Author Topic: NFL Draft live thread  (Read 5407 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: NFL Draft live thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
Orakpo to the Saints?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 04:33:42 PM »
Boy, I don't know about Orakpo in the NFL. I think Jeff Madden has been giving those Shorthorns the Superman juice down there.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 04:39:05 PM »
The Ohio State guys are going to start to go following Jenkins to NO.

Wells and Laurinitus likely in the next 10 picks.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
looks to be a boring draft for Cowboy fans

I can't think of much they did in FA either. Wonder what's up with that?

fwiw - I love to hate the Cowboys. Cowboys and Steelers are great traditional NFL teams and I really enjoy hating them both, lol.

On the Crabtree to SF thing, I'm wondering if Seattle is going to end up kicking themselves for not picking him now that they will face him twice a year. Hopefully Curry can help keep him off the field and luckily Crabtree has frack for a QB to thow to him, LOL!!
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »
Speaking of QBs, Seattle really needs to consider picking up a young guy. Hasslebeck has a few more years, but he's getting up there, and now's the time to start grooming a replacement. Or at least a back up to Seneca, if he moves to the #1 spot. I don't think Jeff Rowe will ever be more than a 3rd stringer anyways.

I think Stephen McGee could fit the bill. He's got the potential, though his stats are a little weak due to injuries.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »
Speaking of QBs, Seattle really needs to consider picking up a young guy. Hasslebeck has a few more years, but he's getting up there, and now's the time to start grooming a replacement. Or at least a back up to Seneca, if he moves to the #1 spot. I don't think Jeff Rowe will ever be more than a 3rd stringer anyways.

I think Stephen McGee could fit the bill. He's got the potential, though his stats are a little weak due to injuries.

Freeman is still out there and the Browns have 3 starting quality QB's and have already made two trades in the 1st round.

I'd love for the Hawks to get a solid QB and really wonder if Seattle might move Seneca to WR. (did you see him make that huge catch in the NFC championship game back in the day??)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 05:00:54 PM »
Well TB just grabbed Freeman, lol. (next Rothlesburger??)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »
Well TB just grabbed Freeman, lol. (next Rothlesburger??)

Freeman is kind of a head case. I don't know what his deal is but he gets rattled easily.

I've heard a lot of buzz about Eben Britton going to Philly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:20:39 PM by Odin's Hand »

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »
Eagles take Maclin is surprising with Tra Thomas gone and Runyan getting up there in years. Maclin will be an average #2 WR in the NFL.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 05:19:07 PM »
Pettigrew will give that Lions' OL lots of help on blocking DEs and blitzes off the edge.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »
WOOT

Nobody had the Lions grabbing the #1 QB and #1 TE but me baby!  :evillaugh: :-) :hyper:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »
Percy Harvin is gonna be smokin' that Northern Lights up in Minnesota.  :lmao:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Percy Harvin is gonna be smokin' that Northern Lights up in Minnesota.  :lmao:

I like what he can do in a wildcat formation but wonder if Jackson can get him the ball consistantly in the open field. Great player though.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
Still dunno what Seattle got for there 2nd round trade.  :banghead:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 07:15:17 PM »
Still dunno what Seattle got for there 2nd round trade.  :banghead:

First round pick in 2010.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
OT Max Unger for the Hawks, round 2. Good choice. The guy is a giant.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »
:rotf:

I have yet to hear what the Jets gave up for that pick. (??)

Just heard. 3 Jets players (including a starting CB) plus the 1st and 2nd pick in the draft wow.

RS, my moonbat BIL told me that the guys the Jets gave up were holdovers from the Eric Mangini days . . . and they're going back to Mangini's team.  I'll talk to the office moonbat, who is a serious Bills' fan, tomorrow about who did well in the draft and who didn't.  (If he hasn't committed suicide over the Bills, that is.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 07:02:18 AM »
Mangini didn't do much for the Jets last season. He did plenty for them yesterday.

Mangini traded that fifth pick to his old buddy Tannenbaum for the Jets' 17th pick, their second-round pick and three spare parts that a rebuilding team can use immediately: defensive end Kenyon Coleman, safety Abram Elam and quarterback Brett Ratliff in what arguably is the biggest draft day trade in Jets history. I never thought former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi gave up too much for Eli Manning, and he gave up more than Tannenbaum did for Sanchez.

You don't win a championship in the NFL hoping you have a quarterback. You don't win a Super Bowl with a caretaker quarterback, unless you have a dominant defense for the ages. If you plan on shaking hands with the president at the White House within the next four years, and Ryan has wasted no time telling us he does, you better make sure you have a Mark Sanchez driving the bus.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04262009/sports/jets/viva_tannenbaum_for_this_man_genius_move_166269.htm

Wow, that is a hell of a lot of faith in a guy who hasn't proven himself in the NFL.   

I love watching the Jets be the Jets.    :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 11:55:52 AM »
Like that the Seahawks jumped back into the third round to get the WR they wanted.

Bengals have been going need need need over BPA all draft. Chances are they will keep on sucking, lol.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »
Man that was a long ass draft day.  :beer:

After the third round ended, I cleaned up my apartment, meet a friend just outside of town for a late lunch and a few beers on the patio, got tippsy, walked to the bookstore and killed some time and got sober, washed my car and then drove back home and watched the last hour of the draft, lol.

Hawks got some good looking projects late but that's as much as you can ask for in late day two.

Go FOOTBALL!!!!  :-) (see you again in August)   :bawl:

- Ayn Rand