Author Topic: There's gonna be a "rally" at the Capitol in September??  (Read 426 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
There's gonna be a "rally" at the Capitol in September??
« on: August 07, 2021, 08:43:25 AM »
Star Member PCIntern (21,648 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215710275

There's gonna be a "rally" at the Capitol in September??
Last edited Sat Aug 7, 2021, 08:28 AM - Edit history (1)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-braynard-protest-capitol-riot_n_610c5c6be4b05f8157079a71

The former data chief for Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign has announced a protest next month at the nation’s Capitol — to rail on behalf of so-called “political prisoners” charged in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“We’re going back to the Capitol, right where it started. And it’s going to be huge,” Matt Braynard told former White House strategist Steve Bannon as he announced the rally on Bannon’s podcast last week.

The protest, “Justice for J6,”  has been set for Sept. 18 at the Capitol. It’s being orchestrated by the group Look Ahead America, headed by Braynard.

More at the link…

:popcorn:

Star Member Rhiannon12866 (134,552 posts)

1. Good Grief!

Yes, there needs to be "Justice for J6," they all need to be locked up - especially those who planned and orchestrated the insurrection. They have obviously learned nothing.

Star Member paleotn (10,571 posts)

41. Wait a minute....Isn't the orange moron supposed to ride back to power in August? Shortly? In the coming weeks? Well, if that's the case, won't he command prosecutors to drop all charges against the motely crew of Jan 6? No need for a protest then. Or am I using too much logic? I'm so confused.

Star Member pwb (7,292 posts)

5. Deadly force authorized on all Federal Grounds?

That may stop some

Champp (865 posts)

10. Will they get a permit for this?

If it were up to me, I'd tell them to get bent. We don't give permits to no steenkin Republican traitors, no matter how much dark-ops Russian propaganda is flooding the freaking Intertubes.

Star Member Scrivener7 (37,553 posts)

11. Will there be a military and law enforcement presence like in the BLM protests?

:thatsright:

Star Member Liberal In Texas (10,822 posts)

19. The focus might be to break the traitors out of jail.

Already Empty Green and Getz tried to get into the jail... I think they were laying the groundwork for the insurrectionists to create another uprising.

Gaetz, Greene and Gohmert get 'locked out' of jail during stunt to visit Jan. 6 'political prisoners'

rawstory.com/matt-gaetz-marjorie-taylor-greene-jail/

"Conservative news outlets OAN and RSBN covered the lawmakers' attempt to enter the facility. The stunt was billed as an attempt to check on the welfare of Jan. 6 "political prisoners."

But before Gaetz could open the door, it was locked by an officer.

"They think we're trespassing," Greene complained."

I hope there are plans to mobilize law enforcement or the national guard to deal with these traitors.

:rotf:

Star Member Roisin Ni Fiachra (1,578 posts)

20. DC citizens do not need a horde of plague infested fascist maskhole morons

coming to spread their poison and disease in their city.

Deny all permits and authorize lethal force in the event of a violent attack on the Capitol building. Put the National Guard on ready to go status.

Star Member MrModerate (9,641 posts)

29. Rubber bullets ought to solve that problem, tout de suite. n/t

AverageOldGuy (193 posts)

32. Let's hope . . .

-- The DC and MD National Guard have already been alerted.

-- All DC Metro and Capitol Police will be on duty the day before, day of, and day after . . . and issued extra ammunition.

-- Police in all surrounding jurisdictions are on alert.

Star Member UCmeNdc (8,535 posts)

33. The GOP and Donald Trump are working together to "snatch power"-

at all levels of the United States government. It is an ongoing coup.

sloopdog50 (19 posts)

40. A "Rally"

You punks better be careful this time. Doubt the same outcome will occur. It's a different day.

Star Member Historic NY (34,343 posts)

45. Tanks, can we have some tanks....

spewing tear gas and the sticky pepper spray.

:whatever:

SledDriver (1,460 posts)

49. We are guaranteed another physical assault on the government

now that it’s clear there were no consequences for the first one.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: There's gonna be a "rally" at the Capitol in September??
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 09:40:55 AM »
I'd love to see this DU-thread bumped on September 19th or 20th. Because the rally organizers aren't dumb enough to feed LIEden's MSM shills.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »
Star Member pwb (7,292 posts)

5. Deadly force authorized on all Federal Grounds?

would you have asked the same question when blm damaged the Foley Federal Building and the Lloyd George U.S. Courthouse in 2020?  https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/5-charged-with-damaging-federal-buildings-during-blm-protest-2123868/
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 11:07:57 AM »
Let's just see if I've got this right:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Freedom of Religion: Applies to Muslims and lib Christians, but not to Evangelicals.
Freedom of Speech: Applies to lefties, but not to conservatives.
Freedom of the Press: Applies to CNN, MSNBC, and various left-wing blogs, but not to Fox News, OAN, or anyone to the right of Lenin.
Freedom to Peaceably Assemble: Applies to B(urn)L(oot)M(ayhem) rioters, but not to Trump rally-goers.
Freedom to petition the govt: Yeah, who would ever question Joementia?

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 11:46:34 AM »

I agree with your first comment in your post Dutch ...

But I don't have enough :popcorn:  left.  Must stock up on more!   :rotf:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 11:51:47 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 12:14:02 PM »

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Freedom of Religion: Applies to Muslims and lib Christians, but not to Evangelicals.
Freedom of the Press: Applies to CNN, MSNBC, and various left-wing blogs, but not to Fox News, OAN, or anyone to the right of Lenin.
Freedom to Peaceably Assemble: Applies to B(urn)L(oot)M(ayhem) rioters, but not to Trump rally-goers.
Freedom to petition the govt: Yeah, who would ever question Joementia?

Furthermore, a Republican president's speech, if critical of the media, shall be considered a violation of freedom of the press. And the right to assemble shall not apply to pro-life groups or Patriot Prayer.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 01:03:34 PM »

Yes you did get this correct, Mary Ann!  Especially your first sentence ...

Not that it matters a hang to this evil administration under which we are living these days. They ignore the Constitution at will, bypass the Congress,  & are getting away with it. 

And also you are sadly correct on this:

Hi5 coming up  to you ~ ABC  :cheersmate:

Oops! Don't know how this last didn't get included in the above quote.

"Freedom to petition the govt: Yeah, who would ever question Joementia?"

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:10:17 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)