Author Topic: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010  (Read 38720 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
Can't believe it's almost December. :(

But some of these "nominations" do need a few more votes.  I won't say which.

CPeg should lose a vote for every **cough-cough**poem she pens.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
+1 :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2010, 06:12:31 AM »

But that's precisely why she got the nomination in the first place! ::)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2010, 07:43:42 AM »
I normally do not nominate anyone to this honor, as the rest of you do such a great job. However, I am going to have to put forward the name Spooked911 for consiteration.

Spooked911 is the main fruitloop of fruitloops and can be found in the September 9/11 forum of the Dungeon spouting his/her/it's theory the 9/11 was a plot carried out by the Bush Evil Crime Family of Skull and Bones Illuminati Nazi Lizard People Changelings.

However, Spooked911 doesn't just hang out in the lower cells of Skammer's Prison complex, he/she/it has several web-site that all prove that mini-nukes build by Kebler Elves and/or Genetic Lizard Dwarfs built using alien technology and planted in the bottom of all the buildings in New York.

Also a key theory is that the planes were not planes, but either missiles, holograms, or other objects, but not planes full of people kidnapped by muslims with box cutters. In fact, no one died in the attacks, especially Jews, who didn't show up for work that day.

I don't even have time to discuss cell phones, black boxes, video tapes, eye witness accounts not making sense, etc etc etc.

Spooked911 is slammed by more 'reasonable' members of the DUmp, being a laughingstock hasn't slowed him down. He/she/it now has at least three sock puppets who post supporting posts by linking Spooked911's own web-sites as 'proof'.

It would be hard to make up half the crap Spooked911 posts...but if you want to see, you'll have to go there and read the insane ramblings of what I think should be the DUmpmonkie of the Year;

Spooked911.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Karin

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
From Frank's list on Sunday, I see that my list has been covered, one and all.  I'll just jot down here my Annie nominations.  I am completely torn between two of the biggest losers.  It will all shake out in the final votes.

Taverner and Hawkeye-X. 

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »
Okay, adding to my list: The Straight Story who's obviously sexually confused and wants desperately to be hip, man. Taverner an angry, stupid, arrogant DUmmie (but I repeat myself) who lives on stereotypes and narcissism. And DainBramaged who's been knocked in the head so much it's obviously dyslexic and can't spell it's own name. WillPitt should get the 3 Business Days Lifetime Achievement Award.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
Spooked911.

The spooked primitive's also been nominated for the Willie, for doing the most to better the name and reputation of Skins's island.

I'm surprised the spooked primitive's never been prominent in past years; I suppose it's from lack of exposure, but the DUmpster's taking care of that omission.

Now, question.

Does anyone remember if it was the "DefendandProtect" primitive who was fixing up a really nice meal, steaks and salads and fine wines and all that, when a homeless person knocked on his door, and the primitive gave him a peanut butter sandwich, white bread, no jelly?

If that's the same one, surely a candidate worthy of being a top primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2010, 05:04:16 PM »
I think that Spooked911 single minded obsession on one subject is what holds him back. He needs to apply himself with the same intensity on subjects like ACORN, obamacare, Glenn Beck and the moon landing.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
I am new to these nominations, and you all covered most of my entries.  There are a couple of threads I will have to research that were particularly ludicrous by persons not mentioned so far.  But, in the interim, I would have to add SteveLesser and BradBlog.  They both thought they were celebs after getting some airtime, but, flamed out in glorious flames. 
This sounds like a good assignment that I can't wait to undertake. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
I am new to these nominations, and you all covered most of my entries.  There are a couple of threads I will have to research that were particularly ludicrous by persons not mentioned so far.  But, in the interim, I would have to add SteveLesser and BradBlog.  They both thought they were celebs after getting some airtime, but, flamed out in glorious flames.  
This sounds like a good assignment that I can't wait to undertake.

Waves to sybilll!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Karin

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2010, 07:19:52 AM »
Frank, that was OffWithTheirHeads, and I remember it well.  It was a roast goose that he was preparing, when the homeless person knocked.  OWTH made him a peanut butter sandwich accompanied by a glass of water (probably plastic disposable).  Then, OWTH locked himself in the bathroom and had a good cry. 

I wrote a tiny short story about him, mistakenly calling him StraightStory.  It ended with an embarrassing fatal accident, and probably a house fire.  Here it is:  CC Link

OWTH made such an impression on me, I was going to nominate him.  But, his performance was rather poor during the rest of the year, only copy pasting articles written by other people, etc.  Disappointing, and so no nomination.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
Frank, that was OffWithTheirHeads, and I remember it well.  It was a roast goose that he was preparing, when the homeless person knocked.  OWTH made him a peanut butter sandwich accompanied by a glass of water (probably plastic disposable).  Then, OWTH locked himself in the bathroom and had a good cry. 

I wrote a tiny short story about him, mistakenly calling him StraightStory.  It ended with an embarrassing fatal accident, and probably a house fire.  Here it is:  CC Link

OWTH made such an impression on me, I was going to nominate him.  But, his performance was rather poor during the rest of the year, only copy pasting articles written by other people, etc.  Disappointing, and so no nomination.

Thank you for clearing that up, madam.

I recall the wonderful story, but wasn't connecting it with a primitive in particular, it was so long ago.

I agree we can't have primitives nominated for this most eminent award who just made one single splash during the year, and then was mediocre all the rest of the time.

To encourage excellence among the primitives, they have to make a whole lot of splashes, and even more ripples, over the year.  One splash! doesn't cut it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2010, 08:21:48 AM »
I think that Spooked911 single minded obsession on one subject is what holds him back. He needs to apply himself with the same intensity on subjects like ACORN, obamacare, Glenn Beck and the moon landing.

You know, though, sir, given dutch508's most excellent explanation of his choice, I'm now leaning towards voting for the spooked primitive for the special "Willie" award. 

I was just routinely automatically mindlessly going to vote for the Bostonian Drunkard for the "Willie," given that he was overlooked last year (the lying tits primitive got it instead), but dutch508's convincing defense his nomination of the spooked primitive got me to thinking.

The "Willie" award's named for the Bostonian Drunkard; that's honor and distinction enough for him.

The "Willie" award is given to a primitive who's done a great deal to ennoble and enhance the good name and reputation of Skins's island--not just this past year, but cumulatively including previous years--and the spooked primitive, with his remarkable logic and clarity of vision and awesome insight and innovative imagination, surely has done a great deal to gain credibility for Skins's island out here in the real world.

I'm not 100% certain at this time--after all, we got two weeks until the voting's final--that I'm voting for the spooked primitive for the "Willie," but I am definitely leaning that way, thanks to our esteemed colleague dutch508, who so often takes a sledge hammer to franksolich's head to remind him to think about things.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2010, 09:02:05 AM »
Fair enough, Frank. Good sound reasoning. Since Mrs. Dawson is no longer with us, whom provided us with so many examples of liberalism as a life style, maybe Spooked911 does have some merit.

In all honesty, the chicken wire saga is the only campfire that I ever forwarded to my wife. After reading it, she said "No more."

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2010, 12:03:26 PM »
I mentioned this yesterday, but ProudDad deserves a nomination.  Run his name through the search function here and you'll see what I mean.
I will second this one. While not a contender for the top spot he is still plugging away with his hatred towards the military.
This was in response to the thread about the MoH recipient. This statement is rather mild in comparison to some of the others he has made but I am unable to search them out right now. If I remember correctly he has a child that is honorably serving in the armed forces and he is not at all happy about it.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9570004#9573803
ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Nov-17-10 01:18 PM
Response to Original message
77. Nope. It's just another device to glorify war... (n/t)
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »
Going to throw Befree in the pot for it's unwavering support for traitors.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9658616
Regarding PVT Manning the traitor that gave out classified info then bragged about it.
BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:30 PM
Response to Reply #11
34. wow
And the guy is a hero to me. He is a true patriot. A real warrior.
A peaceful warrior, and you sit there and dis him? wow.
BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:38 PM
Response to Reply #36
38. wow
Your hatred is something to see. The guy is a Patriot of the highest order. And you dis him? wow
BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:52 PM
Response to Reply #40
43. Why?
He is a Patriot. He did what he did and made the world a safer place.
We should all be thanking him for his sacrifice.
BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:57 PM
Response to Reply #44
50. Ahhh
See, to me, bush deserves the type of anguish you dish out.

Who did Manning kill? All he did was a mild case of civil disobedience and you are blowing him
up to be as bad as bush? wow.

Hat tip to DJones520 at our old home for the heads up.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
Crowded field this year :popcorn:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
Crowded field this year :popcorn:

Thank goodness I have the newest version of Excel to calculate all the votes.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »
Is that an inside joke referencing TruthisAll? 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »
From Frank's list on Sunday, I see that my list has been covered, one and all.  I'll just jot down here my Annie nominations.  I am completely torn between two of the biggest losers.  It will all shake out in the final votes.

Taverner and Hawkeye-X. 

I haven't ever paid much attention to the Taverner primitive; nothing personal, but we just don't "click."

The cross-eyed Iowa primitive, the "HawkeyeX" primitive however is a different case.

I've been acquainted with the cross-eyed Iowa primitive ever since early 2005, when he was still living in Iowa--I dunno why he moved to Denver; maybe his wife got a job there or something--and always making threats about "taking down" websites of decent and civilized people.

Well, that never happened; apparently the cross-eyed Iowa primitive's not as good with computers as he alleges himself to be.

As time went on, I noticed other things about the cross-eyed Iowa primitive, who's a rather hefty guy.

He used to make a big deal about being an ex-con, trying to convey the impression that he's a bad one, not to be messed with.  One conjures up images of a muscular multi-tattooed snarly guy who's cooped up for violent crime such as murder or something.....but as it turns out, the crossed-eyed Iowa primitive did a little bit of time for bad checks, or something like that.

The cross-eyed Iowa primitive moans about degenerative hearing loss--forgetting that at past 40 years of age, hearing naturally deteriorates--and one gets the impression that he did some really stupid things with his hearing, like using illicit drugs and having the stereo head-sets cranked up way too much.

It's based upon this hard-of-hearing thing that the cross-eyed Iowa primitive's on the disability gravy train.

Some months ago, the cross-eyed Iowa primitive whined about recipients of social security disability not getting a raise in their free checks this year; it never occurred to him that he could make up the shortfall by going out and getting a job.

The cross-eyed Iowa primitive occasionally touts pyramid schemes on Skins's island.

The cross-eyed Iowa primitive self-admittedly does work on the side, computer maintenance and repair, apparently, the sort of work ideal for someone wanting paid in cash, and off the books.

The cross-eyed Iowa primitive's like so many other hustling primitives; he put a lot of time and energy in trying to make a "fast buck" the dishonest way, when really it's easy just to have an honest job; less trouble, less stress, less anxiety, working on a factory assembly-line or something.

Despite his poverty, the cross-eyed Iowa primitive's always the first to jump in with a good-sized check--or so he says--to aid primitive candidates and primitive causes.

However, that's forgiveable.

What's not forgiveable, what blackens the cross-eyed Iowa primitive in franksolich's eyes, is his lack of manners.

The cross-eyed Iowa primitive hosted the primitive "get-together" at the Democrat National Convention in Denver in 2008, but pointedly did NOT invite the homeless bobbling primitive, who also lives in Denver.  And the homeless bobbling primitive could've used a free restaurant meal and some brew.

And then the cross-eyed Iowa primitive was in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2009--trying again to make the "fast buck"--on a holiday paid for by his in-laws.

If anyone's forgotten, Thanksgiving 2009 was when the gigantic primitive, who lives in Las Vegas, was dealing with a clogged toilet overflowing, water running up to his ankles and the turkey in the oven burning; a really miserable Thanksgiving. 

The gigantic primitive probably would've been greatly heartened, consoled, morale-boosted, by a visit from his fellow primitive, but no, the cross-eyed Iowa primitive didn't care about the gigantic primitive; he was too busy trying to make a "big killing" off the casino tables, financed by the in-laws.

With manners like that, the cross-eyed Iowa primitive makes a caveman look like Emily Post or Amy Vanderbilt.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
Is that an inside joke referencing TruthisAll? 

Not to worry, I won't be relying on Exit Polls to tabulate the votes.  That's why I have this on my side:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
Not to worry, I won't be relying on Exit Polls to tabulate the votes.  That's why I have this on my side:

Just a reminder, although it'll be on the voting thread.

When it comes time to vote, in addition to members of this place and of our old home, members of P-J Comix's most-excellent DUmmie FUnnies are also eligible to vote.  But if they're not members of this place or our old home, they have to use the private ballot, which goes through the carefully-counting fingers of our esteemed colleague Mr. Wiggum.

Members of this place and our old home can cast private ballots too; they don't have to vote on the publicly-seen voting thread.

There exists a purposely-created impenetrable iron wall between Mr. Wiggum counting the votes and franksolich announcing the winners, and so the winners are just as much a surprise (if not more so) to franksolich as they are to everyone else.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
If anyone's forgotten, Thanksgiving 2009 was when the gigantic primitive, who lives in Las Vegas, was dealing with a clogged toilet overflowing, water running up to his ankles and the turkey in the oven burning; a really miserable Thanksgiving.

frank, do you happen to have a link to that thread handy?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
frank, do you happen to have a link to that thread handy?

Ask, and thy shall receive, madam.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,37115.0/

Actually, one should check out the thread in the DUmping Ground (not the DUmpster) announcing the gigantic primitive as winner of #08 top primitive of 2009; there's lots and lots of entertaining threads there.

Good times, good times.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »
Ask, and thy shall receive, madam.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,37115.0/

Actually, one should check out the thread in the DUmping Ground (not the DUmpster) announcing the gigantic primitive as winner of #08 top primitive of 2009; there's lots and lots of entertaining threads there.

Good times, good times.

Thanks frank!