Author Topic: I'm leaving you guys....  (Read 5953 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: I'm leaving you guys....
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
I grew up in Tampa and I remember going to DisneyWorld (Magic Kingdom) in the late 70's and early 80's during February when Disney did "Florida residents month" and paying only $8 to get into the park.

Well they're not that cheap anymore...but you can get an annual 2 park pass, only available to floridians, for the price of a one-day general admission ticket to one park.  I got one for Universal/ Islands of Adventure about 2 years ago...I took roadtrips up there nearly every month for a weekends.   :-)

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »
Sea World & the other AB parks offer the resident unlimited 1 year pass for $10 over the 1 day price. If you get your ticket online or through a company you work for that gets you a discount it makes the year even cheaper.

Folks around here rotate through the different parks. With a couple of phone calls you can always find someone who has a pass to go with you.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »
We got stuck in "England" at Epcot because of rain.

How ironic.  :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline debk

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »
Are tickets still cheaper through AAA?

Kids are out of school here all next week for "fall break"....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »
You're not kidding.
A "three day adult" pass, WITHOUT the "park hopper" option was $424, for two people.
Admission to Halloween Horror Night at Universal was $66 per person, and they charge you an extra $20 for the "express passes".

Halloween Horror Nights was worth it though......make sure you liquor up...makes it less scary... :evillaugh:
The zombie's will approach you with fake chainsaw's and scare the beejezus out of you...and the haunted houses are eerie, especially when you can't see in front of you and have to feel your way through the mazez.  Every year has a different theme...I forgot what mine was as I went 7 years ago..but the psych asylum was the shiznit...