he reveals so little about himself; in fact, he doesn't reveal a damned thing about himself.  It would take a year to write something about Elad, and that would end up being only half a paragraph.

My fellow alum Skins is another matter altogether; because of the old school tie, and because Skins has done franksolich many favors over the years, I've always been reluctant to say anything bad about my fellow alum (and thus far, I'm not aware I have), preferring instead to show him in the most realistic light, the most complimentary light, the most accurate light.

It would take some mind-boggling cerebral convulsions for franksolich to figure out how to ridicule his fellow alum, and so I'm crossing my fingers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
I really...really wanted to nominate Dick Skinner for one of the categories based on all his new rules, and his naiveness, and all around negativity but I retracted only because it would cause problems for you.

I don't know you and Skins whole history together. I only know he is your fellow alumn. That is why I am clearly NOT nominating him. And that is the only reason. :-)

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »
They're staff, why I wouldn't want any of the three to win - the others are there  completely voluntarily. On that token, this list looks great so far and I can only think of two names to add:

DainBamaged and Nance Greggs

as long as Peg crackes the top ten, I'm fine.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »
They're staff, why I wouldn't want any of the three to win - the others are there  completely voluntarily. On that token, this list looks great so far and I can only think of two names to add:

DainBamaged and Nance Greggs

as long as Peg crackes the top ten, I'm fine.

Great nominations, the brain-damaged primitive and the old drunken wretch from Canada.

Our esteemed colleague Tucker here is, on Skins's island being "ignored" by the brain-damaged primitive, and there must be a story behind that.

The primitive from the north hasn't been as loud and obnoxious this year as she's been in other years; one wonders what's up with that, but supposes since she doesn't have George Bush to kick around any more, her writing motivation's dissolved into the bottle.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
Here is my updated list.

Alan Grayson
DainBramaged
AnArmyVeteran
Taverner
EFerarri
Proud2bLibKansan
nadinbrezinski, kentuck, NanceGreggs, and Xultar, even though their idiotic blather is nearly indistinguishable between them.

Willie, for bettering the reputation of DU: Xultar, because nothing says 'tolerant liberal' like a drunken, angry, racist black woman who thinks the world is out to get her.

Annie, likely to be the biggest loser in life: Alan Grayson, for already having won life's lottery and become the biggest laughingstock of Nancy Pelosi's Congress.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »
My nominations for Top DUmmie of 2010

AnArmyVet - So much typical DUmie BS and like most DUmmies probably NOT a Vet.
HannahBell - Anyone who reads WSWS like it was the bible deserves the top DUmmie honor.
Spooked911 - Will swallow and conspiracy theory no matter how ridiculous and is totally immune to facts or logic.
DefendandProtect - the perfect match for Spooked, did you know that we never went to the moon?
Rsmith6621 - Mr. bouncy himself
Proud2blibkansas - So many bouncies, so little time.
Nadinbrezinski

For the Willie:
Spooked911 - The bunnie cage alone along makes him a top contender.  You really need to spend time in the 911 forum to appreciate his contribution to the crazy that defines the DUmp.
Octafish - Whatever happened anytime in the last 2000 years was probably the fault of the BFEE.
Bobolink - Anyone who can make any thread about her situation deserves this prize.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »
I think that was the TwixVoy primitive from Target.

But it needs confirmed; I'm only 99% certain, not 100% certain.

I think that's who it is too, I'd like to nominate TwixVoy for being so naive.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »
Annie, likely to be the biggest loser in life: Alan Grayson, for already having won life's lottery and become the biggest laughingstock of Nancy Pelosi's Congress.

I like this choice too for the Annie.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2010, 01:53:02 PM »
The spooky primitive's a prominent 9-11 conspiracy theorist over there, right?

If so, a most excellent nomination, as one imagines the conspiracy theorists and the "Dungeon" forum have done much for the good name and reputation of Skins's island.

Correct, the man whose scientific medium is solely cinder blocks, kerosene and chickenwire.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »
I forgot to nominate NNNOLHI.  He's been at the DUmp for years and has yet to say anything intelligent.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.