Author Topic: Proglodytes neo-Stalinist tactics used against them; not keen on the experience  (Read 437 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Proglodytes invented the bullshit offense of "micro-aggressions."

"Micro-aggressions" are a way of imputing threatening behavior to someone who has no intention of actually conveying a threat. It's simply a means to accuse someone of some offense in order to silence them or put them on the defensive if they refuse to be silenced.

QED: https://www.google.com/search?q=micro+aggression&sitesearch=democraticunderground.com&gws_rd=ssl

The Ku Klux Klams tried a variant of this for a while claiming anyone disputing their claims was trying to silence them. It didn't fly at DU.

Well, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the DUmbass.

dixiegrrrrl (37,945 posts)

Canada pipeline lawyer argues in court protester's facial expressions constitute assault.

Anti-pipeline protesters post snarling selfies online after lawyer says facial expressions constitute assault

Kinder Morgan( HUGE oil company) lawyer Bill Kaplan told the court that activists who have blocked a subsidiary pipeline builder in a Metro Vancouver conservation area obstructed workers in part by making faces.
 Millions in damages are being sought.

snip:
Mr. Kaplan had argued the defendants conspired against Kinder Morgan, employing social media and telephone networks to harm the oil company and pipeline builder Trans Mountain as they seek to nearly triple capacity by expanding a route under Burnaby Mountain.

He entered into evidence photographs of protesters wearing facial expressions he said demonstrate anger and violence.

“One of the things I will argue is that is not only intimidation, but that is actually an assault,” he said on Wednesday

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/09/anti-pipeline-protesters-post-snarling-selfies-online-after-lawyer-says-facial-expressions-constitute-assault/#__federated=1

People have a Twitter page making faces now, plus linking to a "devastating " study showing the oil company finances. Worth a visit.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025805223
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Good.  Let them squirm under their own tactics.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Fourwinds

Good.  Let them squirm under their own tactics.
Good.  Hell, I wish conservative politicians would adopt the liberal tactic of going straight for the throat at the onset of anything,  whether it's disagreement or outright opposition.  The pricks have gotten away with it for so long I doubt they'd know how to defend against it.