Author Topic: Pelosi says House Judiciary may hold hearings on Kucinich impeachment resolution  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

nancy has stone cold lost it.  unhinged.  deranged.  raving.   :rotf: :-)

Pelosi says House Judiciary may hold hearings on Kucinich impeachment resolution

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said this morning that the House Judiciary Committee may hold hearings on an impeachment resolution offered by Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio).

Kucinich is expected to offer a "privileged resolution" this afternoon calling on the House to look at whether President Bush should be removed from office for lying to Congress and the American public when he sought congressional approval back in 2002 for taking military action to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein.

Pelosi has  said previously that impeachment "was off the table," so her comments this morning were surprising, and clearly signaled a new willingness to entertain the idea of ousting Bush, although no one in the Democratic leadership believes that is likely since the president has only six months left in this term.

"This is a Judiciary Committee matter, and I believe we will see some attention being paid to it by the Judiciary Committee," Pelosi told reporters. "Not necessarily taking up the articles of impeachment because that would have to be approved on the floor, but to have some hearings on the subject."

Pelosi added: "My expectation is that there will be some review of that in the committee."

A spokesman for the House Judiciary Committee had no immediate comment when asked whether Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), the panel's chairman, planned hearings on Kucinich's impeachment resolutions.

Link

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Rope-a-dope on the moonbats.  If Nancy can keep them beleeeeeeeeeiving for four more months...
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Wretched Excess

Rope-a-dope on the moonbats.  If Nancy can keep them beleeeeeeeeeiving for four more months...

I think she would do it.  I think she finally killed the critical brain cell that separates the "semi-lucid" from the
"frothing at the mouth insane".  she's said a bunch of stupid stuff (even stupider'n usual) this week.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Yes because stupid baseless impeachment resolutions are more important than things like the price of oil and national security.

And these same Congress Critters will navel gaze trying to figure out how the President's approval rating is three times greater than theirs.

:whatever:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
I'm sure there's an empty broom closet on the Hill somewhere. I bet old Fuss Reingold is staking it out.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Yes because stupid baseless impeachment resolutions are more important than things like the price of oil and national security.

And these same Congress Critters will navel gaze trying to figure out how the President's approval rating is three times greater than theirs.

:whatever:

I hope she does it. America will puke!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The DUmp responds:

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jul-10-08 12:44 PM
Response to Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3389543
1. Well, what do you know?  
 Maybe the message is finally getting through to her?

The uproar has come to such a level that she's paying attention...?

God, I hope so!

they don't see it's a smokescreen for the Obama failing Presidential bid...

shraby  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jul-10-08 12:47 PM
Response to Original message
4. I'm still trying to digest this tidbit.
 All I can think is "what the hell happened?" Why is she loosening the strings that bound now? Because the hearings might carry us to the election and won't bode well for the pugs? This article raises tons of questions..I hope some answers are forthcoming.

they don't see that impeachment at this time will show the people it is really all about politics...

orleans  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jul-10-08 02:19 PM
Response to Reply #10
35. that's what i thought. "may" my ass!
 she's throwing us a ****ing bone so we don't start bitching about this impeachment shit again. her office probably got a few too many phone calls on the last round dennis presented.

saying "may" she is hoping her call volume "may" be less as well.

she has lost my trust completely. i do not expect her to do the right thing--she has already shown us her true face/colors.

Nah...common sense?

yodermon  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-10-08 01:17 PM
22. EVEN WITH IMPEACHMENT, Bush and Cheney can & will escape justice.
 Let's suppose both Bush & Cheney are impeached.
Let's suppose both Bush & Cheney are about to be convicted in the Senate.
Here's what happens:

1) Bush pardons Cheney of all crimes he may have committed. Big-ass list. Doesn't matter how big, Presidents have this power.
2) Bush resigns & Cheney becomes President.
3) Cheney pardons Bush all all crimes he may have committed. Big-ass list. Doesn't matter how big, Presidents have this power.
4) Cheney appoints new VP, then resigns, etc. Doesn't matter at this point bcz pardon-damage is done.
5) All hop on plane to Paraguy to live in permanent Moonie paradise, extradition- and testimony-free.

I'm not saying don't do it. Just understand what would *actually* transpire should we *Actually* do this.

Oh, and somewhere in steps 1 & 3 the rest of the bushco gang will get their pardons too.

I so enjoy it when they play these games...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wretched Excess

the judiciary committee is where all of bush's nominees to the federal bench are being held hostage . . . impeachment hearings would go over well. 

I hope she is insane enough to do this.  I honestly do.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
yodermon  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-10-08 01:17 PM
Here's what happens:

1) Bush pardons Cheney of all crimes he may have committed. Big-ass list. Doesn't matter how big, Presidents have this power.
3) Cheney pardons Bush all all crimes he may have committed. Big-ass list. Doesn't matter how big, Presidents have this power.
4) Cheney appoints new VP, then resigns, etc. Doesn't matter at this point bcz pardon-damage is done.
5) All hop on plane to Paraguy to live in permanent Moonie paradise, extradition- and testimony-free.

I'm not saying don't do it. Just understand what would *actually* transpire should we *Actually* do this.

Oh, and somewhere in steps 1 & 3 the rest of the bushco gang will get their pardons too.

Dammit! Some DUmmy got a peek at the VRWC handbook chapter detaining Bush's plan to destroy the nation, become the dictator of it and walk away Scott free.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline djones520

yodermon  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-10-08 01:17 PM
Here's what happens:

The President can pardon someone for crimes they haven't been convicted of, or even charged with?
See above
because thats what the last 8 years has been about.  Getting to that pardon so they can just cut and run.
Stop smokin da dope.

"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
They will bitch and moan about this...yet see nothing wrong with Billy Jeff burning the midnight oil the night before the Bush 43 Inauguration signing pardons for every FOB that was in trouble with law enforcement.

Mark Rich, Roger Clinton, Hugh Rodman, Roger Clinton's drug dealer, et al.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn