Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:36 PM »
steelers, plus 10.

I have $100 that says that i am right

Jerk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »
Jerk.

Az had a good run, but they will lose

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »
Just keep in mind if the Cards do lose, he'll never admit they didn't play good enough to win, it'll always be someone elses fault but there's.  Sounds like the kind of excuses we document on a certain board we watch and laugh at.

I think the Steelers will win it, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.  Whoever wins, I won't be on here crying foul because the other one didn't.

way to ride the fence loser...

at least I'm vexing my convictions & actually CHOOSING a clear winner...

you've got both teams picked right now...so what you've got to say is moot...

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 09:00:41 AM »

Its good to see your head is still squarely up your ass  :loser:

oh come now lars...

no sour grapes just because the cards annihilated the eagles... :cheersmate:

and the eagles are a more solid team than are the steelers..

the steelers defense will get owned  by this cards team ...

I emphasize team, because the cards have all bases covered, unlike the steelers whose dufus QB & punter will be giving the ball to the cards at midfield most of the game...

just watch n see...

but hey, at least you'll have soundbites of D Mcnabb bragging about how many NFC Championships he's been in....memories for the ages !! :tongue:

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »
indeed. 

but the key to the cards will be larry fitzgerald.  if he can get open, or even partially open, that guy can change a game.

the cards have so many 'keys', the steelers cannot  keep up...

james/hightower, boldin, urbin, breaston & wilson are more explosive than ANYTHING the steelers have to offer at those positions... yeah, I'll say right now adrian wilson is better than polamalu

other than santonio holmes, who  is the key to the steelers offense these days & cromartie  is FASTER than holmes & will blanket him all day...

that leaves the terrible steelers running game to try & keep the game OUT of Big Bens hands, cause  if comes down to a shootout between warner & big ben, the steelers are toast for sure..

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
way to ride the fence loser...

at least I'm vexing my convictions & actually CHOOSING a clear winner...

you've got both teams picked right now...so what you've got to say is moot...

Yeah, I said "I think the Steelers will win it" and that's riding the fence.  :whatever:

Oh, and your choice lost....... again.  So start making the the false reasons why they lost.  I've already noticed you're complaining about the number of penalities the Cards had, so that's as good a place for you to build your whinning excuses as any.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 02:31:25 PM »
Yeah, I said "I think the Steelers will win it" and that's riding the fence.  :whatever:

Oh, and your choice lost....... again.  So start making the the false reasons why they lost.  I've already noticed you're complaining about the number of penalities the Cards had, so that's as good a place for you to build your whinning excuses as any.

I covered the spread...

just under estimated the stupidity of Whisenhunt ....

whisenhunt  gives the ball to his offense after the coin flip & the steelers get romped...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
I covered the spread...

You picked them straight up and ...

Quote from:
just under estimated the stupidity of Whisenhunt ....

whisenhunt  gives the ball to his offense after the coin flip & the steelers get romped...

... here come the excuses.

1) Refs called too many penalities on the Cards
2) Cards took the wrong option after the coin toss.

What's number 3 gonna be?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:23:36 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
You picked them straight up and ...

... here come the excuses.

1) Refs called too many penalities on the Cards
2) Cards took the wrong option after the coin toss.

What's number 3 gonna be?

The Cards should have kicked a fg at the half, tied the game and then would have got the ball back after the half.     Extremely bad call playing that cost them the game.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »
They also should have went to a no huddle offense right after the half, instead of late in the game.   

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
a meteor hitting the steelers' locker room (and only the steelers' locker room) at halftime notwithstanding, there was no way the cards were going to win that game.

in fact, they had no business even being in that game.  I think the NFL needs BCS rankings; the whole playoff system that the nfl uses is obsolete and hopelessly inaccurate.   :rofl:   :-) :-) :-) :uhsure: :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :tongue:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:42:37 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »
Oh, I dunno.

I'm very happy the Pittsburgh Steelers won the game.

Probably everybody else was sweating during the last series of plays, that 78 (?) yard drive by the Pittsburgh Steelers, but that's when I figured the game was over, Pittsburgh won, and so I went on to something else on the internet.

You see, that's the difference between college football and professional football; if it had been two college teams, that last minute, that last drive, could've turned into anything, making the end of the game fraught with excitement.

But as professional football is so predictable, once Pittsburgh had the ball, and there was still time, one KNEW they were going to get it into the end zone.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
Oh, I dunno.

Probably everybody else was sweating during the last series of plays, that 78 (?) yard drive by the Pittsburgh Steelers, but that's when I figured the game was over, Pittsburgh won, and so I went on to something else on the internet.

You see, that's the difference between college football and professional football; if it had been two college teams, that last minute, that last drive, could've turned into anything, making the end of the game fraught with excitement.

But as professional football is so predictable, once Pittsburgh had the ball, and there was still time, one KNEW they were going to get it into the end zone.

Big Ben ain't exactly Tom Brady or Peyton Manning when the game is on the line, it is under a minute on the clock (Ben had more) and they absolutely have to get a TD.    Then you know that they are going to score (save for of course last SB when Brady forgot how to throw short passes to march up the field).    You never give the ball back to Brady or Manning with time on the clock.   You are just asking to be btchslapped.   

When Warner threw that pick it was a monumental mistake, but hardly the prediction for a blow out -- which is what this game was supposed to be. 

The Steelers played horribly, and the Cardinals never should have been there to begin with.   It was a lackluster SB to cap off a lackluster year.   We won't even talk about the officiating. 

On to baseball.   

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 05:06:45 PM »
Oh, I dunno.

i was just using the SB to make a provocative wisecrack point about the BCS  :-) . . . although I do believe that the cards were the biggest playoff fluke in the past 20 years.  the 79 rams come to mind.  I was a big rams fan when they played in LA.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 12:03:54 AM »
After the 1st quarter it became apparent that the Cards did not want to attempt longer passes, I knew that was a mistake.

I think thats why they lost, they waited until the last quarter to go deep