Author Topic: Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us  (Read 8952 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
You guys love to put words into others' mouths. I said I had hunted a number of times and owned guns in the past. Since when does that mean I love guns?  I sold my last gun when I was still a teenager. I happen to be in possession of a shotgun because a friend who was moving to NYC didn't have room in his truck for all of his belongings gave it to me.

Again, what is the deal with claiming I said things I didn't. I have no problem believing some would be ok with my post over at DU and others would whine about anyone ever having a gun ever.  Same with eating meat or hunting. Some don't care and some have their strong opinions. Big deal. They would not ban me over it. Or even hide my thread.

Do you have anything to say that isn't a vanity post? DU is a highly censored and controlled environment, which you should know, what with all of your hidden posts over there (yeah, you have a lot...don't make me shame you by proving it)?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
What did Jesus say His mission here was and why He was to die on the cross?

There is some question among religious historians as to whether Jesus died on a cross or a single upright stake of wood in the ground.

Jesus preached "love your neighbor as yourself" and "love God with your whole heart" and said all of the Mosaic Law was summed up by these.  He was here to end the special relationship Jews had with Yaweh and said he, himself, was the way, the truth, and the life.  In other words, he said he was here to die for mankind's sins.

I may not agree with Jesus' words 100% but he certainly had a much better philosophy about how humans should treat one another than most Republican "Christians" do today.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:57 PM »
I have no doubt that you did.  But the problem is that about 90 percent of your buds on DU would gladly take mine and yours away from us, tax ammo to the max, and limit us to using no more than five rounds at a time.  That's just one reason why we point and laugh so much at them.  Bottom line?  They deserve every bit of it.

I don't think 90% want guns confiscated. I think they want more control of handguns and other weaponry than the gun lobby seems to allow Congress to pass these days.  We can all agree or disagree on a whole spectrum of things that could be done re: stopping the flow of guns into the market, but there is no right or wrong answer. There is obviously SOME amount of gun control most people are ok with. (For instance, most think people who have a history of mental illness or who have served time in prison for violent crimes shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
I don't think ....snip

Some think this and some think that.  But mostly people don't seem to like you and treat you badly.  Is that your problem binkey?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
There is some question among religious historians as to whether Jesus died on a cross or a single upright stake of wood in the ground.

Jesus preached "love your neighbor as yourself" and "love God with your whole heart" and said all of the Mosaic Law was summed up by these.  He was here to end the special relationship Jews had with Yaweh and said he, himself, was the way, the truth, and the life.  In other words, he said he was here to die for mankind's sins.

I may not agree with Jesus' words 100% but he certainly had a much better philosophy about how humans should treat one another than most Republican "Christians" do today.

Yeah,because forcibly taking from some to give to others who have no desire to contribute to society so fits His teaching.
You would be wise to give heart knowledge to what He said about sins and our need to accept Him as Lord and Savior.
Probably won`t though because that requires self sacrifice,something that is a foreign concept to libs.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »

And yet, you side with the gun grabbers on DU, according to the sentiments you yourself post.

That makes you either a liar or hypocrite.

Do we really need to go digging for your DU posts on guns eh?

Go for it. Go look up my posts on guns. I have gone on record as saying sportsmen of America should not have to do without rifles and shotguns but there should be plenty of restrictions on guns. Not actual gun ownership--but things like universal background checks and the like.

Believe me, I have argued round and round with gun humpers since 2000. I know all of the arguments people will throw out there for and against.   You guys cannot deny although you try mightily that countries with much stricter gun laws have much lower gun crimes and much lower murder per capita than the U.S.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:57 PM »
What I took from PW's post was since he "spent time on a farm, owned guns, went hunting", etc., he's now expert on all these things.

I worked at the local Walmart in the Electronics Department back in 2008, but I don't claim to be a computer expert.  I own guns, too, I don't claim to be a marksman.

DUmmies, however, can read a pamphlet on opening a checking account, and then claim to be experts in "economics"!   :lmao:

That would be  a wrong conclusion to draw from my post.  The point of my post is sometimes conservatives who skew toward rural America tend to build up stereotypes about the biography of people with liberal or progressive views about life.  I'm merely pointing out I did not spend my life in urban settings unaware of what it is like to muck out a horse stall and wheel barrow that shit down to become compost for a garden.  I am merely pointing out one can have hunted for deer, rabbit, squirrel, etc. and not be afraid of guns but still wish to see more control on handguns in U.S. cities to help stem the violence and death from guns in the U.S. that is appalling and something that can be changed (just ask Australia).

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
Go for it. Go look up my posts on guns. I have gone on record as saying sportsmen of America should not have to do without rifles and shotguns but there should be plenty of restrictions on guns. Not actual gun ownership--but things like universal background checks and the like.

Believe me, I have argued round and round with gun humpers since 2000. I know all of the arguments people will throw out there for and against.   You guys cannot deny although you try mightily that countries with much stricter gun laws have much lower gun crimes and much lower murder per capita than the U.S.

How are those strict laws working out for Chicago and Detroit?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
I think they want more control

Could have stopped there, Prog.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2013, 03:57:06 PM »

Do you have anything to say that isn't a vanity post? DU is a highly censored and controlled environment, which you should know, what with all of your hidden posts over there (yeah, you have a lot...don't make me shame you by proving it)?

What the F*** are you talking about? My posts today are focused on answering people's posts they made in this same thread.  I am not starting any new posts until we beat this set of subjects into the ground and I can hopefully force one of you to stay on point and address what I actually said instead of what you imagined or wished I'd said.

Regarding DU, so what? I had posts hidden. Anyone can go over there and see the subject matter and find out people are held to account on DU if they get personal in their comments or use "over the top" language.  Sometimes, I have felt the possiblity of the hide was worth it.  In the more recent ones, there are examples of some choosing to hide my posts because I don't toe the liberal line on everything, and I call the Barack Obama detractors out on their garbage.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
Some think this and some think that.  But mostly people don't seem to like you and treat you badly.  Is that your problem binkey?

I see. Argument not going the way you want so you jump straight to ad hominem attack.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2013, 04:01:19 PM »
I see. Argument not going the way you want so you jump straight to ad hominem attack.

Sorry, that's all you're worth to me.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
Yeah,because forcibly taking from some to give to others who have no desire to contribute to society so fits His teaching.
You would be wise to give heart knowledge to what He said about sins and our need to accept Him as Lord and Savior.
Probably won`t though because that requires self sacrifice,something that is a foreign concept to libs.

Jesus said "Pay back Caesar's things to Caesar but God's things to God."  So he definitely thought his followers should dutifully pay their taxes to Caesar and devote their lives to God.  He said his kingom is no part of this world and his followers should be no part of this world. Fundamental interpretation of who Jesus was and what he and his followers said and did would indicate TRUE Christians shouldn't even involve themselves with politics of this world.  So Jesus did not advocate a specific % that would be ideal to pay toward the commons so we might have roadways, schools, and fire departments.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2013, 04:24:54 PM »
Jesus said "Pay back Caesar's things to Caesar but God's things to God."  So he definitely thought his followers should dutifully pay their taxes to Caesar and devote their lives to God.  He said his kingom is no part of this world and his followers should be no part of this world. Fundamental interpretation of who Jesus was and what he and his followers said and did would indicate TRUE Christians shouldn't even involve themselves with politics of this world.  So Jesus did not advocate a specific % that would be ideal to pay toward the commons so we might have roadways, schools, and fire departments.

If Jesus had wanted to take care of the poor by taking from the rich would he have not done so, or advocated doing so? His message was to reach in your own pocket and help those in need, not petition the government to take from your rich neighbor and give that to the poor. Jesus wanted people to help each other out of love, not at the barrel of a gun.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

However those things are in no way related to the welfare state.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
However those things are in no way related to the welfare state.

and yet many "conservatives" and Republicans take advantage of the welfare state.  BTW. The largest segment of U.S. population in poverty was the senior citizen prior to the New Deal.  With the full deployment of social security, poverty among the very old who had worked their entire lives but not had savings in their retirment dropped dramatically.

Government of the people and by the people gives us more of a chance of having an equitable society than other forms of government. People voted for these things and they got them.  Social Security is but one example of the programs that have continued to make us one of the better off nations in the world.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »
and yet many "conservatives" and Republicans take advantage of the welfare state.  BTW. The largest segment of U.S. population in poverty was the senior citizen prior to the New Deal.  With the full deployment of social security, poverty among the very old who had worked their entire lives but not had savings in their retirment dropped dramatically.

Government of the people and by the people gives us more of a chance of having an equitable society than other forms of government. People voted for these things and they got them.  Social Security is but one example of the programs that have continued to make us one of the better off nations in the world.

Social Security is another government scam. Oh they happily take our money every paycheck, then they take that money and spend it on whatever they want. It will be bankrupt by the time I turn 65.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
Social Security is another government scam. Oh they happily take our money every paycheck, then they take that money and spend it on whatever they want. It will be bankrupt by the time I turn 65.

That's an easy fix over at DU, just raise taxes.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
That's an easy fix over at DU, just raise taxes.

Not saying that is the only answer, but I bet it's a lot easier for workers to give another 0.5 to 1% of payroll over to social security than it is for an elderly person to see their social security amount cut.  A lot of things could be done. Raise the cap at which social security payroll tax isn't taken out.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2013, 05:11:29 PM »
Not saying that is the only answer, but I bet it's a lot easier for workers to give another 0.5 to 1% of payroll over to social security than it is for an elderly person to see their social security amount cut.  A lot of things could be done. Raise the cap at which social security payroll tax isn't taken out.

Like I said.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »

Yep raise taxes and print more money. What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »

You do realize that when enacted the qualifying age for SS was 65 and the average life expectancy was 62-63 don`t you?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 06:12:50 PM »
That would be  a wrong conclusion to draw from my post.  The point of my post is sometimes conservatives who skew toward rural America tend to build up stereotypes about the biography of people with liberal or progressive views about life.  I'm merely pointing out I did not spend my life in urban settings unaware of what it is like to muck out a horse stall and wheel barrow that shit down to become compost for a garden.  I am merely pointing out one can have hunted for deer, rabbit, squirrel, etc. and not be afraid of guns but still wish to see more control on handguns in U.S. cities to help stem the violence and death from guns in the U.S. that is appalling and something that can be changed (just ask Australia).

I have a question for you, Scooter.

What do almost all of the mass shooting in the last 10 years have in common?

Hint: the answer isn't "guns", so try again)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:26 PM »
I have a question for you, Scooter.

What do almost all of the mass shooting in the last 10 years have in common?

Hint: the answer isn't "guns", so try again)

Uhhh, bullets?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »
How are those strict laws working out for Chicago and Detroit?

I would still be interested in your thoughts as to why with the very strict gun control/ban laws Chicago is the murder capital of the USA.